State: Florida City: New Port Richey Product: Camping World Camper Repair Clear all filters (1 of 30 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Camping World in New Port Richey, Florida - Horrible service for warranty repairs

In March of 2017 my wife and I bought our 1st brand new Coleman 26' camping trailer. One year later, June 2018, we brought camper back in due to sever leak when raining through the slide in. Several other smaller issues needed to be addressed to include leaking plumbing under kitchen sink, bubbling of linoleum flooring in several spots, and the A/C thermostat not being adjustable to name a few. Jeff Zambroski was the service writer and things were covered under warranty. The camper was kept for for a month and a half before being returned with the usual "We are so sorry, but everything is all fixed now." When we looked at repairs it was noticed the carpet for slide out had been replaced and not matching the old, the seam lines were visible, and the ends were meeting camper wall when slide out was closed were frayed and did not meet up with wall. Jeff told me that was best fix without tearing out all carpet and placing everything new (why not do that?). Jeff said plumbing leaks were fixed and nothing seemed wrong with thermostat / AC. We camped a few more times until December of 2018 when we experienced heavy rains for an extended period of time. When we went to camp of Christmas vacation we discovered same leak that had been "repaired" leaked and now we had black mold climbing walls of slide out and the carpet, plus the walls and other wood was now warped and pealing veneer. Called Jeff and he advised soonest to get camper in would be 02/06/2019 which was only choice available to us. Dropped off on date and didn't hear a thing from Jeff so I called and left a voice mail. Jeff returned my call but had to leave me a voice mail in which he apologized, explained the first repair done was not done properly, and promptly blamed a service technician that conveniently no longer works there. Jeff assure and we have not heard another d me all would be fixed and our camping nightmare would be over after promising to call me with updates. I didn't hear anything from two months (missed camping for Spring Break) so I called Jeff who explained all parts were shipped wrong but all was now fixed and repairs would commence. Jeff said he would update me within a week. By the end of April I still hadn't heard anything so now my wife called to speak with Jeff. Jeff apologized again and said the camper was almost repaired (no reason given for time lapse or any compromise offered to make us feel any better), and promised to call her within three days. Today is 05/15/2019 and we still have NO update, No camper and NO resolution in sight. i don't know what I need to do or where to turn, but I can assure that legal action will be next step and we will never set foot in or recommend Camping World even if the Zombie Apocalypse occurs. Absolute worst experience of our lives at a time we should be reveling in and making family memories with our children. And people wonder why new buyers are so afraid of going to dealers and making monumental purchases.
Review
Service
Camping World Camper Repair
Pros
  • Wrost
Cons
  • Anything after sale
Reason of review