My fifth wheel camper started eating tires on one axle. I brought it to Camping world in St.

Augustine Florida. They said I would have to leave it so they could have a guy come in with portable alignment equipment to find the problem. That was a Monday, they told me they would have an answer by that Friday. I waited till the following Monday and called them, they said the alignment guy never showed up on the appointed date that he was coming the next day.

I waited another week and called Camping world again. The alignment guy STILL has not shown. They then said , they needed me to bring in my truck to check the height of my hitch BEFORE they could do ANYTHING !! SO after 2+ weeks of my camper sitting there having NOTHING done to it, I bring in my truck and hitch it up to my camper, they send out a tech in a golf cart, he looks at it for ALL of 5 minutes and says the level looks good, NOW they have to get the alignment guy out there to check the alignment !!!

What !!!!! I decided to cut my losses and go elsewhere. They then told me that their charge for the " 5 minute diagnosis would be $388 " I was perfectly willing to pay them a REASONABLE charge, BUT, $388 IS NOT reasonable for 5 minutes of work !! I got in my truck and left with my camper, they said they would be calling the police, fine.

On the way home I happened to stop by my Goodyear tire store on another matter and told them the story. They said they knew the alignment guy and he was coming there today on another job and he could look at mine too. The alignment guy comes, He says he does all Camping Worlds work but they NEVER even called him to do mine. He looks at my camper and says the level is NOT right and I have to drop the height of my hitch.

The Goodyear tire guys adjusted my hitch and charged me $40, Camping world wanted $120 - $150. The alignment guy comes back to do the alignment , he adjusts some of the wheel bearings along with the alignment and charges me $170. Camping world also told me that I should have my wheel bearings repacked every 5k miles. The Goodyear people told me that was crazy, but if I wanted my bearings repacked they would charge me about $125.

Camping worlds set price is $284.

I guess now I know why Marcus is a millionaire !! He makes his millions by RIPPING OFF people.

Product or Service Mentioned: Camping World Rv Repair.

Preferred solution: None.

I liked: That it was close by.

I didn't like: Pricing tactics.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 27.

Comments