Featured Not resolved
1.3

Update by user Nov 03, 2018

My defective RV was purchased at Oakwood, GA. Camping World

Original review posted by user Nov 02, 2018

On 9/23/18 I purchased a brand new 2018 Freedom Elite 22FE from Camping World of Oakwood, GA. I had it less than a month when I discovered massive rust on the undercarriage. It appears this RV was under about 3 ft. of water for an extended period of time.

I drove the RV back to Camping World and met with the General Manager and the Service Manager. We went out to the RV so they could see first hand what my pictures were trying to tell them. They said they would contact Thor, the manufacturer to try to implement warranty work. I waited over a week to hear something...anything. So I contacted Thor myself and uploaded the pictures. The response I got back from the Service Manager at Camping World is that the warranty would not cover rust issues.

Of course, when I tried to get back to the General Manager, he was on vacation for 2 weeks. Camping World was deceptive selling me this defective RV and they should swap it for a new one, or refund everything!

Susan Quarmby

Product or Service Mentioned: 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22Fe Rv.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Lied to and ignored by gm, Lied to ignored by gm.

Comments

That vehicle may have been shipped in from a flood zone. There should be a printed record available if so.

The dealership is in the wrong for selling a defective or damaged product labeled as "new". Your efforts to correct this have come to nil because you politely tried to conduct a productive discussion with these people. You should have documented every locatable defect, placed your complaints in writing, and served the package via Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested. You are way done talking at this point.

Your letter : introduce yourself, basic info (date of purchase, price) list clearly and distinctly the problems you have experienced and the remedy which would satisfy your claim and what you have already attempted (briefly !) to rectify the situation. State that you will allow 10 business days for WRITTEN reply prior to escalation of your claim. Again - be brief, be polite, send a FEW photos of the worst of it (confine your letter to one side of the sheet).

Facts only, no emotion. Then follow through if the reply is unsatisfactory.

to Anonymous #1598217

Thank you for the input and suggestions. We traced the VIN number to a city in Indiana, that coincidentally had a major flood in February of this year.

I have hired an attorney. He wrote a letter stating by law they have 30 days to respond with positive results or they will be turned over to the Attorney General for consumer fraud.

to Anonymous #1602435

"Consumer fraud" is pretty apparent here ; I don't think I'd go straight to the Attorney General of the state since your issue is very specific and could likely be handled by the local court system. Contrary to popular opinion, the Attorney General is not your friend.

There will certainly be a thorough tax record audit of you and your spouse as far back as the law allows before they even read the content of your letter. They will also check the other 49 states' records for unpaid taxes, liens, etc. and turn you directly over to them in the event of any information (right or wrong) uncovered. All you want is recompense for your expense, not a lifelong blacklisting by the chief money collector of the state.

Their excuse for this is "the clean hands theory" that they are not going to help anyone who isn't snow white and up to date with every piddling state requirement. Beware.

Camping World and Thor are both at fault here and neither even have the decency to respond to calls. After reading any person that purchase an RV from Camping World would be considered an idiot.

Same for Thor. Take your money and then slam the door in your face.

Good luck with your lawsuit. I hope they end up paying big time

Donot go to campers world they donot care that about you as a return customer if they did they would fix their terrible service.