We have bought and had all our campers serviced with the one off Hwy 544 and 501 in Myrtle Beach for 9 years.(We are local residents and have given these 2 all our business.).

Over the past few years they have progressively gotten worse. It is impossible to get an emergency repair done at either location. Other problems I have had are...not correctly repairing multiple issues, trying to get me to pay more than deductible, saying things are not warranty covered when they are, not knowledgeable enough to even show me how to access the plug for the outdoor fridge... (I figured that out on my own...

had to cut an access panel under bed inside... Keystone campers are a joke!!). Anyway, both service locations have been a huge dissapointment. To the point now I never want to deal with them, nor any Camping World ever again.

For most of the repairs needed, me or my husband will just do it ourselves because we dont want to deal with them. I used to feel like they cared, and that they were a great company, but everytime in the past few years I have dealt with the service departments, they act like they are doing me a huge favor by even picking up the phone. We are camping this week and the AC has gone out among a list of other warranty issues. Understanding they are busy, I only needed the AC looked at right now and would do the other repairs in the off season.

So, this morning we were hung up on 2 times, before even speaking one word to anyone. (So busy they dont even answer now, they just pick up and hang up.) Then, on the third try, I actually did get to speak to someone, but I was told I could leave a message and it might be a day or so before someone would call to make me an appointment. The earliest available appointment, even for emergencies, would be for a month from now. Called the other location, and again got hung up on before even speaking to anyone.

When I finally got someone at that location, I got the same story... that nobody was available to talk to and had to leave a message, that they also were a min of 4 weeks wait for any type of appointment. So, both locations told us they are way understaffed with only one service person at each location to speak with...ONE service person at 9am, weekday in July?? That's insane!

They need to manage the shop better, hire more staff, or even hire an overnight shift if needed to get their customers serviced. Camping World sells thousands of campers with a sales pitch promising to be full service and take care of all your camping needs... but they don't care at all. Especially disappointing in an emergency.

Knowing we cant go camping around here without AC, that would mean we cant use the camper for the rest of summer, I asked if I could take it to someone other than a Camping World repair center to do the work under the Good Sams Extended warranty. I was told they didn't know about that, and it wasn't their problem... so, I asked to speak with management, the lady said no, that management is too busy, I said I would hold until they were available but without another word she just hung up on me. Called back, asked to speak with managemnt, the person who answered that time said they were management.

I doubt that was true, but she was more professional. She also said that they were indeed only taking service appointments at earliest for a month from now, emergency or not, and that someone else would have to get back to me to even make the appointment. At least she was able to tell me that, yes, other non-Camping World companies could do warranty work, so I got that much help from her. The first other repair center I called was Camper Connection.

(They came highly recommended by friends.) They were very professional, said they could do warranty work, and made an appointment for me for tomorrow.

I hope I never have to deal with Camping World ever again...at least not the ones in the Myrtle Beach area!!

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments