1.3

Four months ago my wife and I purchased a Thor Freedom Traveler 27A from Camping World in Calera, Al. After the purchase we were given a walk-thru to provide an in-depth overview of the coach.

This overview revealed a yellow stain in the flooring that couldn't be removed and the LP indicator lights were not working due to a sensor missing in the tank. We were told by management, after we said we no longer wanted the vehicle, that they would replace the flooring and install the sensor. They said this would take about 4 days - the four days became 4 weeks. After taking the coach home, we did a mock campout in our driveway and found several (minor) issues.

We made a list and contacted Camping World to set up time to bring it in. We also asked to have a track bar, and steering stabilizer installed. It has now been 3 weeks and according to Camping World they are waiting on a part for the steering stabilizer. When I asked about the other issues I was told that it had to be approved...something about warranty approval.

This made no sense because the coach has bumper-to-bumper (the best they offered) coverage. But the most frustrating part in all of this is that the vehicle has been sitting in their lot for 3 weeks and NOTHING has been done!!

Someone tell me if I'm wrong, but everything I've encountered at Camping World has shown to be poor management, poor communication, and I feel deceived about their warrant program. If I could, and I'm not sure I can't, I would tell them to keep the coach and refund my money.

Reason of review: poor customer service and warranty issues.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Sales person.

I didn't like: Poor communication, Too many people not knowing what was going on, Very little accountability.

Comments

You are not wrong, what you are experiencing is a very much commonplace at most of the CW locations. Camping world considers YOU the problem and not them.

to Anonymous #1492169

I appreciate your comments. It’s nice to know I’m not alone in my frustrations with this organization. Thanks

I agree that you misunderstood the warranty terms ; the clue is that you stated, regarding the warranty, QUOTE : " the best they offered " ... you shouldn't have to pay anything for at very least the original manufacturer's portion.

Whomever constructed the rest of the vehicle cabin, etc. is next ; there is a very specific portion of the Uniform Commercial Code stipulating requirements regarding product sold as "new". This is not an extra charge option either.

I'd like to see the *** documents you signed when purchasing an add-on that benefits only the dealership in partnership with the sponsor. Perhaps you should have followed your first instinct and declined the transaction ; this may just be the beginning as I read a lot of complaints about RVs posted to this website.