2.3
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

To Whom It May Concern, I am writing in regards to a 2016 Heartland Mallard Travel Trailer we purchased new from Camping World in Cocoa Florida on Feb. 12,2016. We loved the Mallard layout and we love being able to get away occasionally for short trips. Being that we are of modest income and I am still working this was a way my husband and I could afford to take mini vacations at our convenience at a price we could afford. However soon after our purchase we quickly faced with numerous defects and repairs.

Feb. 29, 2016 brought in for repairs Black and Grey tanks were reading backwards found wires at panel were reversed camping world repaired. A/C in living room ceiling vent did not rotate 160 degrees it was a failed part camping world repaired and camper was ready for pick up a week later.

Oct 2016 brought in RV for a recall on front end cap led lights and entry door was delaminating promise date was Nov 14 2016 new door came in defective so we picked up RV after several weeks and they were going to call when door came in. In December RV was brought back in door was replaced and at that time we noticed there was no heat in bathroom -ducting was not attached, shower door and shower door trim comes off while in travel (camping world said that was by design). Screen door would not stay closed camping world repaired Dining room slide out had water damage exterior D-seal had come unattached and moved down it was in shop 6 weeks before we finally got hold of shop manager (Bruce Thompson) at camping world after numerous non-returned calls my husband had to make a trip there and picked up RV. There was issue with parts ordered form Heartland all work was not completed. It was another four weeks before the door was finally replaced. At that time, we also mentioned the same slide out that was supposed to been repaired previously had panel delaminating and bubbling on the inside and leaks on entertainment center. The trim was also split. We sent numerous pictures to the manufacturer and also to camping world. In May 2017 after several months of calls to Heartland and camping world the slide out wall and trim was repaired or so we thought.

In January of 2018 we noticed the same slide out that was supposed to have been fixed was either leaking again at the entertainment center or they never fixed as the wood and floor around the entertainment center was wet and swollen slide out was still leaking!! Camping world has refused to pay as they say it is out of warranty they want us to pay for pressure tests and repairs even though it was under warranty when we first reported the leak. Camping World advised us to call Heartland. My husband called to Heartland and spoke with Dustin whom he talked with numerous times and Dustin said that Heartland was paid for the repair work and needs to repair correctly.

We finally got a hold of Camping World, once again we were told to bring in our RV, we dropped it off the 1st of March 2018 -they agreed to do a pressure test. After numerous un-returned calls, we were told by Leslie the service writer that the pressure test showed numerous leaks-1) the front-end cap and lights which camping world replaced earlier 2) leak on slide out-which they repaired paneling and trim twice and 3) leak on window same slide out-probably the cause of previous repairs. In the past they repaired when it was all on warranty but never sought out the cause of the leaks. Now they are saying that being that the warranty is up they will not pay for repair even though it is exactly the same type of problem.

We are at our wits end and have exhausted all measures, I am afraid that we are in a rock and hard place as we owe money on this defective camper and I don’t want further damage to occur. I don’t feel we should pay for repairs because when the problem was first reported the RV was under warranty and evidently, they never sought out the cause of the problem just repaired over it. It seems our RV has spent more time at Camping World then we have been able to spend time enjoying. We have had to cancel numerous reservations to parks. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I just don’t know where else to turn. Fed up and disappointed!

Sincerely,

B.C

Product or Service Mentioned: 2016 Heartland Rvs Mallard Rv.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Poor customer service and repair.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 20.

Comments