1.3
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

Update by user May 29

May 29,2017 still waiting to here back. sent letter on 5/8/2017 with info to the extended warranty area ( Good Sam ESP) they said 4-6 weeks till I here back.

Update by user Apr 30

I have been trying to work with Camping World since January on this issue I have emails and voice mails telling me that the problem is the other locations fault. Dover FL service manager as well as a sales manager has even told me that the unit had a bad slide when we purchased it.

Original review posted by user Apr 29

we purchased a 2015 Jayco pinnacle fifth wheel from Camping World Madison WI in March 2016.We took out the extended warranty because it was a used unit.

We took it out on three short trips around Wisconsin and had no problems with it. We set up a trip to stay the winter in Tampa Florida and on the way we ran into problems with the 17ft slide (on kitchen side) we contacted Camping World Madison WI and they contacted the Camping World Dover FL and asked them to help us. The slide no longer would go in and out. Dover sent a tech out to help get the slide out (it had to be forced out Schwintech (even the override would not let the slide free roll) slide would no longer work) Dover came and picked up our unit at the RV park finely on Dec 10th 2016 after three days of trying to get the slide to retract they got it in.

Dover FL knew that we would be returning from WI on the 4th of Jan and that we would be in to pick it up. On the 3ed of January received an email midafternoon that the unit was not ready and that we should get a hotel room. During this whole time they told us that they had the parts and it would be ready when we returned. When we arrived to look at our unit we found that the whole 17 ft slide had been removed and the whole in side was in pieces.

Dover told us that they found more problems with the unit and needed to call in the mfg. of the frame to look at it because they found that the outriggers were bent and that the frame was also bent. They call in someone to look at the frame and they did say that yes it was bent but it was within the normal specs for the unit. We contacted Wisconsin and they wanted us to return to Wisconsin and they wanted to look at it.

We spent 12 days in a Hotel trying to get this issue solved. Florida saying that Wisconsin sold us a damaged unit and that they should pick up the cost for the repairs Wisconsin saying it is not their problem and the extended warranty saying that it is not covered under the warranty, but if you go to the website it shows that slides are covered on an extended warranty. I called my banker and had $7000.00 transferred from my 401K to pay for the repair because we were held hostage between both Camping Worlds if we would not have done this I think that we would still be living in a hotel) and signed to have the repairs done so we could get our unit back. If you look at the charges they took 10 hrs to fabricate the outriggers and weld them which is an over charge it took them three days to get in the slide to take it back to the shop again should not have taken that long, and then sixteen ours for repair and 12 hrs to remove the slide looks like all the hours were padded.

Washing the unit which was not asked for $228.00. ellen.smith@goodsam.com james.callaghan@campingworld.com mgerdich@campingworld.com meaghan.pelischek@campingworld.com thamil@campingworld.com travis.haack@campingworld.com jerry.curry@campingworld.com Since January we have been in limbo Florida said that Wisconsin should reimburse us and Wisconsin saying no.

As you can see below in the email still have not get this resolved.Can you help.

Review about: 2015 Jayco Pinnacle Rv.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I didn't like: Getting a runaround about extended warranty.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments