4.7K views

I know this is probably not the best way to get this information to you, however when I have asked for your email address and contact information it has been refused to me. I would like to inform you that my most recent purchase with CAMPING WORLD (MERIDIAN,ID) has been the worst experience of my life.

It has been a complete nightmare and I have never felt more disrespected as a customer, EVER. I feel it is necessary for you to be informed of what I have gone through and the way I have been treated by your store and staff. To make a very long story short, my wife and I bought our SECOND camp trailer from Camping World (this one being a brand new unit) on January 23rd, 2016. When we picked it up on January 30th, we noticed the couch was ripped and were told we could bring it back in 2-3 weeks to have a new one installed.

When I got the trailer home, I saw a few other issues that I wanted fixed like the table trim completed, peeling graphics replaced, and a few other minor things. After all, this was a brand new unit and I felt it should be in pristine condition. I planned on using my BRAND NEW camp trailer this month, but it has been sitting at your store until today. I feel like I was intentionally lied to about when the couch would come in just to get the sale.

Otherwise, I would have waited the 7.5 weeks for the repairs to finally get done. I asked numerous times what camping world was going to do to make it right? I had been getting the run around and multiple stories from different employees for several weeks. I threw out a few suggestions just to get nowhere and was asked by Dave if I was trying to blackmail him among a few other things.

We obviously got nowhere. I finally got to pick up my camp trailer today and I requested to talk to your local GM Loy Howard and service manager David. When I first walked into the conference room, I was blown away at how unprofessional and disrespectful they were. They would not even listen to my concerns before giving me more excuses.

Telling me that they are so busy and have so many customers that IT IS OK if they have some unhappy customers. During our whole discussion, Loy was leaning back in his chair with his feet up playing with his GRIZZLY CHEW CAN. Honeslty, how is that NOT unprofessional and disrespectful? I would not have him manage a lemonade stand, let alone a multi million dollar business.

I GUARANTEE, you have and will continue to loose more that what I was requesting to make this right with Loy Howard running this location. It is also sad, that when I asked the service tech that was with me today and who I have been dealing with, "How would you feel if you were me, have spent nearly $50,000 dollars here and am getting treated like this?" I am sure his response isn't shocking to you, but he said that he would feel the same way I do right now. Does this make you proud as a business owner? I sure hope not.

Camping World has ONE last chance to make this right and try to save face. I understand mistakes happen and things may change when dealing with warranty parts and service, but communication and honesty is key. I feel I have been lied to from day one and have received the poorest form of communication and treated with zero respect by your staff.

It is a poor way to run business when people like myself are spending their hard earned money. I expect some respect and much greater customer service than what I have received at Camping World Meridian, Idaho.

Product or Service Mentioned: Camping World Manager.

I didn't like: Loy howard.

Comments

I am another pissed off customer. With the Rapid City Store in South Dakota.

We went through the exact same thing and even more at camping world in Chattanooga Tennessee. I first think that we got shotty paper work , We've had so much that needs repairs.

I have been steaming. They kept my camper all winter the first trip. The list goes on and on. Sorry I get to upset.

I will have to stop.

One main thing, customers service is a pathetic shame. It is a new camper also.

Do not go to camping world find anyone else they will (Rip you off every time over and over Again take from from a hard learner.

Yes. Im so glad you are willing to sue

We have had the same experience. Have written to Marcus twice --- physical letter and email --- never received a response.

Business must be really good when the CEO can tell Trump supporters he doesn't want their business, I can assure him of one thing, he will NEVER have my business and I hope every Trump voter feels as I do.

Henry_2018

We all have freedom of speach.

to Henry_2018 #1491858

How can he discriminate on a political bases

I’ve RVing for over 25 years and always visited Camping World but, after your comment about Trump supporters, I’ll never step foot in any of you stores or online. Your no more important than I am.

I also suggest you stop supporting NASCAR Truck Series.

We’re all supporters Trump. Terry Dodgen

#1419247

If you don't want Trump supporters as customers then me and my family will do business elsewhere.

#1419195

I wrote to his tv show,

Saying i was a company needing help for all its bad..ofcourse name of company:

Camping world.

We shoild file a class action law suit..any lawyers out there?

Only way to get them to listen..hit them in pocket book!

to Patty #1500358

It doesn't do any good to contact the movie star! He had some brain dead fool from camping world Houghton Lake Mich.

Try to feed me a line of B.S. The Whole Company is a joke!

What CEO in his right mind would ask that people who supported Trump not shop at Camping World? He must be crazy. I would like to hear that he has been terminated from his position at the company.

to Judith #1429928

He owns the Company, who is going to fire him??

To the CEO sent you a letter, no response from anyone..........why complain bad business. Oh never and I mean never go to the Bartow, Fl store. Terrible sums it up.

Sorry CEO has to go down the politico coward road l will terminate membership and give my dollars where appreciated beings he don't need them .

Marcus, It appears that you have bigger problems than offending half of America and most of your customers. I have listened to your video reply to the backlash you received.

You did not mention President Trump but you did mention if anyone supported or agreed to what had been said are no longer welcome in your store. ( I am paraphrasing).

We know who you were talking about. You do have a right to few speech as it is being defended by our President, police, and military.

I am sick and tired of people attesting to know more than I do. I am calling on the Board of Directors to fire you. I have an Airstream trailer as does my family. We frequent Camping World.

This weekend, I will go to Camping World in Denton, TX, tear up my card and make a big scene.

Good Luck, Marcus. You will need it.

I back my president doesn't make me a KKK supporter, neo nazi or white supremacist. I'm a baby boomer who just retired.

Purchased our last 5th wheel from Camping World and have been loyal customers. Actively looking to spend 60K or more on our retirement 5th wheel.

Won't shop here, buy insurance here or go to Good Sams RV resorts . I'll pay the 10% at a different resort.

WOW, a big sh t retailer telling YOU NOT TO SHOP IN MY STORE.?

Gee whiz, 3 new RV's and camping in good sam parks for over 50

years, $$$$ spent in Camping world, $$$$ spent in G S parks.

never never never again....& My refund ? (is in the mail)

GET YOURS NOW.

I WILL NOT SHOP IN YOUR STORE, MY PROMISE to: marcus lemonis chairman & CEO camping world good sam parks

We are new to RV camping and bought a Thor Chateau earlier this year at Paul Sherry RV in Piqua OH (close to Dayton).

A couple of things had to be taken care of, but no problem! Our family is enjoying the RV.

Also, as new campers, we purchased a membership to GOOD SAM.

Now that CEO Marcus Lemonis has stated his views with no tolerance for a different view, so much so that we are not welcome in CAMPING WORLD, so be it! We will NEVER shop there.

Another liberal Democrat who can only tolerate his view and doesn't want those who do not agree with him to stay away from his store. Plenty of other places from which to buy camping items, RV's, etc.

Not only will we never make a purchase at Camping World (and I'm good at shopping) we also plan to cancel our Good Sam membership and return the $10 discount certificate for CAMPING WORLD.

Mr. Lemonis, there is another WORLD out here in America and a lot of us -- those you despise -- go camping.