I bought a brand new 2018 Thor Hurricane and paid extra $1000 for a complete inspection.The salesman was and is fantastic.

He has gone above and beyond to try to get these issues fixed. 1st thing that happened was that the emergency brake light would not turn off resulting in a loud alarm. They had a mechanic look at it who said it was wired in wrong but I could just pull up on the emergency brake pedal while pulling on the release to get the alarm and light to turn off. When I said can't you just fix it he responded, it should fix itself eventually.

Next when I opened up the slide, I notice a cut in the Linoleum in the middle of the main room. There was a second one by the bathroom door. There is also large chips in the sink that someone had painted over to try to hide them. I found metal pieces on the floor and found out that the locking washers were falling apart in the fold out sofa bed.

I called service who said they need to speak to the Laurie the service manager. Then service called me back and said that Laurie said that they would just take care of it later when they do my warranty service. I called back and left a message for Laurie. A few days later I left a second message with no response.

Finally, my salesman got ahold of Laurie who said to make an appointment for service. I called today and I was informed that they don't have anything open until mid August. I called Thor Customer Service who said they can't do anything until Camping World sends pictures and opens a claim. So now I have to wait until August to have the pictures taken so they can make a claim.

So what did I pay the $1000 for if it wasn't even going to be looked at? Also, I paid for the extended warranty through Camping World and if this is an example of how they handle their warranty work I just spend a lot of extra money for nothing.

My suggestion is not to purchase anything from Camping World.There service is terrible and they don't know the meaning of customer service.

Review about: 2018 Thor Hurricane.

I liked: Dedication of the salesman shawn.

I didn't like: Service department.

1.5
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $2000
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion