I purchased, along with my 90-year-old father, a Thor Challenger Motorhome in April 2015 from Camping World. From the day we purchased the motorhome we have experienced the worst customer service I have ever received. We had two trips in the motorhome when the step broke in September. We were not able to get it repaired before we may a trip in the motorhome in October. We kept waiting for a call from Camping World regarding the part that needed to be replaced but received no calls by January. We brought the motorhome in the end of January and could not believe it took 3 months to repair the step. Keep in mind, the part we were waiting on could have been overnighted at any time. Obviously, when you have the motorhome out of commission for 3 months it's a little hard to know what else is wrong with it because it’s not available to drive.

We got the motorhome back in May and took a trip the end of June for 10 days. During that 10 days, we were not able to use the satellite system, the generator that had only been used twice would not start, and when we got home to clean the motorhome, we could not get the electricity on so we had to clean the motorhome in 95-degree heat.

My Father took the Motorhome in for repair on July 6th, we got the motorhome back last Friday, August 5th. Your service department took a week to run tests (which costs $365.00) and gave us a list of items that came to over 1700 to fix because the warranty ran out in April, while you had the motorhome in to fix the step. We made the decision to only have Camping World fix two adapters and 2 HDM1 cables, but not the items that would have been repaired by warranty had we had the opportunity to drive the coach longer to discover the problems.

Not only was your customer service rep, Nikki House, rude to my Father and Brother-in-law when they brought the coach in, but she pushed the paperwork at my Father to fill out instead of him giving her the information to complete like any exceptional customer service person should have done.

My Father picked up the Motorhome and, wouldn’t you know it, the very step that you fixed over that 3-month period would not retract. My 91-year-old father asked your stellar service person, Nikki House, if someone could help him and was told in her typical rude manner that the step was not on their list to look at so, no, they could not assist him. He worked for 2 ½ hours in the 100-degree heat to get the step up so he could get the coach home.

You have no idea how furious our family is with your inconsiderate staff’s lack of consideration for a client who left their coach for 3 months to fix a *** step and that same step, which was working when you got the coach in July was no longer working and your staff knowingly let him work for 2 ½ hours on that step in the grueling heat. You are just lucky he did not have a heart attack or worst.

I will do everything I can to let any and everyone I know what a racket Camping World is and all your people care about is the bottom line, not their customers’ needs.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "fix the items that the original warranty would have covered" as the author lost $1700. This person is overall dissatisfied with Camping World. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

Cut Off, Louisiana, United States #1237282

Wow!Do they not realize that bad Customer is the worse form of advertising.

Customer service is the what sets you apart from your competition.

I had a boss once that did not believe it.He is short on business!!!!

Cheshire, Connecticut, United States #1196921

thank you ; thank you ; thank you ; we were going to buy a class A there ;;; we will not even consider it now