Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

My husband and I visited Camping World in North Charleston, SC several times to look at campers and to take our boat to be appraised as a trade in. We found the camper we wanted and accepted the offer for our boat.

The credit application was completed, and we were given a day/time to come in to pick up the camper. Upon arrival, we were introduced to the finance manager Clifton Parish. He was unfriendly from the start. He informed us that our credit score was lower than what he thought it would be and that we would need to put 10% down, which we had planned to anyways.

Then we were told that since we are both retired, my husband a military veteran of 30 years, and I a retired public school teacher would have to provide written proof from the military retirement and education department that we receive retirement. Also we needed to provide written proof that we both receive Social Security. We do not receive monthly statements from our retirements or Social Security. Our checks are directly deposited in our bank.

I told him that he has our bank account number and could check that way. He said we needed to provide more proof. He told us that our interest rate would be around 17%, and my husband asked him how much the monthly payments would be at that rate. He said he did not know and made no effort to check.

This gentleman provided no help at all. We left without purchasing the camper. This was a very bad experience . We will never again purchase another camper from your company and will discourage anyone from doing so.

Mr. Parish is an arrogant, sarcastic individual who does not offer any assistance to customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Camping World Manager.

I didn't like: Finance manager clifton parish, Service and lack of concern to customer, Poor follow up, Poor follow up and providing information.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 31.

Comments