Insurance Quality

I worked as an Accounts Payable Clerk at the Northeast Regional Accounting Office for Camping World. During my time there I observed the following;

Intentionally overcharging customers Sales Tax and Registration Fees. The company refunds these overcharges, but most customers finance (loans) and this extra money (sometimes thousands of dollars) accumulates interest for months before a refund is issued. This rips off the customer and gives the accounting department unnecessary work.

2. At least one location I worked with intentionally added after-market warranty packages without the customers’ consent, hoping the customer would sign without noticing.

The customer would eventually notice, and again—this rips off the customer and creates more work for the accounting office.

3. I lost track of all the customer settlement checks I had to issue for this company.

An unusually high volume of customers retain a lawyer after doing business with this company.

I resigned due to ethical conflicts and stress. I can’t in good conscience recommend anyone work there or do business with them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Camping World Customer Care.

Comments