Grant, Colorado

In January 2015 I drove 45 miles to the Ocala Fl Camping world. My intent was to order 2 slide toppers and 1 window awning. I knew these items wouldn't be in stock, but I could order and pick them up at the store. When I approached the parts/service counter, I observed only one person behind the counter. He appeared busy, so I quietly waited. After about 2 minutes, without looking up, he said, "They're not in today. Because it was Sunday, I presumed he meant the service department. I told him that I wasn' t wanting the service dept. Without looking up, he replied. "Well just what do you want"? I told him that I wanted two toppers and an awning. Without looking up, he replied "We don't have those items in stock". I advised him that I wanted to order them. He immediately looked at me, and impatiently replied, "What do you want me to do"? Embarrassed and at a loss for words, I simply turned to leave. He said, "Have a nice day".

As I got in my vehicle to leave, I decided to mention this to the manager. I returned to the store and asked for the manager. I was told that he wasn't in at the moment. I was assured that he would contact me. I left my phone number, email and mailing address. I'm still waiting for that contact.

On November 16,2015 I made an internet order. Next day, I was notified that I would receive the order on Friday the 20th. I did receive one of the two items ordered. Since I had received no word about the 2nd item, I called customer service. The lady informed me that I hadn't paid for the item. I assured her that Camping World had debited my account shortly after the order was placed. She then said that it must be back ordered, and that the factory would contact me. Not wanting to let it fall thru the cracks, I asked if she could confirm that the item had been received by the factory responsible for shipping. She snidely responded, "It's only been 4 days. What kind of confirmation do you want"? I thanked her for her time.

I know that I am writing this in frustration, and that I'll get over it. I have for 20 plus years enjoyed Camping World. it's unfortunate that Customer Service has become so pious, and continues to fail in at their job.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Camping World. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Camping World to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Camping World and camping world shipping service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

I have been looking at camping world to purchase a new motor home.after reading all the complaints and speaking with customers at their store I am going somewhere else. Joe from RI