I brought my older motorhome (1981 Holiday Rambler) in for service a month ago because the Onan generator wouldn't work. The service manager said he couldn't give me an estimate until a technician performed an inspection of the generator. So I gave them the green light to do so for a cost of $129. About an hour later the service manager said the technician said that I had a bad coil. When I asked the service manager what it would cost to replace the coil, he said that he couldn't tell me because he didn't even know whether they could get a coil.

In other words, I was back to square one. I spent the next couple of weeks trying to find someone who could replace the coil--no luck! Then I spent several days days trying to find a replacement coil. I finally found one for about $80 and then put the coil on myself. However, the generator still wouldn't start. Finally, I found a local mechanic who said he would fix the generator, which he did for a total cost of $55! He said the problem wasn't the coil! The electronic ignition just need adjusting. In other words, Camping World's technician didn't know what he was talking about! And his misdiagnosis cost me over $200 and countless hours of searching, not to mention a whole lot of frustration! I will never again take a camper to Camping World! And I will tell every one I know who owns a camper to avoid the place as well!

Joe Treece

Joe Treece

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of camping world rv service and associated monetary loss in the amount of $200. Camping World needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned camping world rv service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments