1.2

I brought my newly purchased Thor RV in for warranty work on June 6th, and have yet to have all the warranty work completed.After more than a month of getting the run-around as described below, only a portion of the warranty work had been finished.

I needed the RV for a long-anticipated family reunion and picked up my RV in early July even though all warranty work had yet to be satisfied. I was told at that time that some of the replacement parts had yet to be delivered and that they should be in soon. I have called several times for status updates, and on the very rare occasion that I do not get sent to voicemail, the different Service Managers (I'm on my fourth) have each said, Let me check into it and call you back. Never do they call me back.

Such one-sided conversations have been the norm since the initial service was undertaken. As a last straw, on July 31st, I called Thor Motor Coach directly and was told the parts to finish the warranty work have never been ordered. If I must find another RV service provider to complete the warranty work, I will do so, as this level of service and communication is unacceptable. I have been known to be a patient person, but this has stretched that patience to the limit.

My story is typical of the many reviews I have subsequently read regarding the service at the Hillsboro facility. If I would have read the reviews prior to bringing my RV to this location for service, you can rest assured that I would have reconsidered and possibly even purchased my RV elsewhere. But now it is a lesson learned for me.

Service is not a verb in the vocabulary of the Hillsboro operation, but only a noun used before the word department to denote a physical area on the property.It would be in the best interest of Camping World to permanently close the service department at this location and hopefully salvage the damaged reputation that is being fostered in the Pacific Northwest.

Review about: Camping World Warranty.

I didn't like: Lack of communication and dishonesty.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

It's not just that location, it's almost all of the locations that absolutely suck when it comes to service. Stay away from ALL camping worlds.