I inquired online about a 2007 Viking pop up camper trailer that was listed for $2799.00 on Wed 3/14/18. I was contacted the next morning, Thursday 3/16/18, on my cell by a Dorian Vanegas, an internet sales associate. We discussed the price and I countered with a cash price of $2200.00. He said he spoke with his GM who stated " he would entertain all reasonable offers and that my offer was reasonable and would entertain that price as long as I was there by 6:00 P.M. and ready to purchase. I immediately took off work and headed to Camping World, Oakwood with cash in hand to purchase the camper.

I arrived onsite and asked to see Dorian. I saw 5 sales people and was told "they were playing musical chairs with me". I allowed that comment to slide and went out to inspect the camper. I was impressed and was ready to make my purchase. The sales man of the minute got a piece of paper and scribbled a few things down and my final cash price would be $4,700.00. What was I born last night? Do I have boo boo the fool written on my forehead? I went over the numbers - $2,200.00 for camper, $200.00 for GA breaking system, $80.00 for a toilet + taxes and tags. I was never shown the figures for all the extras, so I countered for $3,000.00, GM said $3900.00 and I have another family looking at it. I said, thank you for your time and let the other family purchase it.

Boy, what an experience. I am not one to throw in the race card, but how in the world did a reasonable offer of $2,200 with my add-ons + tax and tags come to $4,700.00? Is it because I am African American? I have received several calls today regarding my request and doing a follow up. I had one caller to tell me I am lying regarding the $2200.00 being a reasonable offer. Text messages don't lie.

Consumers Beware - Cash does not talk or walk at Camping World - *** does and it STINKS!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Camping World Sales Representative.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 16.

Comments