Camping World of Jackson, Mississippi. First, I am in the military, never bought a camper before, and I ended up buying a camper from Camper World.

For the most part, I like the camper I purchased. People at Camper World were helpful all the way up to after the sale in the finance section. After the camper sell, the service department has been pleasant and respectful, however, the Finance department I know has conducted some shaded operations and I think they have possibly broken a law concerning fraud. I bought the camper with extended warranty and gap insurance, decided to cancel after two weeks of purchase.

Full refund is required if done within 30 days of purchase. Finance Department would not work with me over the phone or email to cancel warranty, so I went to Camper World after taking a day of leave from the military. When I arrived (August 3rd), finance person did not want to help me, said he was busy, (note: no other customer was in the office, it was early in the morning). I told the finance person, I was not going anywhere and I could wait.

30 minutes later finance person brought me two blank forms not filled out at all and told me to sign, I told the finance person, I would not sign the forms until my information was put on forms, finance person left my presence with disgust since he had to go fill out forms. Once he returned with forms, I looked them over and signed. I asked finance person for a copy, finance person was disgusted again by my request. Finance person told me it would be a while, I told him I was not going anywhere once again.

He returned a couple of times, said the copy machine was out of paper, the copy machine was out of ink... Finally I got the copies and left, knowing in my gut something was not right and the paperwork was not going to be filed. At week four after cancelation of gap and extended warranty, I called Camper World Office to ask about my cancelation. I was told that it could take up to 8 to 12 weeks.

At week eight after cancelation of gap and extended warranty, I called Camper World Office to ask about my cancelation. I was told with disgust that it could take up to 12 weeks. Week 14, no refund was given, called finance person again, said I want to know what is going on with my refund of gap insurance and extended warranty. Finance person said he would look into it and call me back.

Days went by and Finance Person did not call back. So, I felt I needed to start documentation by email. So I emailed Finance Person to request information on my cancelation of Gap and Extended Warranty. Finance Person replied by email it has been canceled and would get back to me.

Finance person did not get back with me. All I wanted was a timeline of when money was going to be returned. I ended up working with Finance manager instead of Finance Person to get a timeline of extended warranty return and was told it will be done by early January and be returned to my loan account. I still felt there was a question of the gap insurance timeline of return, so I requested to know if the return was under the same timeline.

Sales Manager said he did not know and wanted to know if I canceled it at the same time. I told him yes and repeated my question of timeline request for return of gap insurance by email. Sales manager did not reply back, so I sent another email asking same thing. To date, no answer has been given on timeline of return of Gap Insurance.

Note: I have been paying interested on $4500.00 worth of gap insurance and warranty and I have asked Finance Manager for consideration of lost money to me due to mistakes made on Camper Worlds end. He asked me what I wanted, I requested $200.00. Finance Manager said that was two much and offered me a $50.00 gift card. I declined $50.00 gift card and told the Finance Manager on the phone that I just want the money returned back to my account.

Where I think the issue is: If the Finance Person who did not file the cancelation forms on purpose or just forgot and then received a commission if he delayed cancelation, Fraud or something illegal is going on. Note: My cancelation confirmation by Finance Manager and Finance Person confirmed by email and phone conversation did not happen till I put the issue on email of November 29th for documentation.. I have copies of forms filled out and signed for August 3rd for cancelation of gap and extended warranty. I want my refund one way or another.

If I have to go to thru a military JAG, I will be seeking amount owed, interest, pain and suffering from just dealing with this issue. I am on leave currently, once again dealing with this issue, when I should be relaxing and enjoying my time with family. I have never felt so unappreciated in my life. I am a honest and hard working.

This could of all been handle with professionalism and all would be fine. Honesty, Integrity, and timely communication is lacking in the finance department of Camper World of Jackson.

Review about: Camping World Customer Care.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I liked: Service department personnel.

I didn't like: Finance department.

Comments

You should call Good Sam themselves skip the finance people! If I missed that I’m sorry!

Camping World sold my husband and I a fifth wheel as brand new it’s had over 25 problems still not useable.

Jayco manufacturer still refuses to assist! Camping World Good Sam and Jayco are scamming people!

I am a former employee, and I witnessed our finance department avoid cancellation calls all the time. The finance person was paid a commission, and he/she would get charged back commission when customers cancelled various products.

They made a regular habit of not returning phone calls and emails. When customers showed up in person, they would sometimes wait several hours. One finance person even said they would see how long the customer wait without blowing up.

Your situation is common practice with Camping World, and I feel sorry for you. I hope other potential customers read this and avoid Camping World at all costs if they want to be treated like a human being.

DSpivey79
to Anonymous #1404560

Thank you for your email. Our country don’t even look after our own people anymore.

Sad. Camper World will pay amount owed one way or another.

Have a Merry Christmas.