State: Florida City: Orlando Product: Camping World Rv Repair Clear all filters (2 of 561 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

ARE ALL CAMPING WORLD'S THIS BAD OR IS IT JUST THE DOZEN OR SO I HAVE BEEN IN???

2.2
It doesn't matter what Camping World I go in it seems as though they all seem to have issues. I never saw such a high employee to customer ratio. One would think with this high employee to customer ratio that the service would be good. IT IS NOT, at least that is my experience being in several. OK, today for example, I texted a picture of a propane tank wire issue to a Service Advisor twice last week and then spoke to him twice concerning work and a serious concern I had for work just done there. May I also inform the reader of this blog that I had to make an appointment 1 week in advance for a 4 hour job and they still took two weeks to the day to complete this work I still have a concern about. This is on a New RV that is under Warranty. Anyway, I never heard back from this Service Advisor. When I called Monday Morning the Manager informed me that this Service Advisor was now on Vacation and I would have to drive this Motorhome to them to get my question answered. So I drove to the dealership taking two hours out of my schedule to ask about m concern. The Service Advisor , who has no control over the shop, was told by the Tech that in order for him to look at my RV they would have to move it back to the Shop area. An inconvenience for me as I informed them of another appointment I had prior to making my appointment with them. I was at Camping World for an hour waiting on some Tech to answer my question. I then , after they moved my RV back to the shop area waited another 30 minutes then showed a picture from my cell phone to the Service Advisor addressing my concern. he took my cell phone back to the shop and came back out and did not answer my question or my concern for safety. His answer was "ALL RVs ARE LIKE THAT" ?????? What a waste of a morning. I still do not feel safe with this situation as it may be a serious hazardous situation. I am at the point where even though this is a brand new RV I have only one option left. Ant that is to sell this BRAND NEW RV that has only the miles put on it to drive back and forth to Camping World 4 times and still I do not feel safe in it. The Service Departments in these Camping Worlds are the worst I have ever encountered. This one in particular. Five Service people behind a desk just one customer , ME, and I left the store in frustration one more time. I guarantee for the last time. Every time I go to this store either the one I spoke to or the one I am suppose to speak to is on vacation or no longer works there. Seems as though a very high employee turn over. This in itself speaks for this company. The store clerks are not much better. Several of these people standing around looking at each other all day yet when you ask them something they just give you a blank stare. Again, I was the only one in the store when it opened with at least 10 employees doing nothing. No one seems to know anything or has been trained properly to know anything about RVs. Is this a business or a cult? I have never seen a business like this. My advice to anyone reading this is to stay away from these stores unless absolutely necessary . If you need repairs on your RV find an independent service provider. It just seems like something is getting lost in this World called Camping World when it comes to Customer satisfaction. They are not equipped and or trained as Franchised Dealers are in the Automotive Industry when it comes to Service. OH, I apologize there was one other person that came in the store and seemed to leave angry. I did over hear that brief conversation with the Service Advisor. It was a very similar conversation I had with the Service Advisor when my coach was in the shop for 2 weeks for the 4 hour repair. This customer was informed that they received the wrong parts and it would be another week for him to get his Coach back. You see they had ordered the wrong parts not once not twice but three times before they got the right ones and as mentioned I have serious issue as to there work and never received a satisfactory answer to my question. If you are stuck on the Road get towed to the next service center, if you need RV supplies go on Ebay and plan ahead. The new RV salesman are horrible but they are every where. You are stuck with this when you buy a new Coach. I am looking forward now to selling my brand new 2017 RV with a few miles on it as it was only driven back and forth to the dealer for repairs . I am sure I am going to lose tens of thousands but the good news is I will never have to deal with the likes of Camping World. Thank You Camping World for being one of the contributing factors in destroying the number one thing on my bucket list to see the US in an RV. Buying a new RV was one of the worst decisions I ever made. The money lost on this could have gone to several pleasant Vacations. This experience with Camping World was not a pleasant one. I am going to look in the rear view mirror on this venture and once I sell my RV will never EVER own one again. AGAIN, THANK YOU CAMPING WORLD
#1198128

Same bad service here at Camping World in Anderson, Ca. We purchased a new travel trailer in April on the first trip out we found some minor things that needed repaired, one of these being if we had a compentant person when we did the walk thru it would have been discovered then.

Since June to present they have had out unit over a month and half and absolutely nothing done to it. First time in said they were waiting on parts.....now on 8/10 said they are waiting on parts theses are the same parts that apparently they were waiting on in June. No one ever returns phone calls, we wish that we had read these reviews before we purchased from them. they have taken the excitement away from the purchase of our first new RV, if we could afford it we would get rid of it and get another from some where else.

Having a bad service dept. it also makes it look bad for the maker of the RV.

I am ready to get the trailer and park it in Front of Camping World Anderson with a sign on it that says it is a Lemon and the service dept stinks. Thanks Camping workd for nothing.

#1197257

I hear you. Camping world is a horrible place.

How did they stay in business all these years? I guess from over charging customers. They are a rip off. I have to agree buy on ebay.

Camping world has a 300 percent mark up from other suppliers. I no longer shop there unless absolutely necessary. DEFINITELY will not get my RV serviced at a Camping World.

Had similar experience.

View more comments (1)
Review
Service
Camping World Rv Repair
Cons
  • Customer service representative
  • Service
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss

CAMPING World Service Dept. Sucks.

On or about 5/14/2016 I took my Casita to the Winter Garden store for what I would have thought would be routine maintenance. Please forgive me I don’t have all the dates and times or details as was quite the ordeal. . I left it with the front office service advisor who I believe she was named Shean Corley. After about an our of making a work order I left with the understanding that the following work would be preformed: Annual Maintenance Package and the 45 point check In addition to the maintenance and the check I asked them to: Replace the vent cap over the bathroom Replace some cabinet latches (2X) and we even spoke how they would probably need to be special ordered, Repair as necessary the outside light at the entrance as I felt the switch was not working. Tighten as necessary the screws for the closet hinges. and last but not least I asked them to top off the LP tanks on one of the Wed’s that it was in the shop. On or about 5/29/2016 I was called and advised it was ready to pickup and at that time I authorized over the phone for a sale item “ a electric jack” to be put on. When I returned I found that at that time the outside switch had not been ordered or replaced and the cabinet latches had not been order or replaced, so after over an hour we finally find out that both the latches had not been replaced and the lp tanks had not been toped off. I was called and advised that it was going to be an extra 96.75 to run the electric wiring all the way back to the back ( a whole 17 foot small trailer) On or about 6/4 I was advised it was ready to pick up after everything had been done and when I returned the tanks had not been topped off and I was advised now that the battery needed to be replaced. At this time I was totally frustrated and told them I would replace the battery myself since I have an wholesale account at Interstate battery, On or about 7/4 I had the battery replaced at the interstate store in Oviedo Florida. I walked out with d During this time the trailer was had only been trailered without any use. After interstate replaced the battery, it blew 5 separate fuses and when I got it home I plugged it in the wall 110 and it would pop the breaker after about 5 minutes of being plugged in. I tried different circuits to no avail. I plugged and un plugged everything and reinstalled the wiring to the battery again blowing more fuses in the inline wiring to the battery from the electric jack. After walking away for over an hour I returned and it was now working and not blowing fuses. I called the Shop and they wrote it off saying that nothing was wrong when they repaired it was probably just the adapter to the 110. However, that didn’t answer nor did they have an answer why it was blowing fuses now intermittingly or why the 12 volt plug on the inside was not working now. They advised me that it was checked during the 45 point check. After calling the Casita manufacture in Texas I found that they always use a 110 converter in their shop and that was not a valid reason for the circuits to be blowing by using the 110 converter. The manufacture also advised me that they do not recommend Camping world for service and advised that LaMesa was the only place in central Florida that they could recommend.The went further to say that even though it was OK to run the wiring from the Elec. jack all the way back to the battery it was completely unnecessary, they advised that there is ample room in the junction box to hardwire a elec. jack and there was even a place that was earmarked for wiring in a elec. jack. and that the extra labor for Camping world to wire in the elec. jack was not necessary. After advising the manager of the store off my conversations with Manufacture He advised me that if I would bring it in and they would go over it again. I took it back to the shop and told them the only way I would be satisfied now was for them to retrace the wiring and make sure that there was not a possible short somewhere that was causing the short or casing the 12 volt plug to to not work. When I picked it up they said that they could not find anything wrong with the wiring. The Tech showed me where they had left it running with the AC and light on all night and just unplugged it before I got there. Even thought the tech said he checked the wiring I felt that all he done was to turn the AC and light on to see if it was working so he could show me that when I returned there. He also said there was a blown fuse for the 12 volt plug on the inside. Now after about 2 months and after my final fill all in all I spent $1022.32, Which did not include the LP tanks being topped off even though it was in my first request. I advised them over the phone and after having to take it back myself and get them topped off after it had been it the shop twice now. I have now been camping with it and the first time I camped after I went out to turn the Electric water heater on and found the the switch had been left on and if you know water heaters when the switch is left on without water being in the tank it will burn out the element. So guess what after spending all this money I find that possibly as a result of the water heater switch being left on and an improper installation of the electric jack that that those things might have been the culprit of the fuses blowing and the circuits popping to now replace the water heater element myself, So now after spending $1022.32 and countless hours in the shop, on the phone and on the road traveling to and from the shop I have had to do most of the necessary maintenance myself and learned a huge lesson about Camping World. Even a Vendor at my wife's work advised that he would never return to Camping World. Another friend of mine who is a recently retired United States Marshall said he would never return to Camping World for service.
Review