Do not under any circumstances bring your RV, or any other equipment, to Jacksonville Camping World for service.We were driving through and needed an oil change on our nearly spanking new 15 Vista and a scheduled wheel bearing re-pack on our tow dolly.

We got it in. They said come back in three to four hours. Four hours later, the service boss said they had the right front wheel bearings of the RV out, but they didn't have a replacement seal for the hub. I asked why they took the right front hub apart on a new coach with 8k miles when I wanted the tow dolly bearings re-packed.

Back pedal time. The guy said his 'tech' noticed a leak on the right front of the RV. I was a mechanic for 10 years and told him so, and busted him. I told him I inspect the chassis often and there was no leak.

He then left and produced the 'bad' seal, showing me a flawless seal except where it had been pried out of the hub. Did he not hear me tell him about my wrenching past? I told him the seal was fine, except where it was ruined by being pried out of the hub. He left again and returned moments later with something closer to the truth.

He said his 'tech' mis-read the work order and started on the RV wheel bearings instead of the tow dolly. I say 'closer' to the truth because he actually still tried to suggest there was a problem in the right front of the coach anyway. I suggested his shop would be paying for the seal and he readily agreed. In the meantime, they had not even started the tow dolly wheel bearing re-pack.

About three hours later we were finally out of there. Yesterday I was grilling outside in our current park and noticed a lug nut missing on the tow dolly. I got a new one from Napa and after installing it, decided to check the others. Four were finger-loose.

The rest were very close to finger-loose.

We could have easily lost a wheel and caused a major pile-up with our 37 foot coach and toad Camry.The Jacksonville Camping World shop should be shut down for investigation and left closed until competent people can be found to operate it.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Camping World. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments