2.6
Interest Rate

I bought a new 5th Wheel at Hwy 544 location in Myrtle Beach SC.I had a permanent site for it behind my shop and didn't have a truck yet, so had it delivered.

The ground was a little soggy from heavy rain when delivered, so they couldn't get it exactly where I wanted it. They said they will come back out when the ground dried up some. That was fine and understandable. A few weeks later or so, I was opening my shop and they showed up unanounced and wanted to move it into place.

I was in the process of opening my shop and was caught of guard, but allowed them to do it. I was going back and forth between the rv and shop, since I had a register full of money and the breaker panel was never turned off or the power cord disconnected from the rv. As they were moving it the power cord was pulled taunt at one point. That must have caused a surge since the 12volt c onverter, fridge control and microwave control got fried.

I felt as though they should pay for it since they showed up unanounced and I wasn't given time to prepare the unit to be moved. I should have said no, but like I said, I was caught off guard and was more concerned witht the shop being unattended. The worst thing is I called and emailed several times and never got a call back. I had to drive 45 min to the Camping World Service Center to get anything done.

They finally came and got the camper, then 3 weeks went by and I never heard anything. Their phones always go to voice mail and I had to go there again just to get someone to talk too. They told me it was ready and would be delivered the next day. The next day came around and no Camper and No phone call.

Had to go their again and ws told it was ready and would be delivered the next day by the service manager. I asked to see the unit, since now i was wondering if they were avaiding me because they damaged it or something. I didn't know what to think. He said sure and they hooked it up and opened it.

There was no power in the unit. It sat there for over 3 weeks and had never even been touched by a service tech. He said he would run it through the warranty process. So after 2-3 months, when it was all said and done.

I was lied to, ignored and made to feel like I didn't matter now that they had my money. The waranty would not pay for the repairs and neither would Camping World. But the Manager for the Store summed it up best after I complained about how long it took just to tell me they wouldn't pay, when he said, "We have Units that have been here for seven months". And said it as though that was acceptable.

What a joke of a company they are from top to bottom. The CEO of Camping World has a television show about saving failing companies and this is happening in the one he is running.

He obviously only cares about sales, but the shakey foundation this company is built on will eventually crumble.Repeat customers matter and you lost one for life.

This reviewer shared experience and wants this business to "you have lost me as a costomer for life. this was the single worst experience with any company i've ever had. i suggest you build a better post-buyer customer experience". This person is overall dissatisfied with Camping World. The most disappointing about big country 5th wheel rv at Camping World was lied to and ignored by service dept Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments