3.0
Interest Rate

I traded my camp trailer in at camping World in Meridian Idaho. We went back and forth on the phone on a 2010 toy Hauler.

According to the salesman it had been gone threw and was in great condition and was well care for. He sent about 7 pic's. looked great. We did face time so he could show me the trailer. I agreed to trade my trailer for the toy hauler and set a time to pic it up several days later so they could get it ready.

.When we arrived in Meridian about 10:30 am they said to drop my trailer and I could pick the new one up at 1:00.

We finally got to see the trailer about 2:30 pm.

The toy hauler end had patches and it was trashed. I was shocked. The salesman that sold it to me shipped out on the walk threw and sent someone else. They got their manager and he said that was normal wear for the year. Mine was a 2008 and I said no mine was in perfect condition. He said I doubt it and he was sure he could pick it apart easy. So we went to look at my trailer. OOOps, He decided I never took it camping as it looked like new. Sorry Grandma took 4 little kids camping every summer and most the summer.

He said it would cost under 300 to replace the paneling. But would take them about 6 months .

They couldn't scroll the 3 tip outs out because it was parked to close the trailers. I took the trailer knowing they had gone threw and checked everything. We get home and load the trailer to head out for a week in the mountains and the mount for the latch on the back of the toy hauler door had broke off. We had to drill it out and put a secure bolt in. We parked the trailer late at night and unhooked. The kitchen Slide out wouldn't tip out. The couch side made awful sounds. I put 3 grandkids on the couch and one with me in the bedroom. About 4:20 am 2 kids fell off the couch. I jumped up to see what happened. 1st step fell and hit the wall. Got to the lights no lights. found a flashlight went to start the generator and no power. hunted my jumper charger and went outside to check and jump start the batteries. looking I find one jack had collapsed and the other was about 12 to 15" off the ground and the trailer was tilted bad. Mind you this is a 39' 5th wheel toy hauler. I get back inside and start the generator to get heat for the kids and get them back in bed. about 6:oo am my oldest grandson (11) and I start blocking one side of the trailer and trying to lift it up so I can back my truck under it. 4 hours later we had dug a trench to back under the trailer to get it hooked on the truck. electric jack froze up. we finally get to a town about 13 miles down a dirt road. going 15 miles an hour because one jack was about 8 inches from the ground didn't want to brake it off. called CAMPINGWORLD SEVERAL TIMES TO COME GEET THE TRAILER they sent a service guy over 5 hours later. He replaced the jack and checked a few things out and said to tow it back to Meridian when We left the mountains as there was several things that needed fixed. I let the guy whom I was dealing with (corporate) manager know I was returning the trailer and wanted my trailer and cash down back. He said he would get me in a different trailer no problem. My son and daughter took of work early and headed up with tools. They followed me back in to the campsite and the toy hauler door opens and comes down. my son is honking and flashing his lights. Went threw 3 tanks of propane in 5 days and didn't even cook in the trailer. Air conditioner didn't work along with many other things. Monday we dropped the trailer at Camping World. I found another trailer better shape as they wouldn't give me my trailer

This person wrote the review because of "lied about fully serviced and gone threw later admitting it was never even checked got it from other location" of 2010 eclipse attitude from Camping World. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $25000 and wants Camping World to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was being lied to about the trailer. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments