Lowell, AR, USA
1.5

After spending several months researching which 5thwheel trailer my wife and I wanted, we decided that the Keystone 305RL was the model we wanted and we located one at the Camping World store in Lowell Arkansas (Camping World of Northwest Arkansas) that we really liked. We live 4 hours away in Oklahoma and made the drive out to visit their store and talk to their salesman, then went back home to talk about it some more. Finally after more research we made a written “Out the Door” offer via email based on their salesman telling us that Oklahoma state tax and licensing would be required and would be included in the total price.

Our offer was accepted, but what I didn’t discover until after the sale and only when I went to get the trailer registered in Oklahoma was that they had lowered the price of the trailer to meet our offer by intentionally leaving out ALL of the applicable state and local sales tax and registration fees. They had breezed past all of this when reviewing our contract with us, and while I admit that I have ultimate responsibility for reviewing and understanding each and every line of information on that contract, I personally think their actions were pretty shady and they’re now standing back claiming that “a contract is a contract”, regardless of what their salesman had verbally told us.

So Camping World Corporation and in particular; Camping World of Northwest Arkansas, here’s what you fail to realize; word of mouth is your best and worst form of advertising. And in this case, I will promise you that I will do my very best to steer any and every one away from doing business with you for any type of purchase. You also fail to realize that the $2200 in sales tax I ended up having to add to what I thought was my “Out the Door” price is just a fraction of what I will end up spending for the additional upgrades I had already talked to you about coming back for. You can guarantee that I will go to an independent Cummins Onan dealer for installation of that 5.5Kw generator, and to eTrailer.com for the additional $1000 in backup camera and TPMS systems. I had also planned on purchasing the loads of “odds and ends” that are also needed for RV’ing from your Camping World website, but will now go to eTrailer.com or other sites for each of those items too.

I’ve already purchased several thousands of dollars’ worth of trailering, towing and truck equipment from eTrailer.com and have never had an issue with either their products or customer service. Unfortunately I can’t say that about Camping World.”

Review about: Keystone Rv Rv.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

Good, don't give the bastards another nickel and do all you can to inform others.