2.7

We will start from the beginning, we were out on a Sunday, all of the dealers were closed except Camping World. We have heard form others to avoid them, but we had free time and thought we would at least look a few trailers to get an idea of what we wanted in our next R.V.

The salesman takes us out on the lot, seemed hesitant to do so, never asked us about income or credit. Just started making a few comments about how we would probably need 30% down and he wanted to only show us low end units. We said we wanted 30ft plus and needed a few amenities. He continued to make negative comments about our ability to obtain financing. (again, never asked us any personal info)

We would have left after a few minutes of his negativity, but we ran across the perfect 5th wheel for us. He said we would not be able to buy it and that everyone he had tried to sell that one to could not get credit. This was a used unit, just under 50k and just as nice and similar t a couple of 90k plus units we walked to and looked at ourselves when he didn't want to show them. He kept pushing us towards sub-30k small trailers.

We convinced him to give us a buyers order with the units info.

On the ride home we both agreed we rally would not go back there except we found a great 42ft 5th wheel toy hauler at a great steal once we looked up NADA value.

Anyway, did an online app with our credit union, the next morning they approved us with no money down full financing.

We went to a branch, picked up the draft and headed to Camping World.

Salesman acted shocked, we did all the paperwork and scheduled the walk thru date. They wanted a delivery date set for immediately after the walk thru, said once sold it needed to leave their lot ASAP.

I found this odd, but made arrangements anyway.

Now the fun begins, go there on a Friday afternoon to do the walk thru.

This is a brand new facility they just built. Previously they had been in a very small place on the other side of the highway and did not even sell trailers, only service and parts.

This is a 42ft unit with 2 a.c.'s and of course 50mp service.

The gentleman doing the walk thru told me they only have 30 amp service on the lot and would not be able to demo the a.c. units, but promised me they were checked out an worked just fine.

He did a nice thorough coverage of all of the items outside of the rig.

Inside, except for being hot and no a.c., my only disappointment was he told me how the electric bunk beds worked, but did not want to pull the travel locks to demonstrate them.

Ther were 5 issues that needed to be addressed.

The first was a broken drawer handle that the salesman said they would fix.

When I did the walk thru, I looked at that drawer, it appeared the handle had been repaired so I did not say anything to the man doing the walk thru.

During the walk thru we found one clip outside that holds a storage door open that needed to be replaced.

The travel lock on the shower door was broken.

The automatic vent in the living area was turned off and you need a step ladder to reach it.

And the skylight above the shower was broken. Both inner and outer parts.

He said he would write down those 4 things after we were done, he didn't have a pen or paper with him.

Unit was delivered to our house Monday, the delivery guy (NOT a Camping World employee) was super nice and even show me some interesting things on the outside of my RV that were not covered in the walk thru.

Only issue with the delivery was that the sewage tank had been left open and the cap was not on and when he was backing into our side yard at an angle, raw sewage came out. I can only imagine what is was like to be driving behind this when he was coming up the interstate, (Yuck!)

After he left, I opened it up and checked out a few things.

Yes, the auto vent had been turned on.

Yes, the clip had been replaced for the storage door.

No, the sky light had not been repaired.

No, the shower travel lock had not been replaced.

Wife got home, (she was not present for walk thru, walk thru hours were only available during her work hours) She went inside, went to open the drawers and found that the one that had been broken and I thought was fixed, they merely had turned the broken pieces towards each other and made it appear as one piece.

I called the store about the items, they said they were on order and we would be contacted as soon as they were in, should be by end of the week.

About 2 weeks later we happened to be driving near Camping World and dropped in to check on the parts. Service told us we had to check with parts dept. but they were not open at that time.

We went to speak to our salesman, He was off that day so we asked to speak to a Sales Manager, they were all busy but one of them would call us.

Less than 2 weeks later we stopped by again, went to parts dept. they said it was a service issue and that Service would have the part order info. But no one was available in Service at that time.

We went up front to talk to our salesman, but he was no longer there. They told us he was only seasonal and would return in the fall.

Once again we asked to speak with a Sales Manager, after over 30 minutes of waiting the receptionist asked if she could just have them call us. We said fine, left our information again and left.

The following weekend we went there again (this is a 70 mile round trip for us each time)

We did not even attempt to talk to Parts or Service, just asked for a Sales Mgr, this time we spoke to one. He was not very cordial, but did listen to us and said he would get to the bottom of it and contact us.

That was over 2 months ago. We have heard nothing, we have called and left messages but no one calls us back.

I almost forgot to add this...since they were not able to turn on a.c. units during walk thru and I took there word that they had been checked out, that was a mistake on our part.

Once the unit was moved to a resort and plugged into 50amp, the center a.c. unit has a bad vibration and rattles items in the RV when running. So I guess they got the last laugh on that.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of camping world customer care from Camping World. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $3000 and wants Camping World to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was broken promises, poor follow up, salesman bad attitude and service. Author liked the most price of our rv. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

azuka
Cherry Hill, New Jersey, United States #1205210

This is why you NEVER buy anything like this, even new, until everything has been tested to your satisfaction and repairs have been made to your satisfaction. If they can't demonstrate something like these people said, it is time to walk away.

Same goes for buying a used car.