Kelcy Nas

This review is written by an individual who has purchased the reviewed product/service and/or confirms being a paying customer of this company. Check our FAQ

Verified Buyer

Great customer service

stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full
Camping World - Great customer service

Ordered Dicor coolcoat and Dicor prep to reseal an old RV roof. Customer service has been fantastic, and product arrived quickly. Helen and Amber were great and helped out with all my questions.

View full review
Pros:
  • Customer service

User's recommendation: Online experience has been excellent

1 comment
Darlene W Ctf

You got very lucky.. This was not my experience at all.

Camping World was and is horrible. They screwed my too: . I had been told by the Camping World Store my RV Inverter/Converter 3000 watt may not be working properly. They could not get one that large but did look it up and told me where I could get one.

I picked one up at Home Depot in case that was the issue. I took the RV to camping world after I had just Bought 4 new batteries. The place I bought them from did not work on RV’s so said to have Camping world hook them up. I made an apt with Camping World and let them know that my lights and fan on the inside worked and then did not.

They were going to hook up the batteries, and if the batteries were not the problem, I had the Inverter/Converter there if they needed to change that out. They said the batteries were not the issue, and then they said the Inverter was not working properly. So, they changed that out. They said it was ready to pick up.

So, I had Edria take me there to pick it up. Nothing was working still. I turned it on, and it smelled funny. The batteries started burning.

I shut it off, and they said they fixed it I can take it now. I said no, nothing is still working. I spoke to the manager, and he told me he does not guarantee his installation, I just need to take it and pay for it. I said NO.

I left and said I need this fixed. As we were leaving there was a poster that said ‘If you are not happy, I am not happy’ Call my office 866-232-**** Or Email me at MarcusVIP@***.com. So as I was leaving I was calling this number and left a message. Before I got home I got a call back from them.

I was told they would speak to them and get this fixed. Well after a few days, they said it was ready again. And they charged me another 350. So I went to pick it up and once again it was not working.

This time I was crazy mad. This was ridiculous. The service manager came and walked me through it. He told me that the only problem was the batteries were not charged up.

He said if it does not work this time, he will personally take care of it, and I will not have an issue. After about 30 min, I paid and took the RV. (I also paid extra for them to do a slide out oil on it, because we did not know when that was done last, and they fixed some light and stuff.) I took it to WOF camping and plugged it in for a couple days, nothing. It was still not working.

I called the corporation again and did not get a response from them. But I did get a phone call from Kevin at the local office. He apologies, and said he can see that the paperwork was not done right as to show all the work they did on the RV which should be covered by the company warranty. He said he is the one I will be dealing with, no one knows about it, so only speak to him from now on.

I let him know I had surgery that day, so It would be about a month or so before I can drive again. I contacted him as soon as I was up and around. I then got the run around from him, and he would not correct the paperwork, or the issue. I have many emails to show this.

I took it to Wolf Lodge to show someone the unit, and when I went to slide out the slider, it did not work. It stayed out some, because I did not want to screw it up more, I took it to the local Camping world. I let them know what was going on. They said no problem.

I said once the warranty work is done, then we can talk about anything else that needs done. But first I need this warranty work done before I will agree to any other fees. They said no problem. We had a bad winter, and they called a few times saying they were waiting on a price for parts, then they could not get to the unit.

I spoke to Beth on Monday and was told she would get this done for me. She gave me a price of about 500 or less for extra things they found wrong. I said great, but do not fix anything until the warranty work is complete. She said no problem.

Then my daughter called and was told it was fixed, they took it to camping world in Grain Valley, they fixed their installation error, and it was ready to be picked up. I owed 2000. To pick it up. I texted Beth and asked her what the 2000.

Was for and told her thank you for getting this done so quick. She said no problem and explained why I needed to pay the 2000. I asked for an itemized work order, because that is not what we spoke about earlier that week. She then said Wait..

Let me figure this out. She got back to me and said NO Work had been done on my RV YET. She said Grain Valley will not approve the work. I said let’s call corporate then.

She said she can not, she instructed me to call corporate. I then called corporate and was told Terry in Grain Valley was typing and saying I never even paid my bill in Grain Valley, and she will not cover anything. She also said that Grain Valley does not cover their work, only their parts and because I did not buy the part from them, there is nothing Grain Valley will do. I was pissed.

I have since been getting contacted by this Terri who keeps telling me that Camping world will not fix this installation error. I was also told that I need to pay Kansas City Camping world to fix it, because it is NOW a fire hazzard. So weekly I am trying to get this taken care of, I have an RV that is still at Camping World and not safe to drive because they put in my inverter/converter backwards. This was my response today from Corporate: You know it was either last week or the week before when I was told that my RV was ready for pick up and that it had already been fixed.

It had been taken to the Green valley center and fixed the way it was supposed to be. I was ready to pick it up. I have no problem picking up my RV when it’s done and safe to drive Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 1:12 PM, Darlene wrote: Still pissed off and now being pushed to pick up and pay for my RV not working and a fire hazard!! Darlene wright 408-338-**** Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 12:21 PM, Terri Bartlett wrote: Dear Darlene, I am sorry but at this time we have exhausted all efforts on your customer service ticket.

We have worked very closely with our regional team and multiple service directors and have all come to an agreement that there is nothing else we can do for you at this time. The bill must be satisfied and this unit picked up by Friday May 10 or we will begin charging storage fees. Thanks so much and have a nice day. Terri Bartlett Regional Customer Service Manager Office: (844) 632-**** Ext 2548 Terri.bartlett@***.com Like us on Facebook https://***/ Like us on Facebook!

This is NOT a bill issue.

This is a safety issue and you put my inverter backwards which is now a fire hazard. Plus, many other items could have been damaged due to this error on your part!

Glayds Dif
map-marker Newburgh, New York

Unhappy with follow on service

stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full

We bought a small motor home in Hamburg, PA in late fall, 2023. In reading the manuals over the winter.

We found the matress is 5 inches longer ger than the camper layout allows. So, we have the bare minimum of space to squeeze thru to going around-the-clock to the other side of the bed. Difficult and dangerous as it can cause a nasty fall in the middle of the night. I am 71 and can't afford to take a nasty fall at all.

We are trying to negotiate a matress that is the right size.

However it's gotten to the point where the manager, Tony I believe, won't even answer our calls.

When we bought the motor home we also noticed the television was smaller than advertised, but we let that one go.

So, my advice to anyone buying a used RV or one on consignment to go over it with a fine tooth comb and DON't, i repeat DON'T take it for granted that the salesmen will be totally upfront.

Check the manuals before you sign anything. Most important, don't expect them to help you replace an item that is not the right configuration.

View full review

User's recommendation: Think twice before you buy from Camping World. I can see by past ratings they have a bad reputation.

1 comment
Darlene W Ctf

They screwed my too: . I had been told by the Camping World Store my RV Inverter/Converter 3000 watt may not be working properly.

They could not get one that large but did look it up and told me where I could get one. I picked one up at Home Depot in case that was the issue. I took the RV to camping world after I had just Bought 4 new batteries. The place I bought them from did not work on RV’s so said to have Camping world hook them up.

I made an apt with Camping World and let them know that my lights and fan on the inside worked and then did not. They were going to hook up the batteries, and if the batteries were not the problem, I had the Inverter/Converter there if they needed to change that out. They said the batteries were not the issue, and then they said the Inverter was not working properly. So, they changed that out.

They said it was ready to pick up. So, I had Edria take me there to pick it up. Nothing was working still. I turned it on, and it smelled funny.

The batteries started burning. I shut it off, and they said they fixed it I can take it now. I said no, nothing is still working. I spoke to the manager, and he told me he does not guarantee his installation, I just need to take it and pay for it.

I said NO. I left and said I need this fixed. As we were leaving there was a poster that said ‘If you are not happy, I am not happy’ Call my office 866-232-**** Or Email me at MarcusVIP@***.com. So as I was leaving I was calling this number and left a message.

Before I got home I got a call back from them. I was told they would speak to them and get this fixed. Well after a few days, they said it was ready again. And they charged me another 350.

So I went to pick it up and once again it was not working. This time I was crazy mad. This was ridiculous. The service manager came and walked me through it.

He told me that the only problem was the batteries were not charged up. He said if it does not work this time, he will personally take care of it, and I will not have an issue. After about 30 min, I paid and took the RV. (I also paid extra for them to do a slide out oil on it, because we did not know when that was done last, and they fixed some light and stuff.) I took it to WOF camping and plugged it in for a couple days, nothing.

It was still not working. I called the corporation again and did not get a response from them. But I did get a phone call from Kevin at the local office. He apologies, and said he can see that the paperwork was not done right as to show all the work they did on the RV which should be covered by the company warranty.

He said he is the one I will be dealing with, no one knows about it, so only speak to him from now on. I let him know I had surgery that day, so It would be about a month or so before I can drive again. I contacted him as soon as I was up and around. I then got the run around from him, and he would not correct the paperwork, or the issue.

I have many emails to show this. I took it to Wolf Lodge to show someone the unit, and when I went to slide out the slider, it did not work. It stayed out some, because I did not want to screw it up more, I took it to the local Camping world. I let them know what was going on.

They said no problem. I said once the warranty work is done, then we can talk about anything else that needs done. But first I need this warranty work done before I will agree to any other fees. They said no problem.

We had a bad winter, and they called a few times saying they were waiting on a price for parts, then they could not get to the unit. I spoke to Beth on Monday and was told she would get this done for me. She gave me a price of about 500 or less for extra things they found wrong. I said great, but do not fix anything until the warranty work is complete.

She said no problem. Then my daughter called and was told it was fixed, they took it to camping world in Grain Valley, they fixed their installation error, and it was ready to be picked up. I owed 2000. To pick it up.

I texted Beth and asked her what the 2000. Was for and told her thank you for getting this done so quick. She said no problem and explained why I needed to pay the 2000. I asked for an itemized work order, because that is not what we spoke about earlier that week.

She then said Wait.. Let me figure this out. She got back to me and said NO Work had been done on my RV YET. She said Grain Valley will not approve the work.

I said let’s call corporate then. She said she can not, she instructed me to call corporate. I then called corporate and was told Terry in Grain Valley was typing and saying I never even paid my bill in Grain Valley, and she will not cover anything. She also said that Grain Valley does not cover their work, only their parts and because I did not buy the part from them, there is nothing Grain Valley will do.

I was pissed. I have since been getting contacted by this Terri who keeps telling me that Camping world will not fix this installation error. I was also told that I need to pay Kansas City Camping world to fix it, because it is NOW a fire hazzard. So weekly I am trying to get this taken care of, I have an RV that is still at Camping World and not safe to drive because they put in my inverter/converter backwards.

This was my response today from Corporate: You know it was either last week or the week before when I was told that my RV was ready for pick up and that it had already been fixed. It had been taken to the Green valley center and fixed the way it was supposed to be. I was ready to pick it up. I have no problem picking up my RV when it’s done and safe to drive Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 1:12 PM, Darlene wrote: Still pissed off and now being pushed to pick up and pay for my RV not working and a fire hazard!!

Darlene wright 408-338-**** Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 12:21 PM, Terri Bartlett wrote: Dear Darlene, I am sorry but at this time we have exhausted all efforts on your customer service ticket. We have worked very closely with our regional team and multiple service directors and have all come to an agreement that there is nothing else we can do for you at this time. The bill must be satisfied and this unit picked up by Friday May 10 or we will begin charging storage fees. Thanks so much and have a nice day.

Terri Bartlett Regional Customer Service Manager Office: (844) 632-**** Ext 2548 Terri.bartlett@***.com Like us on Facebook https://***/ Like us on Facebook! This is NOT a bill issue.

This is a safety issue and you put my inverter backwards which is now a fire hazard. Plus, many other items could have been damaged due to this error on your part!

Michael S Uxj
map-marker Sioux Falls, South Dakota

I sold my RV back to them for a huge loss, they have yet to pay me.

stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full
I sold my RV outright to Camping World in Chelsea MI. I took a tremendous loss getting only for 40% of what a paid to them for a new RV 2 years prior. I was told that I would get a check the next day... then the day following... then the day following that, then the day following that. That was 5 days ago. The General Manager told me he would call me back today with more details and that he wouldn't lie. I still have yet to receive his call... I am thinking of calling the police for RV theft.
View full review
Loss:
$16
Pros:
  • No pros
Cons:
  • Everything about them

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: All RV outfitters should be scrutinized, but this is the worst one.

Russell H Bqm

This review is written by an individual who has purchased the reviewed product/service and/or confirms being a paying customer of this company. Check our FAQ

Verified Buyer
|

This review is from a real person who provided valid contact information and hasn't been caught misusing, spamming or abusing our website. Check our FAQ

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Berkeley, Virginia

Astonishingly Rotten Customer Service

stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full
Camping World - Astonishingly Rotten Customer Service
Updated by user Oct 10, 2023

Amber Mackey from Camping World finally sent me an email, stating that they were "apologizing for what you feel was our lack of customer service in our dealings." This is a narcissistic non-apology issued by Mackey, the "Regional Resolution Director." She apparently doesn't know how to achieve resolution.

Updated by user Sep 11, 2023

Absolutely not, and I will spread constant word-of-mouth that no one should do business with this company, particularly at the Thornburg location.

Original review Sep 10, 2023
LIARS, SCAMMERS, TOXIC and ROTTEN customer service here. We purchased an RV on April 29, 2023 for $77,132.50 CASH.

We were never told there was still a lien against the vehicle. Instead, we were told directly by Michelle Hyman that the title was free and clear and that we would receive it within a week. After completing the paperwork and leaving with the vehicle, I called Connie Tuite a week later to inquire about the title. She informed me that the document was in another office and that she would mail it to me the following day.

After another week went by and I had not received it, I called and talked to Michelle Hyman, who told me that the reason the title hadn't been mailed to me was because there was a lien against the vehicle. Gravely concerned as I was blatantly lied to by the very same person about the status of the title, I called Connie Tuite and informed her that sales associate Michelle stated that there was a lien against the vehicle and so no title would be forthcoming to me. Connie said blatantly that "Michelle is full of $%^& and doesn't know what she's talking about," taking a strong stance against her co-worker, and insisted she was just delayed in her work and would get the title to me "soon." However, during a follow-up call, Connie then begrudgingly admitted that there was indeed a lien against the vehicle. Camping World used our funds to payoff the lien about a week or ten days after the sale, without ever telling us anything about this situation.
After finally admitting the truth, Connie indicated that she would overnight a plate and registration to me while I waited for the previous owner's bank to release the lien, at which time Connie indicated that she would have the title sent to me.

After several promises regarding communication about this issue were broken, I called and talked to Keith, a sales manager. I explained the situation to him and how concerned I was about the behavior of Camping World employees. I asked specifically to speak to the General Manager of the dealer, Gavin Lutz. Keith told me that Gavin was on vacation, but that he guaranteed that he would have Gavin call me as soon as he was back.

That call never happened and as of today, August 18, I have never been contacted by the responsible party for this dealership.
Months went by with no communication from Camping World. Co-owner of this vehicle called Connie Tuite on August 16. I monitored this call. Connie became irate when Jackie informed her that Camping World had not followed through on its legal obligations to us.

Connie insisted that she had titled the vehicle properly in the name of someone named "Joe," even asking Jackie if that is her husband. We have no idea who this person is. As Jackie was trying to clarify Connie's position that her responsibilities were done, Connie hung up abruptly on Jackie. I immediately called and asked to speak to Gavin Lutz, but was told he was not available and so again was put on the phone with Keith, the sales manager.

When I informed Keith that we were preparing to file various complaints on this issue, he flatly stated that if we filed complaints or took any negative action against them that they would cease all communications with us. He then again guaranteed me that he would have Gavin return my call on August 17. That call never happened.
I would have never purchased any vehicle without a clear title. Camping World representatives lied about this, tried to cover up the issue, have changed the dates of the sale, and have violated the 30-day timeframe in which they are required to provide proper documentation.

It has now been approximately 4 months and we do not have a title for this vehicle despite being assured of a clean title and paying $77k cash. DISGUSTING, this business needs criminal charges and to be shut down.
View full review
Pros:
  • Corporate structure lets customers think there is accountability
Cons:
  • Zero accountability

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM HERE

3 comments
Darlene W Ctf

They screwed my too: . I had been told by the Camping World Store my RV Inverter/Converter 3000 watt may not be working properly.

They could not get one that large but did look it up and told me where I could get one. I picked one up at Home Depot in case that was the issue. I took the RV to camping world after I had just Bought 4 new batteries. The place I bought them from did not work on RV’s so said to have Camping world hook them up.

I made an apt with Camping World and let them know that my lights and fan on the inside worked and then did not. They were going to hook up the batteries, and if the batteries were not the problem, I had the Inverter/Converter there if they needed to change that out. They said the batteries were not the issue, and then they said the Inverter was not working properly. So, they changed that out.

They said it was ready to pick up. So, I had Edria take me there to pick it up. Nothing was working still. I turned it on, and it smelled funny.

The batteries started burning. I shut it off, and they said they fixed it I can take it now. I said no, nothing is still working. I spoke to the manager, and he told me he does not guarantee his installation, I just need to take it and pay for it.

I said NO. I left and said I need this fixed. As we were leaving there was a poster that said ‘If you are not happy, I am not happy’ Call my office 866-232-**** Or Email me at MarcusVIP@***.com. So as I was leaving I was calling this number and left a message.

Before I got home I got a call back from them. I was told they would speak to them and get this fixed. Well after a few days, they said it was ready again. And they charged me another 350.

So I went to pick it up and once again it was not working. This time I was crazy mad. This was ridiculous. The service manager came and walked me through it.

He told me that the only problem was the batteries were not charged up. He said if it does not work this time, he will personally take care of it, and I will not have an issue. After about 30 min, I paid and took the RV. (I also paid extra for them to do a slide out oil on it, because we did not know when that was done last, and they fixed some light and stuff.) I took it to WOF camping and plugged it in for a couple days, nothing.

It was still not working. I called the corporation again and did not get a response from them. But I did get a phone call from Kevin at the local office. He apologies, and said he can see that the paperwork was not done right as to show all the work they did on the RV which should be covered by the company warranty.

He said he is the one I will be dealing with, no one knows about it, so only speak to him from now on. I let him know I had surgery that day, so It would be about a month or so before I can drive again. I contacted him as soon as I was up and around. I then got the run around from him, and he would not correct the paperwork, or the issue.

I have many emails to show this. I took it to Wolf Lodge to show someone the unit, and when I went to slide out the slider, it did not work. It stayed out some, because I did not want to screw it up more, I took it to the local Camping world. I let them know what was going on.

They said no problem. I said once the warranty work is done, then we can talk about anything else that needs done. But first I need this warranty work done before I will agree to any other fees. They said no problem.

We had a bad winter, and they called a few times saying they were waiting on a price for parts, then they could not get to the unit. I spoke to Beth on Monday and was told she would get this done for me. She gave me a price of about 500 or less for extra things they found wrong. I said great, but do not fix anything until the warranty work is complete.

She said no problem. Then my daughter called and was told it was fixed, they took it to camping world in Grain Valley, they fixed their installation error, and it was ready to be picked up. I owed 2000. To pick it up.

I texted Beth and asked her what the 2000. Was for and told her thank you for getting this done so quick. She said no problem and explained why I needed to pay the 2000. I asked for an itemized work order, because that is not what we spoke about earlier that week.

She then said Wait.. Let me figure this out. She got back to me and said NO Work had been done on my RV YET. She said Grain Valley will not approve the work.

I said let’s call corporate then. She said she can not, she instructed me to call corporate. I then called corporate and was told Terry in Grain Valley was typing and saying I never even paid my bill in Grain Valley, and she will not cover anything. She also said that Grain Valley does not cover their work, only their parts and because I did not buy the part from them, there is nothing Grain Valley will do.

I was pissed. I have since been getting contacted by this Terri who keeps telling me that Camping world will not fix this installation error. I was also told that I need to pay Kansas City Camping world to fix it, because it is NOW a fire hazzard. So weekly I am trying to get this taken care of, I have an RV that is still at Camping World and not safe to drive because they put in my inverter/converter backwards.

This was my response today from Corporate: You know it was either last week or the week before when I was told that my RV was ready for pick up and that it had already been fixed. It had been taken to the Green valley center and fixed the way it was supposed to be. I was ready to pick it up. I have no problem picking up my RV when it’s done and safe to drive Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 1:12 PM, Darlene wrote: Still pissed off and now being pushed to pick up and pay for my RV not working and a fire hazard!!

Darlene wright 408-338-**** Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 12:21 PM, Terri Bartlett wrote: Dear Darlene, I am sorry but at this time we have exhausted all efforts on your customer service ticket. We have worked very closely with our regional team and multiple service directors and have all come to an agreement that there is nothing else we can do for you at this time. The bill must be satisfied and this unit picked up by Friday May 10 or we will begin charging storage fees. Thanks so much and have a nice day.

Terri Bartlett Regional Customer Service Manager Office: (844) 632-**** Ext 2548 Terri.bartlett@***.com Like us on Facebook https://***/ Like us on Facebook! This is NOT a bill issue.

This is a safety issue and you put my inverter backwards which is now a fire hazard. Plus, many other items could have been damaged due to this error on your part!

Darlene W Ctf

They screwed my too: . I had been told by the Camping World Store my RV Inverter/Converter 3000 watt may not be working properly.

They could not get one that large but did look it up and told me where I could get one. I picked one up at Home Depot in case that was the issue. I took the RV to camping world after I had just Bought 4 new batteries. The place I bought them from did not work on RV’s so said to have Camping world hook them up.

I made an apt with Camping World and let them know that my lights and fan on the inside worked and then did not. They were going to hook up the batteries, and if the batteries were not the problem, I had the Inverter/Converter there if they needed to change that out. They said the batteries were not the issue, and then they said the Inverter was not working properly. So, they changed that out.

They said it was ready to pick up. So, I had Edria take me there to pick it up. Nothing was working still. I turned it on, and it smelled funny.

The batteries started burning. I shut it off, and they said they fixed it I can take it now. I said no, nothing is still working. I spoke to the manager, and he told me he does not guarantee his installation, I just need to take it and pay for it.

I said NO. I left and said I need this fixed. As we were leaving there was a poster that said ‘If you are not happy, I am not happy’ Call my office 866-232-**** Or Email me at MarcusVIP@***.com. So as I was leaving I was calling this number and left a message.

Before I got home I got a call back from them. I was told they would speak to them and get this fixed. Well after a few days, they said it was ready again. And they charged me another 350.

So I went to pick it up and once again it was not working. This time I was crazy mad. This was ridiculous. The service manager came and walked me through it.

He told me that the only problem was the batteries were not charged up. He said if it does not work this time, he will personally take care of it, and I will not have an issue. After about 30 min, I paid and took the RV. (I also paid extra for them to do a slide out oil on it, because we did not know when that was done last, and they fixed some light and stuff.) I took it to WOF camping and plugged it in for a couple days, nothing.

It was still not working. I called the corporation again and did not get a response from them. But I did get a phone call from Kevin at the local office. He apologies, and said he can see that the paperwork was not done right as to show all the work they did on the RV which should be covered by the company warranty.

He said he is the one I will be dealing with, no one knows about it, so only speak to him from now on. I let him know I had surgery that day, so It would be about a month or so before I can drive again. I contacted him as soon as I was up and around. I then got the run around from him, and he would not correct the paperwork, or the issue.

I have many emails to show this. I took it to Wolf Lodge to show someone the unit, and when I went to slide out the slider, it did not work. It stayed out some, because I did not want to screw it up more, I took it to the local Camping world. I let them know what was going on.

They said no problem. I said once the warranty work is done, then we can talk about anything else that needs done. But first I need this warranty work done before I will agree to any other fees. They said no problem.

We had a bad winter, and they called a few times saying they were waiting on a price for parts, then they could not get to the unit. I spoke to Beth on Monday and was told she would get this done for me. She gave me a price of about 500 or less for extra things they found wrong. I said great, but do not fix anything until the warranty work is complete.

She said no problem. Then my daughter called and was told it was fixed, they took it to camping world in Grain Valley, they fixed their installation error, and it was ready to be picked up. I owed 2000. To pick it up.

I texted Beth and asked her what the 2000. Was for and told her thank you for getting this done so quick. She said no problem and explained why I needed to pay the 2000. I asked for an itemized work order, because that is not what we spoke about earlier that week.

She then said Wait.. Let me figure this out. She got back to me and said NO Work had been done on my RV YET. She said Grain Valley will not approve the work.

I said let’s call corporate then. She said she can not, she instructed me to call corporate. I then called corporate and was told Terry in Grain Valley was typing and saying I never even paid my bill in Grain Valley, and she will not cover anything. She also said that Grain Valley does not cover their work, only their parts and because I did not buy the part from them, there is nothing Grain Valley will do.

I was pissed. I have since been getting contacted by this Terri who keeps telling me that Camping world will not fix this installation error. I was also told that I need to pay Kansas City Camping world to fix it, because it is NOW a fire hazzard. So weekly I am trying to get this taken care of, I have an RV that is still at Camping World and not safe to drive because they put in my inverter/converter backwards.

This was my response today from Corporate: You know it was either last week or the week before when I was told that my RV was ready for pick up and that it had already been fixed. It had been taken to the Green valley center and fixed the way it was supposed to be. I was ready to pick it up. I have no problem picking up my RV when it’s done and safe to drive Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 1:12 PM, Darlene wrote: Still pissed off and now being pushed to pick up and pay for my RV not working and a fire hazard!!

Darlene wright 408-338-**** Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 12:21 PM, Terri Bartlett wrote: Dear Darlene, I am sorry but at this time we have exhausted all efforts on your customer service ticket. We have worked very closely with our regional team and multiple service directors and have all come to an agreement that there is nothing else we can do for you at this time. The bill must be satisfied and this unit picked up by Friday May 10 or we will begin charging storage fees. Thanks so much and have a nice day.

Terri Bartlett Regional Customer Service Manager Office: (844) 632-**** Ext 2548 Terri.bartlett@***.com Like us on Facebook https://***/ Like us on Facebook! This is NOT a bill issue.

This is a safety issue and you put my inverter backwards which is now a fire hazard. Plus, many other items could have been damaged due to this error on your part!

Guest

Keep spreading the world as they will continue to try and take over the entire RV industry,

View more comments (2)
Darlene W Uop
map-marker Grain Valley, Missouri

Electrical Part hooked up NOT to code and backwards.

stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full

They put my inverter/converter in backwards. The on is the off and vice versa.

This is causing the RV not to work properly. This was GRAIN VALLEY MO. I took it into the Kansas City KS service center to get it fixed because that was the closest to me. I am being charged 1600.00 for them to tell me that Grain Valley will not cover their work, and I would need to repay Kansas City for them to but the unit in correctly this time.

If I do not have them do the work, I only own them 1600.00 for diagnosis fees.

This is crazy, DO NOT Go To Camping World. This has been a horrible experience, that I am still in the middle of.

View full review
Cons:
  • Horrible service

Preferred solution: I would like my inverter/converter put in properly like I paid for. I would like slide out repaired, since they messed it up. I paid money for a job done. and It is still not done. I should not own anything, and I should have a working RV.

User's recommendation: Avoid using Camping World, This has been a horrible experience, and I am still in it.

1 comment
Darlene W Ctf

UPDATE::: Corporate is not going to do anything!! They screwed my too: .

I had been told by the Camping World Store my RV Inverter/Converter 3000 watt may not be working properly. They could not get one that large but did look it up and told me where I could get one. I picked one up at Home Depot in case that was the issue. I took the RV to camping world after I had just Bought 4 new batteries.

The place I bought them from did not work on RV’s so said to have Camping world hook them up. I made an apt with Camping World and let them know that my lights and fan on the inside worked and then did not. They were going to hook up the batteries, and if the batteries were not the problem, I had the Inverter/Converter there if they needed to change that out. They said the batteries were not the issue, and then they said the Inverter was not working properly.

So, they changed that out. They said it was ready to pick up. So, I had Edria take me there to pick it up. Nothing was working still.

I turned it on, and it smelled funny. The batteries started burning. I shut it off, and they said they fixed it I can take it now. I said no, nothing is still working.

I spoke to the manager, and he told me he does not guarantee his installation, I just need to take it and pay for it. I said NO. I left and said I need this fixed. As we were leaving there was a poster that said ‘If you are not happy, I am not happy’ Call my office 866-232-**** Or Email me at MarcusVIP@***.com.

So as I was leaving I was calling this number and left a message. Before I got home I got a call back from them. I was told they would speak to them and get this fixed. Well after a few days, they said it was ready again.

And they charged me another 350. So I went to pick it up and once again it was not working. This time I was crazy mad. This was ridiculous.

The service manager came and walked me through it. He told me that the only problem was the batteries were not charged up. He said if it does not work this time, he will personally take care of it, and I will not have an issue. After about 30 min, I paid and took the RV.

(I also paid extra for them to do a slide out oil on it, because we did not know when that was done last, and they fixed some light and stuff.) I took it to WOF camping and plugged it in for a couple days, nothing. It was still not working. I called the corporation again and did not get a response from them. But I did get a phone call from Kevin at the local office.

He apologies, and said he can see that the paperwork was not done right as to show all the work they did on the RV which should be covered by the company warranty. He said he is the one I will be dealing with, no one knows about it, so only speak to him from now on. I let him know I had surgery that day, so It would be about a month or so before I can drive again. I contacted him as soon as I was up and around.

I then got the run around from him, and he would not correct the paperwork, or the issue. I have many emails to show this. I took it to Wolf Lodge to show someone the unit, and when I went to slide out the slider, it did not work. It stayed out some, because I did not want to screw it up more, I took it to the local Camping world.

I let them know what was going on. They said no problem. I said once the warranty work is done, then we can talk about anything else that needs done. But first I need this warranty work done before I will agree to any other fees.

They said no problem. We had a bad winter, and they called a few times saying they were waiting on a price for parts, then they could not get to the unit. I spoke to Beth on Monday and was told she would get this done for me. She gave me a price of about 500 or less for extra things they found wrong.

I said great, but do not fix anything until the warranty work is complete. She said no problem. Then my daughter called and was told it was fixed, they took it to camping world in Grain Valley, they fixed their installation error, and it was ready to be picked up. I owed 2000.

To pick it up. I texted Beth and asked her what the 2000. Was for and told her thank you for getting this done so quick. She said no problem and explained why I needed to pay the 2000.

I asked for an itemized work order, because that is not what we spoke about earlier that week. She then said Wait.. Let me figure this out. She got back to me and said NO Work had been done on my RV YET.

She said Grain Valley will not approve the work. I said let’s call corporate then. She said she can not, she instructed me to call corporate. I then called corporate and was told Terry in Grain Valley was typing and saying I never even paid my bill in Grain Valley, and she will not cover anything.

She also said that Grain Valley does not cover their work, only their parts and because I did not buy the part from them, there is nothing Grain Valley will do. I was pissed. I have since been getting contacted by this Terri who keeps telling me that Camping world will not fix this installation error. I was also told that I need to pay Kansas City Camping world to fix it, because it is NOW a fire hazzard.

So weekly I am trying to get this taken care of, I have an RV that is still at Camping World and not safe to drive because they put in my inverter/converter backwards. This was my response today from Corporate: You know it was either last week or the week before when I was told that my RV was ready for pick up and that it had already been fixed. It had been taken to the Green valley center and fixed the way it was supposed to be. I was ready to pick it up.

I have no problem picking up my RV when it’s done and safe to drive Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 1:12 PM, Darlene wrote: Still pissed off and now being pushed to pick up and pay for my RV not working and a fire hazard!! Darlene wright 408-338-**** Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 12:21 PM, Terri Bartlett wrote: Dear Darlene, I am sorry but at this time we have exhausted all efforts on your customer service ticket. We have worked very closely with our regional team and multiple service directors and have all come to an agreement that there is nothing else we can do for you at this time. The bill must be satisfied and this unit picked up by Friday May 10 or we will begin charging storage fees.

Thanks so much and have a nice day. Terri Bartlett Regional Customer Service Manager Office: (844) 632-**** Ext 2548 Terri.bartlett@***.com Like us on Facebook https://***/ Like us on Facebook! This is NOT a bill issue.

This is a safety issue and you put my inverter backwards which is now a fire hazard. Plus, many other items could have been damaged due to this error on your part!

Tyrone H Nkh

This review is from a real person who provided valid contact information and hasn't been caught misusing, spamming or abusing our website. Check our FAQ

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Lemon vehicle

stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full

This unit looked like a used unit

Screws missing broken bed frame

Refrigerator doesnt work

Its supposed to be a new 2023 thor scope 18a

They sold my girlfriend a used unit I picked up the unit I paid 400 to fly from Seattle to Pasco Washington a lot person drove it to airport had me the keys

They never cleaned or detailed this unit and as far as the walk through the salesman son had a football game so he couldnt make himself available. I could have stayed overnight at a hotel and had made them look over this vehicle we would have never bought it because this vehicle has issues they didnt disclose this on the paperwork.

Simply a money grab. We are going to file a complaint to Washington Attorney General office because Camping World at this location has the worst customer service and Thor in the country. Men make sure you go directly with your wife and girlfriend and talk directly and dont buy without going to the dealership and see what youre buying.

Worst experience correction second worst experience with Camping World. Hopefully enough people will complain and they go out of business because they have worthless sales and management at various locations.

View full review

User's recommendation: Don’t buy from this dealership

Berenis Kwf

This review is from a real person who provided valid contact information and hasn't been caught misusing, spamming or abusing our website. Check our FAQ

Verified Reviewer

Horrible company!!

stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full

Bought a new camper 6 months ago. Problems stated on day two.

Water poured in from rain, two water leaks under the sink, water heater leaked twice. Trim falling down, ac vent broke, awning broke do to crushed wiring, flooring ripped form the side out.

Bad customer service. Takes forever to get fixed

View full review

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: I wouldn't recommend Camping World

2 comments
Darlene W Ctf

They screwed my too: . I had been told by the Camping World Store my RV Inverter/Converter 3000 watt may not be working properly.

They could not get one that large but did look it up and told me where I could get one. I picked one up at Home Depot in case that was the issue. I took the RV to camping world after I had just Bought 4 new batteries. The place I bought them from did not work on RV’s so said to have Camping world hook them up.

I made an apt with Camping World and let them know that my lights and fan on the inside worked and then did not. They were going to hook up the batteries, and if the batteries were not the problem, I had the Inverter/Converter there if they needed to change that out. They said the batteries were not the issue, and then they said the Inverter was not working properly. So, they changed that out.

They said it was ready to pick up. So, I had Edria take me there to pick it up. Nothing was working still. I turned it on, and it smelled funny.

The batteries started burning. I shut it off, and they said they fixed it I can take it now. I said no, nothing is still working. I spoke to the manager, and he told me he does not guarantee his installation, I just need to take it and pay for it.

I said NO. I left and said I need this fixed. As we were leaving there was a poster that said ‘If you are not happy, I am not happy’ Call my office 866-232-**** Or Email me at MarcusVIP@***.com. So as I was leaving I was calling this number and left a message.

Before I got home I got a call back from them. I was told they would speak to them and get this fixed. Well after a few days, they said it was ready again. And they charged me another 350.

So I went to pick it up and once again it was not working. This time I was crazy mad. This was ridiculous. The service manager came and walked me through it.

He told me that the only problem was the batteries were not charged up. He said if it does not work this time, he will personally take care of it, and I will not have an issue. After about 30 min, I paid and took the RV. (I also paid extra for them to do a slide out oil on it, because we did not know when that was done last, and they fixed some light and stuff.) I took it to WOF camping and plugged it in for a couple days, nothing.

It was still not working. I called the corporation again and did not get a response from them. But I did get a phone call from Kevin at the local office. He apologies, and said he can see that the paperwork was not done right as to show all the work they did on the RV which should be covered by the company warranty.

He said he is the one I will be dealing with, no one knows about it, so only speak to him from now on. I let him know I had surgery that day, so It would be about a month or so before I can drive again. I contacted him as soon as I was up and around. I then got the run around from him, and he would not correct the paperwork, or the issue.

I have many emails to show this. I took it to Wolf Lodge to show someone the unit, and when I went to slide out the slider, it did not work. It stayed out some, because I did not want to screw it up more, I took it to the local Camping world. I let them know what was going on.

They said no problem. I said once the warranty work is done, then we can talk about anything else that needs done. But first I need this warranty work done before I will agree to any other fees. They said no problem.

We had a bad winter, and they called a few times saying they were waiting on a price for parts, then they could not get to the unit. I spoke to Beth on Monday and was told she would get this done for me. She gave me a price of about 500 or less for extra things they found wrong. I said great, but do not fix anything until the warranty work is complete.

She said no problem. Then my daughter called and was told it was fixed, they took it to camping world in Grain Valley, they fixed their installation error, and it was ready to be picked up. I owed 2000. To pick it up.

I texted Beth and asked her what the 2000. Was for and told her thank you for getting this done so quick. She said no problem and explained why I needed to pay the 2000. I asked for an itemized work order, because that is not what we spoke about earlier that week.

She then said Wait.. Let me figure this out. She got back to me and said NO Work had been done on my RV YET. She said Grain Valley will not approve the work.

I said let’s call corporate then. She said she can not, she instructed me to call corporate. I then called corporate and was told Terry in Grain Valley was typing and saying I never even paid my bill in Grain Valley, and she will not cover anything. She also said that Grain Valley does not cover their work, only their parts and because I did not buy the part from them, there is nothing Grain Valley will do.

I was pissed. I have since been getting contacted by this Terri who keeps telling me that Camping world will not fix this installation error. I was also told that I need to pay Kansas City Camping world to fix it, because it is NOW a fire hazzard. So weekly I am trying to get this taken care of, I have an RV that is still at Camping World and not safe to drive because they put in my inverter/converter backwards.

This was my response today from Corporate: You know it was either last week or the week before when I was told that my RV was ready for pick up and that it had already been fixed. It had been taken to the Green valley center and fixed the way it was supposed to be. I was ready to pick it up. I have no problem picking up my RV when it’s done and safe to drive Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 1:12 PM, Darlene wrote: Still pissed off and now being pushed to pick up and pay for my RV not working and a fire hazard!!

Darlene wright 408-338-**** Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 12:21 PM, Terri Bartlett wrote: Dear Darlene, I am sorry but at this time we have exhausted all efforts on your customer service ticket. We have worked very closely with our regional team and multiple service directors and have all come to an agreement that there is nothing else we can do for you at this time. The bill must be satisfied and this unit picked up by Friday May 10 or we will begin charging storage fees. Thanks so much and have a nice day.

Terri Bartlett Regional Customer Service Manager Office: (844) 632-**** Ext 2548 Terri.bartlett@***.com Like us on Facebook https://***/ Like us on Facebook! This is NOT a bill issue.

This is a safety issue and you put my inverter backwards which is now a fire hazard. Plus, many other items could have been damaged due to this error on your part!

Darlene W Ctf

They screwed my too: . I had been told by the Camping World Store my RV Inverter/Converter 3000 watt may not be working properly.

They could not get one that large but did look it up and told me where I could get one. I picked one up at Home Depot in case that was the issue. I took the RV to camping world after I had just Bought 4 new batteries. The place I bought them from did not work on RV’s so said to have Camping world hook them up.

I made an apt with Camping World and let them know that my lights and fan on the inside worked and then did not. They were going to hook up the batteries, and if the batteries were not the problem, I had the Inverter/Converter there if they needed to change that out. They said the batteries were not the issue, and then they said the Inverter was not working properly. So, they changed that out.

They said it was ready to pick up. So, I had Edria take me there to pick it up. Nothing was working still. I turned it on, and it smelled funny.

The batteries started burning. I shut it off, and they said they fixed it I can take it now. I said no, nothing is still working. I spoke to the manager, and he told me he does not guarantee his installation, I just need to take it and pay for it.

I said NO. I left and said I need this fixed. As we were leaving there was a poster that said ‘If you are not happy, I am not happy’ Call my office 866-232-**** Or Email me at MarcusVIP@***.com. So as I was leaving I was calling this number and left a message.

Before I got home I got a call back from them. I was told they would speak to them and get this fixed. Well after a few days, they said it was ready again. And they charged me another 350.

So I went to pick it up and once again it was not working. This time I was crazy mad. This was ridiculous. The service manager came and walked me through it.

He told me that the only problem was the batteries were not charged up. He said if it does not work this time, he will personally take care of it, and I will not have an issue. After about 30 min, I paid and took the RV. (I also paid extra for them to do a slide out oil on it, because we did not know when that was done last, and they fixed some light and stuff.) I took it to WOF camping and plugged it in for a couple days, nothing.

It was still not working. I called the corporation again and did not get a response from them. But I did get a phone call from Kevin at the local office. He apologies, and said he can see that the paperwork was not done right as to show all the work they did on the RV which should be covered by the company warranty.

He said he is the one I will be dealing with, no one knows about it, so only speak to him from now on. I let him know I had surgery that day, so It would be about a month or so before I can drive again. I contacted him as soon as I was up and around. I then got the run around from him, and he would not correct the paperwork, or the issue.

I have many emails to show this. I took it to Wolf Lodge to show someone the unit, and when I went to slide out the slider, it did not work. It stayed out some, because I did not want to screw it up more, I took it to the local Camping world. I let them know what was going on.

They said no problem. I said once the warranty work is done, then we can talk about anything else that needs done. But first I need this warranty work done before I will agree to any other fees. They said no problem.

We had a bad winter, and they called a few times saying they were waiting on a price for parts, then they could not get to the unit. I spoke to Beth on Monday and was told she would get this done for me. She gave me a price of about 500 or less for extra things they found wrong. I said great, but do not fix anything until the warranty work is complete.

She said no problem. Then my daughter called and was told it was fixed, they took it to camping world in Grain Valley, they fixed their installation error, and it was ready to be picked up. I owed 2000. To pick it up.

I texted Beth and asked her what the 2000. Was for and told her thank you for getting this done so quick. She said no problem and explained why I needed to pay the 2000. I asked for an itemized work order, because that is not what we spoke about earlier that week.

She then said Wait.. Let me figure this out. She got back to me and said NO Work had been done on my RV YET. She said Grain Valley will not approve the work.

I said let’s call corporate then. She said she can not, she instructed me to call corporate. I then called corporate and was told Terry in Grain Valley was typing and saying I never even paid my bill in Grain Valley, and she will not cover anything. She also said that Grain Valley does not cover their work, only their parts and because I did not buy the part from them, there is nothing Grain Valley will do.

I was pissed. I have since been getting contacted by this Terri who keeps telling me that Camping world will not fix this installation error. I was also told that I need to pay Kansas City Camping world to fix it, because it is NOW a fire hazzard. So weekly I am trying to get this taken care of, I have an RV that is still at Camping World and not safe to drive because they put in my inverter/converter backwards.

This was my response today from Corporate: You know it was either last week or the week before when I was told that my RV was ready for pick up and that it had already been fixed. It had been taken to the Green valley center and fixed the way it was supposed to be. I was ready to pick it up. I have no problem picking up my RV when it’s done and safe to drive Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 1:12 PM, Darlene wrote: Still pissed off and now being pushed to pick up and pay for my RV not working and a fire hazard!!

Darlene wright 408-338-**** Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 12:21 PM, Terri Bartlett wrote: Dear Darlene, I am sorry but at this time we have exhausted all efforts on your customer service ticket. We have worked very closely with our regional team and multiple service directors and have all come to an agreement that there is nothing else we can do for you at this time. The bill must be satisfied and this unit picked up by Friday May 10 or we will begin charging storage fees. Thanks so much and have a nice day.

Terri Bartlett Regional Customer Service Manager Office: (844) 632-**** Ext 2548 Terri.bartlett@***.com Like us on Facebook https://***/ Like us on Facebook! This is NOT a bill issue.

This is a safety issue and you put my inverter backwards which is now a fire hazard. Plus, many other items could have been damaged due to this error on your part!

View more comments (1)
Anonymous
map-marker Duluth, Minnesota

Liars and crooks, all need to be fired and they need to start over with good people from the top down.

stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full
They tried totally screwing me on the final price of a new toy haulers. Luckily I caught it the next day but it was a lot of yelling and swearing to them and to cooperate. They also screwed me on that good Sam insurance. Worst people I have ever felt with. After seeing so many sites and reviews I found out it wasn't just me they do this to everyone so it makes me think cooperate trains them to screw people. The sad thing is they get away with it everyday.
View full review

User's recommendation: Run away

David C Iks
map-marker Tampa, Florida

To complement and employ Mr Laurence B at the Kissimmee Florida location

I had several problems with items I had purchased from Camping World summer 2024 I attempted to resolve the issues with your service department ABSOLUTELY no help on my way out discussed I was stopped by Laurence B and employee and ask if he could help...What a life saver. He bent over backwards, to help, I have gone back several times to work with him only. It's a shame that you're other employees do not have his company's respect .
View full review
Abed Och
map-marker Crossville, Tennessee

Great experience at Nashville CW

We bought a clearance sale recliner at Nashville CW. Price was fantastic saving over $1000. The best was the customer excellent customer service by Sara. She went above and beyond to dump our old pieces and unbox and give us the new recliners. Very professional and I wish I could find a better site to give her a five star review.
View full review
Anonymous
map-marker Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Don't help out people

It says your have a lot of campers but then you say you help people to get what want in your price range I see camper c but I also see monthly payments 500 to 600 but then I get told I have a money down 600 down but never have what I need I don't make much but I would like a driving camper to travel little while but I don't make enough so I can't get one because there out of price then on top that thay say that get can get one in that I want but yet to see it and make no sence
View full review
Leroy H Omd

This review is written by an individual who has purchased the reviewed product/service and/or confirms being a paying customer of this company. Check our FAQ

Verified Buyer
|

This review is from a real person who provided valid contact information and hasn't been caught misusing, spamming or abusing our website. Check our FAQ

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker West Boylston, Massachusetts

Terrible workmanship and service. 0 stars from me

Needed slide out floor fixed due to poor outside seal. Water had gotten in and started to rot it out.

It took us 8 months to get it fixed, and they did a terrible job. The service there was horrible. My husband would have to always call to inquire on it. They were horrible at getting back to us.

Then after 8 months we get to go get it. My husband called to see if it was ready to get picked up and the lady at the desk said, it is and that the new floor they put in has a slight different tint to it. It was way off, and it has a long air bubble under it. Cracked pieces of trim.

Trim pulled away. Bottom corner wall looks bubbled out and corner was wet. The cap on the outside slider wasn't on right, but they ended up sealing on that way. While sealing the outside.

They used the wrong sealer. I had them fix some things that they could fix before we left. I feel we should've gotten a phone call to let us know they couldn't get the same flooring. I'm sure there could've been other options.

Even could have put a rug that would have matched because that flooring in there now looks hideous.

The pics I sent is how it looked after they got done fixing it. This how the expected us to take it home.

View full review
Pros:
  • Live near by
Cons:
  • Poor workmanship on repairs and communication

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: I recommend finding a different dealer

2 comments
Darlene W Ctf

They screwed my too: . I had been told by the Camping World Store my RV Inverter/Converter 3000 watt may not be working properly.

They could not get one that large but did look it up and told me where I could get one. I picked one up at Home Depot in case that was the issue. I took the RV to camping world after I had just Bought 4 new batteries. The place I bought them from did not work on RV’s so said to have Camping world hook them up.

I made an apt with Camping World and let them know that my lights and fan on the inside worked and then did not. They were going to hook up the batteries, and if the batteries were not the problem, I had the Inverter/Converter there if they needed to change that out. They said the batteries were not the issue, and then they said the Inverter was not working properly. So, they changed that out.

They said it was ready to pick up. So, I had Edria take me there to pick it up. Nothing was working still. I turned it on, and it smelled funny.

The batteries started burning. I shut it off, and they said they fixed it I can take it now. I said no, nothing is still working. I spoke to the manager, and he told me he does not guarantee his installation, I just need to take it and pay for it.

I said NO. I left and said I need this fixed. As we were leaving there was a poster that said ‘If you are not happy, I am not happy’ Call my office 866-232-**** Or Email me at MarcusVIP@***.com. So as I was leaving I was calling this number and left a message.

Before I got home I got a call back from them. I was told they would speak to them and get this fixed. Well after a few days, they said it was ready again. And they charged me another 350.

So I went to pick it up and once again it was not working. This time I was crazy mad. This was ridiculous. The service manager came and walked me through it.

He told me that the only problem was the batteries were not charged up. He said if it does not work this time, he will personally take care of it, and I will not have an issue. After about 30 min, I paid and took the RV. (I also paid extra for them to do a slide out oil on it, because we did not know when that was done last, and they fixed some light and stuff.) I took it to WOF camping and plugged it in for a couple days, nothing.

It was still not working. I called the corporation again and did not get a response from them. But I did get a phone call from Kevin at the local office. He apologies, and said he can see that the paperwork was not done right as to show all the work they did on the RV which should be covered by the company warranty.

He said he is the one I will be dealing with, no one knows about it, so only speak to him from now on. I let him know I had surgery that day, so It would be about a month or so before I can drive again. I contacted him as soon as I was up and around. I then got the run around from him, and he would not correct the paperwork, or the issue.

I have many emails to show this. I took it to Wolf Lodge to show someone the unit, and when I went to slide out the slider, it did not work. It stayed out some, because I did not want to screw it up more, I took it to the local Camping world. I let them know what was going on.

They said no problem. I said once the warranty work is done, then we can talk about anything else that needs done. But first I need this warranty work done before I will agree to any other fees. They said no problem.

We had a bad winter, and they called a few times saying they were waiting on a price for parts, then they could not get to the unit. I spoke to Beth on Monday and was told she would get this done for me. She gave me a price of about 500 or less for extra things they found wrong. I said great, but do not fix anything until the warranty work is complete.

She said no problem. Then my daughter called and was told it was fixed, they took it to camping world in Grain Valley, they fixed their installation error, and it was ready to be picked up. I owed 2000. To pick it up.

I texted Beth and asked her what the 2000. Was for and told her thank you for getting this done so quick. She said no problem and explained why I needed to pay the 2000. I asked for an itemized work order, because that is not what we spoke about earlier that week.

She then said Wait.. Let me figure this out. She got back to me and said NO Work had been done on my RV YET. She said Grain Valley will not approve the work.

I said let’s call corporate then. She said she can not, she instructed me to call corporate. I then called corporate and was told Terry in Grain Valley was typing and saying I never even paid my bill in Grain Valley, and she will not cover anything. She also said that Grain Valley does not cover their work, only their parts and because I did not buy the part from them, there is nothing Grain Valley will do.

I was pissed. I have since been getting contacted by this Terri who keeps telling me that Camping world will not fix this installation error. I was also told that I need to pay Kansas City Camping world to fix it, because it is NOW a fire hazzard. So weekly I am trying to get this taken care of, I have an RV that is still at Camping World and not safe to drive because they put in my inverter/converter backwards.

This was my response today from Corporate: You know it was either last week or the week before when I was told that my RV was ready for pick up and that it had already been fixed. It had been taken to the Green valley center and fixed the way it was supposed to be. I was ready to pick it up. I have no problem picking up my RV when it’s done and safe to drive Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 1:12 PM, Darlene wrote: Still pissed off and now being pushed to pick up and pay for my RV not working and a fire hazard!!

Darlene wright 408-338-**** Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 12:21 PM, Terri Bartlett wrote: Dear Darlene, I am sorry but at this time we have exhausted all efforts on your customer service ticket. We have worked very closely with our regional team and multiple service directors and have all come to an agreement that there is nothing else we can do for you at this time. The bill must be satisfied and this unit picked up by Friday May 10 or we will begin charging storage fees. Thanks so much and have a nice day.

Terri Bartlett Regional Customer Service Manager Office: (844) 632-**** Ext 2548 Terri.bartlett@***.com Like us on Facebook https://***/ Like us on Facebook! This is NOT a bill issue.

This is a safety issue and you put my inverter backwards which is now a fire hazard. Plus, many other items could have been damaged due to this error on your part!

Darlene W Ctf

They screwed my too: . I had been told by the Camping World Store my RV Inverter/Converter 3000 watt may not be working properly.

They could not get one that large but did look it up and told me where I could get one. I picked one up at Home Depot in case that was the issue. I took the RV to camping world after I had just Bought 4 new batteries. The place I bought them from did not work on RV’s so said to have Camping world hook them up.

I made an apt with Camping World and let them know that my lights and fan on the inside worked and then did not. They were going to hook up the batteries, and if the batteries were not the problem, I had the Inverter/Converter there if they needed to change that out. They said the batteries were not the issue, and then they said the Inverter was not working properly. So, they changed that out.

They said it was ready to pick up. So, I had Edria take me there to pick it up. Nothing was working still. I turned it on, and it smelled funny.

The batteries started burning. I shut it off, and they said they fixed it I can take it now. I said no, nothing is still working. I spoke to the manager, and he told me he does not guarantee his installation, I just need to take it and pay for it.

I said NO. I left and said I need this fixed. As we were leaving there was a poster that said ‘If you are not happy, I am not happy’ Call my office 866-232-**** Or Email me at MarcusVIP@***.com. So as I was leaving I was calling this number and left a message.

Before I got home I got a call back from them. I was told they would speak to them and get this fixed. Well after a few days, they said it was ready again. And they charged me another 350.

So I went to pick it up and once again it was not working. This time I was crazy mad. This was ridiculous. The service manager came and walked me through it.

He told me that the only problem was the batteries were not charged up. He said if it does not work this time, he will personally take care of it, and I will not have an issue. After about 30 min, I paid and took the RV. (I also paid extra for them to do a slide out oil on it, because we did not know when that was done last, and they fixed some light and stuff.) I took it to WOF camping and plugged it in for a couple days, nothing.

It was still not working. I called the corporation again and did not get a response from them. But I did get a phone call from Kevin at the local office. He apologies, and said he can see that the paperwork was not done right as to show all the work they did on the RV which should be covered by the company warranty.

He said he is the one I will be dealing with, no one knows about it, so only speak to him from now on. I let him know I had surgery that day, so It would be about a month or so before I can drive again. I contacted him as soon as I was up and around. I then got the run around from him, and he would not correct the paperwork, or the issue.

I have many emails to show this. I took it to Wolf Lodge to show someone the unit, and when I went to slide out the slider, it did not work. It stayed out some, because I did not want to screw it up more, I took it to the local Camping world. I let them know what was going on.

They said no problem. I said once the warranty work is done, then we can talk about anything else that needs done. But first I need this warranty work done before I will agree to any other fees. They said no problem.

We had a bad winter, and they called a few times saying they were waiting on a price for parts, then they could not get to the unit. I spoke to Beth on Monday and was told she would get this done for me. She gave me a price of about 500 or less for extra things they found wrong. I said great, but do not fix anything until the warranty work is complete.

She said no problem. Then my daughter called and was told it was fixed, they took it to camping world in Grain Valley, they fixed their installation error, and it was ready to be picked up. I owed 2000. To pick it up.

I texted Beth and asked her what the 2000. Was for and told her thank you for getting this done so quick. She said no problem and explained why I needed to pay the 2000. I asked for an itemized work order, because that is not what we spoke about earlier that week.

She then said Wait.. Let me figure this out. She got back to me and said NO Work had been done on my RV YET. She said Grain Valley will not approve the work.

I said let’s call corporate then. She said she can not, she instructed me to call corporate. I then called corporate and was told Terry in Grain Valley was typing and saying I never even paid my bill in Grain Valley, and she will not cover anything. She also said that Grain Valley does not cover their work, only their parts and because I did not buy the part from them, there is nothing Grain Valley will do.

I was pissed. I have since been getting contacted by this Terri who keeps telling me that Camping world will not fix this installation error. I was also told that I need to pay Kansas City Camping world to fix it, because it is NOW a fire hazzard. So weekly I am trying to get this taken care of, I have an RV that is still at Camping World and not safe to drive because they put in my inverter/converter backwards.

This was my response today from Corporate: You know it was either last week or the week before when I was told that my RV was ready for pick up and that it had already been fixed. It had been taken to the Green valley center and fixed the way it was supposed to be. I was ready to pick it up. I have no problem picking up my RV when it’s done and safe to drive Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 1:12 PM, Darlene wrote: Still pissed off and now being pushed to pick up and pay for my RV not working and a fire hazard!!

Darlene wright 408-338-**** Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 12:21 PM, Terri Bartlett wrote: Dear Darlene, I am sorry but at this time we have exhausted all efforts on your customer service ticket. We have worked very closely with our regional team and multiple service directors and have all come to an agreement that there is nothing else we can do for you at this time. The bill must be satisfied and this unit picked up by Friday May 10 or we will begin charging storage fees. Thanks so much and have a nice day.

Terri Bartlett Regional Customer Service Manager Office: (844) 632-**** Ext 2548 Terri.bartlett@***.com Like us on Facebook https://***/ Like us on Facebook! This is NOT a bill issue.

This is a safety issue and you put my inverter backwards which is now a fire hazard. Plus, many other items could have been damaged due to this error on your part!

View more comments (1)
Debbie E Ekk

This review is from a real person who provided valid contact information and hasn't been caught misusing, spamming or abusing our website. Check our FAQ

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Phenix City, Alabama

TRIED TO PAS OFF A WATER DAMAGED CAMPER

stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full
THEY KNEW THE CAMPER WAS DAMAGED TRIED TO PASS IT OFF, SAID SINCE WE PULLED OFF THE LOT WE COULD NOT GET OUR MONEY BACK. NEGATIVE WE CONTACTED A LAWYER RIGHT IN THE BUSINESS, END OF STORY WE DID GET OUR MONEY BACK. BUYER BEWARE OF CAMPING WORLD IN SALEM AL. RUN
View full review

User's recommendation: RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN, THEY ARE AWFUL

Jeremy B Xez

This review is from a real person who provided valid contact information and hasn't been caught misusing, spamming or abusing our website. Check our FAQ

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Van Buren, New York

Lied about Ext. warranty

stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full
Camping World - Lied about Ext. warranty
Camping World - Lied about Ext. warranty - Image 2

During our meeting with the finance guy @ Camping World of Syracuse my wife & I were recommended to purchase the extended warranty! Both of us directly asked Bill if the ext warranty covers damage to the awning.

He looked at us and verbally stated yes, if damaged by weather it will cover the Arms for the awning, however not the cloth material.

Fast forward a few months later to this weekend (14Oct23) upon returning to our camp we found one of the awning arms to have been damaged! Obviously upon contacting service department we were further informed the extended warranty does not cover any damage to the awning and was not sure why we were told this. I was told to make a claim with the insurance instead.

After messaging corporate of Camping World I received a call back stating again they do not cover damages to the awning and apologized if I was misinformed. However, stated they could do nothing about the misinformation due to a customers word against one of their employees!

I was told corporate doesnt deal with HR so nothing they would do. I was advise to call the Syracuse Camping world and cancel the extended warranty if I dont like it.

We understand Camping world not covering damages to awnings as its probably the #1 claim for campers. However, to look us in the face and straight lie in order to us to pay extra for a extended warranty is shady! The fact corporate wouldnt even entertain looking into this finance person and say I could be the lying is even worse!!

I will never buy a single item from Camping World nor recommend anyone to do so either! If you choose to buy from them, please make sure you are not getting scammed when it comes to the warranties!!

View full review

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Be careful when discussing warranties

1 comment
Darlene W Ctf

They screwed my too: . I had been told by the Camping World Store my RV Inverter/Converter 3000 watt may not be working properly.

They could not get one that large but did look it up and told me where I could get one. I picked one up at Home Depot in case that was the issue. I took the RV to camping world after I had just Bought 4 new batteries. The place I bought them from did not work on RV’s so said to have Camping world hook them up.

I made an apt with Camping World and let them know that my lights and fan on the inside worked and then did not. They were going to hook up the batteries, and if the batteries were not the problem, I had the Inverter/Converter there if they needed to change that out. They said the batteries were not the issue, and then they said the Inverter was not working properly. So, they changed that out.

They said it was ready to pick up. So, I had Edria take me there to pick it up. Nothing was working still. I turned it on, and it smelled funny.

The batteries started burning. I shut it off, and they said they fixed it I can take it now. I said no, nothing is still working. I spoke to the manager, and he told me he does not guarantee his installation, I just need to take it and pay for it.

I said NO. I left and said I need this fixed. As we were leaving there was a poster that said ‘If you are not happy, I am not happy’ Call my office 866-232-**** Or Email me at MarcusVIP@***.com. So as I was leaving I was calling this number and left a message.

Before I got home I got a call back from them. I was told they would speak to them and get this fixed. Well after a few days, they said it was ready again. And they charged me another 350.

So I went to pick it up and once again it was not working. This time I was crazy mad. This was ridiculous. The service manager came and walked me through it.

He told me that the only problem was the batteries were not charged up. He said if it does not work this time, he will personally take care of it, and I will not have an issue. After about 30 min, I paid and took the RV. (I also paid extra for them to do a slide out oil on it, because we did not know when that was done last, and they fixed some light and stuff.) I took it to WOF camping and plugged it in for a couple days, nothing.

It was still not working. I called the corporation again and did not get a response from them. But I did get a phone call from Kevin at the local office. He apologies, and said he can see that the paperwork was not done right as to show all the work they did on the RV which should be covered by the company warranty.

He said he is the one I will be dealing with, no one knows about it, so only speak to him from now on. I let him know I had surgery that day, so It would be about a month or so before I can drive again. I contacted him as soon as I was up and around. I then got the run around from him, and he would not correct the paperwork, or the issue.

I have many emails to show this. I took it to Wolf Lodge to show someone the unit, and when I went to slide out the slider, it did not work. It stayed out some, because I did not want to screw it up more, I took it to the local Camping world. I let them know what was going on.

They said no problem. I said once the warranty work is done, then we can talk about anything else that needs done. But first I need this warranty work done before I will agree to any other fees. They said no problem.

We had a bad winter, and they called a few times saying they were waiting on a price for parts, then they could not get to the unit. I spoke to Beth on Monday and was told she would get this done for me. She gave me a price of about 500 or less for extra things they found wrong. I said great, but do not fix anything until the warranty work is complete.

She said no problem. Then my daughter called and was told it was fixed, they took it to camping world in Grain Valley, they fixed their installation error, and it was ready to be picked up. I owed 2000. To pick it up.

I texted Beth and asked her what the 2000. Was for and told her thank you for getting this done so quick. She said no problem and explained why I needed to pay the 2000. I asked for an itemized work order, because that is not what we spoke about earlier that week.

She then said Wait.. Let me figure this out. She got back to me and said NO Work had been done on my RV YET. She said Grain Valley will not approve the work.

I said let’s call corporate then. She said she can not, she instructed me to call corporate. I then called corporate and was told Terry in Grain Valley was typing and saying I never even paid my bill in Grain Valley, and she will not cover anything. She also said that Grain Valley does not cover their work, only their parts and because I did not buy the part from them, there is nothing Grain Valley will do.

I was pissed. I have since been getting contacted by this Terri who keeps telling me that Camping world will not fix this installation error. I was also told that I need to pay Kansas City Camping world to fix it, because it is NOW a fire hazzard. So weekly I am trying to get this taken care of, I have an RV that is still at Camping World and not safe to drive because they put in my inverter/converter backwards.

This was my response today from Corporate: You know it was either last week or the week before when I was told that my RV was ready for pick up and that it had already been fixed. It had been taken to the Green valley center and fixed the way it was supposed to be. I was ready to pick it up. I have no problem picking up my RV when it’s done and safe to drive Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 1:12 PM, Darlene wrote: Still pissed off and now being pushed to pick up and pay for my RV not working and a fire hazard!!

Darlene wright 408-338-**** Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 12:21 PM, Terri Bartlett wrote: Dear Darlene, I am sorry but at this time we have exhausted all efforts on your customer service ticket. We have worked very closely with our regional team and multiple service directors and have all come to an agreement that there is nothing else we can do for you at this time. The bill must be satisfied and this unit picked up by Friday May 10 or we will begin charging storage fees. Thanks so much and have a nice day.

Terri Bartlett Regional Customer Service Manager Office: (844) 632-**** Ext 2548 Terri.bartlett@***.com Like us on Facebook https://***/ Like us on Facebook! This is NOT a bill issue.

This is a safety issue and you put my inverter backwards which is now a fire hazard. Plus, many other items could have been damaged due to this error on your part!

Resolved
Zach W Vva

This review is from a real person who provided valid contact information and hasn't been caught misusing, spamming or abusing our website. Check our FAQ

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Panama City, Florida

Resolved: Horrible Customer Service - Do not buy from Camping World!

stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full
Horrible Customer Service - Do not buy from Camping World!
Updated by user Mar 05, 2023

Camping World’s corporate office made contact with me and worked diligently to resolve my issues. We have since reached a satisfactory resolution.

Original review Feb 02, 2023
This post has been 6 months in the making, but I was sure hoping I wouldnt have to make it. If you are in the market for a camper/ travel trailer or know someone who is, PLEASE read and SHARE my post so that others arent screwed by Camping World like Katie and I have been.

This is my post that Ive written not a forward or copy and paste.
Katie and I started camping shortly after COVID hit. We started with a small camper and absolutely loved it! In June 2022 we upgraded to a new Heartland RVs Mallard M33 at 37 long it took some practice to get used to pulling that thing all over the Southeast! We absolutely loved it the kids have a separate bunkroom in the back, we have our own bedroom, the kitchen even has an island!
We took it for a our first trip shortly after purchase and had a few issues the water heater was still on bypass so we had cold showers the first night; the kitchen sink leaked because the drain wasnt connected correctly; the sink in the outdoor kitchen leaked because it wasnt corrected at all.

While these issues were frustrating on a brand-new unit, they were all easy fixes that I took care of myself.
Fast forward 2 months to August 13, 2022. I went into the camper to find WATER EVERYWHERE! The main slide in the kitchen/living/dining area was leaking and caused water damage throughout that area. I called Camping World of Panama City and was told the first available appointment was August 17; I took it in that morning.

I asked if we should do a walkthrough, but the tech indicated they will identify all of the damage and make it right, like brand new.
We picked the camper up after they did their evaluation because they were ordering parts and I was told it would take some time to get those in. This was early September so a few weeks in the shop for them to evaluate the damage.
Our still brand new camper was returned on October 10, 2022 to complete the repairs after being told September 29 that all of the parts were in. I was told that the repairs would take two days, and that it would be ready quickly since all of the parts were in. At this point, we were in no rush to get the camper in for service as it was still usable.

It was made clear at dropoff that we wanted to keep the unit until everything was in and the work could be done and it would be ready quickly. We use the camper nearly every weekend during the winter. The unit wasnt ready until October 24; when it was ready they advised that the table came in damaged and would have to be re-ordered.
Rookie mistake on my part, we picked the camper up after it was ready and didnt walk through. The camper was parked out front and ready to go, and I was late getting there as I was driving over after work.

I didnt go through the camper until November 1. When we opened it up, we were shocked to find that NOTHING had been done. All of the water damage was still there. The table damage was expected but the ceiling was drooping down, the countertops still damaged, cabinetry still damaged and the walls still buckled.
I contacted Camping World in dismay Ive driven round trip four times at this point, and nothing has been done.

I reached out to the service department, Marcus VIP, and the general manager on November 1 and sent photos of all of the damage that wasnt repaired. I received no contact the next day; no contact from the service manager until November 7. I still haven't heard from the General Manager nor have I received calls back when I've left messages for him.
I sent photos of the damage to the service manager to avoid another 4 hour round trip to drop the camper off, per her request. I sent additional photos a few days later as requested.

She was going to order the parts and have them in so that the camper wouldn't be sitting there while waiting for repair.
We took the camper to Chattanooga for Thanksgiving. The water damage was there, but the camper was usable. While we were on this trip, we noticed that the unrepaired slide was drooping away from the camper significantly. We also had new issues the water heater was leaking and the leveling jacks stopped working.
We contacted Camping World while on vacation and let them know we were no longer comfortable using the camper with the slide leaning away from the camper.

We took the unit in on December 5, 2022 for repairs. Ive followed up repeatedly since then.
We were told the camper was ready last Friday, January 27; Katie and I drove over to pick it up to find that our 6 year old daughter could have completed the repairs more professionally than they had done. Additionally, much of the water damage still wasnt even touched.
As of today, Camping World indicates that they have ordered additional parts for the repairs; some will be in within 10 days. The countertop doesnt have an arrival date.

The Marcus VIP team indicates that we didnt make them aware of some of the issues (water damaged countertop) in August, so that isnt their problem.
At this point, Katie and I want the camper replaced. The visible damage is still there, and who knows what the hidden damage may be from the water intrusion when our camper was two months old. Camping World refuses to replace the unit and cant provide a timeline for repairs to be completed.
I am sharing this story for two reasons ONE, Camping World is a nationwide company and tends to respond to consumer issues only when they become public and TWO, to warn my friends and anyone reading this not to buy from Camping World! Manufacturer issues started this, but Camping Worlds response (lack thereof) has made it completely unacceptable.
We spent $60,000 to do something we absolutely love.

We both work hard for our money, and want to be able to enjoy our purchase.

If you have made it this far, please like and share this post!
For the Camping World social media team you comment on all of the negative reviews that you will reach out and want to help; please do! My corporate reference number is 0394**** and so far that has been of no use.
Pictures are from when we first noticed the damage in August, and then from when we were just told it was ready on Friday, January 27, 2023.
View full review
Loss:
$58000
Pros:
  • Seemed to have a lot of campers
Cons:
  • Unable to complete service repairs
  • Horrible customer service
  • Does not meet deadlines or projections for customers

Preferred solution: Replace camper with like kind new camper

User's recommendation: Shop anywhere but Camping World

6 comments
Guest

They are the worst I have ever dealt with. Lie and lie, not even a member of the BBB of course after you deal with them, you know why they are not.

And for Marcus to say if you’re not happy I’m not happy what a forest that is.

After they get your money they do not know who you are anymore. I deal with the North Carolina concord location so they are all the same, regardless of location.

Guest

I am so sorry to read this, keep spreading the word as they will only be selling more RV's to unsuspecting customers with all of the advertising they do they are just trying to make everyone think they are the only place to go, also to anyone reading this in same position and depending on state here in CA our Lemon Law states any vehicle out of service for more than 30 days is a lemon so contact a local lemon attorney they will usually work for free and a pierce of settlement but they jump when the lawsuit arrives they just try to wait people out past the point of no return

Guest

Wish I could say this is unbelievable. Our slide has been leaking since we bought it.

We took it back and were told 3 techs looked at and tested it. It's not leaking. Just returned home from vacation.

It rained on our first night, outside and inside. Camping World is a nightmare.

Clint T Jqk

Zach this is Clint teater I have had the same issue I’d like to talk to you about it I bought on from camping world my self would love to share our stories my number is 817/233/9543

Guest

Well said: To add another one not to purchase is the 2022 Keystone 38RL arctic barrier, they are not built for arctic weather at all! Ours also have manufactured issues My warranty expired this month and repairs are still not completed. The State Attorney General’s office tried to help us too, nothing has been resolved as of yet.

Josey Jsy

Hi Zach, If you are still in need of assistance, we'd like to help. Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience, kjohnson@***.com. Thanks, Kelley Johnson Director www.thervadvisor.com

View more comments (5)