On or about 5/14/2016 I took my Casita to the Winter Garden store for what I would have thought would be routine maintenance. Please forgive me I don’t have all the dates and times or details as was quite the ordeal.

I left it with the front office service advisor who I believe she was named Shean Corley.

After about an our of making a work order I left with the understanding that the following work would be preformed:

Annual Maintenance Package and the 45 point check

In addition to the maintenance and the check I asked them to:

Replace the vent cap over the bathroom

Replace some cabinet latches (2X) and we even spoke how they would probably need to be special ordered,

Repair as necessary the outside light at the entrance as I felt the switch was not working.

Tighten as necessary the screws for the closet hinges.

and last but not least I asked them to top off the LP tanks on one of the Wed’s that it was in the shop.

On or about 5/29/2016 I was called and advised it was ready to pickup and at that time I authorized over the phone for a sale item “ a electric jack” to be put on. When I returned I found that at that time the outside switch had not been ordered or replaced and the cabinet latches had not been order or replaced, so after over an hour we finally find out that both the latches had not been replaced and the lp tanks had not been toped off.

I was called and advised that it was going to be an extra 96.75 to run the electric wiring all the way back to the back ( a whole 17 foot small trailer)

On or about 6/4 I was advised it was ready to pick up after everything had been done and when I returned the tanks had not been topped off and I was advised now that the battery needed to be replaced. At this time I was totally frustrated and told them I would replace the battery myself since I have an wholesale account at Interstate battery, On or about 7/4 I had the battery replaced at the interstate store in Oviedo Florida. I walked out with d

During this time the trailer was had only been trailered without any use.

After interstate replaced the battery, it blew 5 separate fuses and when I got it home I plugged it in the wall 110 and it would pop the breaker after about 5 minutes of being plugged in. I tried different circuits to no avail. I plugged and un plugged everything and reinstalled the wiring to the battery again blowing more fuses in the inline wiring to the battery from the electric jack. After walking away for over an hour I returned and it was now working and not blowing fuses.

I called the Shop and they wrote it off saying that nothing was wrong when they repaired it was probably just the adapter to the 110. However, that didn’t answer nor did they have an answer why it was blowing fuses now intermittingly or why the 12 volt plug on the inside was not working now. They advised me that it was checked during the 45 point check.

After calling the Casita manufacture in Texas I found that they always use a 110 converter in their shop and that was not a valid reason for the circuits to be blowing by using the 110 converter. The manufacture also advised me that they do not recommend Camping world for service and advised that LaMesa was the only place in central Florida that they could recommend.The went further to say that even though it was OK to run the wiring from the Elec. jack all the way back to the battery it was completely unnecessary, they advised that there is ample room in the junction box to hardwire a elec. jack and there was even a place that was earmarked for wiring in a elec. jack.

and that the extra labor for Camping world to wire in the elec. jack was not necessary. After advising the manager of the store off my conversations with Manufacture He advised me that if I would bring it in and they would go over it again.

I took it back to the shop and told them the only way I would be satisfied now was for them to retrace the wiring and make sure that there was not a possible short somewhere that was causing the short or casing the 12 volt plug to to not work.

When I picked it up they said that they could not find anything wrong with the wiring. The Tech showed me where they had left it running with the AC and light on all night and just unplugged it before I got there. Even thought the tech said he checked the wiring I felt that all he done was to turn the AC and light on to see if it was working so he could show me that when I returned there. He also said there was a blown fuse for the 12 volt plug on the inside.

Now after about 2 months and after my final fill all in all I spent $1022.32, Which did not include the LP tanks being topped off even though it was in my first request. I advised them over the phone and after having to take it back myself and get them topped off after it had been it the shop twice now.

I have now been camping with it and the first time I camped after I went out to turn the Electric water heater on and found the the switch had been left on and if you know water heaters when the switch is left on without water being in the tank it will burn out the element. So guess what after spending all this money I find that possibly as a result of the water heater switch being left on and an improper installation of the electric jack that that those things might have been the culprit of the fuses blowing and the circuits popping to now replace the water heater element myself,

So now after spending $1022.32 and countless hours in the shop, on the phone and on the road traveling to and from the shop I have had to do most of the necessary maintenance myself and learned a huge lesson about Camping World.

Even a Vendor at my wife's work advised that he would never return to Camping World.

Another friend of mine who is a recently retired United States Marshall said he would never return to Camping World for service.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Camping World. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments