2.8
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

I recently bought a brand new 2017 Thor Freedom Elite 22FE Class C Coach Motorhome on May 16th of 2016.The Coleman Air Conditioner ceiling unit in it is designed to run constantly on various cooling modes.

I didn't know that was the fact when I bought it. That wasn't even mentioned to me during the walk thru when I

bought it. I have taken my Motorhome on one trip this hot summer. After freezing to death the first night trying to sleep due to having to leave the unit on low cool mode all night, I decided I would take it back to Camping World in Garner, NC, where I bought my Motorhome, and have a normal adjustable thermostat installed that would cut on and off at the desired temperatures that I select.

The parts guy there, Michael Justice, there told me that the parts shouldn't cost but about $65 and labor involved to install it would be not too expensive as it shouldn't take but about 30 minutes to complete the work. That conversation between he and I took place on Wednesday 9-7-16 in the Garner store. So, I told him to go ahead and order the parts and do the work and to call me when the job was finished, which he did. The work was completed this week on Thursday 9-15-16.

I went to pick my Motorhome up on Friday afternoon 9-16-16. When I went to the parts desk to pay my bill, Michael Justice handed me an outrageous bill for $663.04. I was shocked to say the least!! I was fuming but I didn't want to cause a ruckus in the store.

I'm not that way. I paid the bill with my credit card and walked out mad as a wet hen! So, that's why I'm addressing this matter directly to The Camping World Corporation. The W/O number for the work performed is #136-3984879 and dated 9-9-16.

The parts involved to do the work came to $289.98. The labor came to be $311.14 to run a wire to the thermostat and change out the ceiling assembly cover. There were no hours shown anywhere on the bill as to how much time it took to perform $311.14 of labor costs. That's mighty high for 30 minutes of labor!

After NC sales tax of $41.92 for the parts, the total amount the bill showed I owed was $663.04. I am utterly pissed at Camping World for billing me for these horrendous charges. I went over there on May 16th and spent $52,000 for my new 2017 Motorhome. They should have considered that high dollar purchase before they reamed me!

I am hereby requesting a refund to my credit card from the Camping World Corporation in the amount of $350. I think that is a legitimate and fair request in this matter. $313.04 is more than a fair price for the work that was performed in my opinion. I am a 68 year old retired Senior businessman and a native of Hillsborough.

I know a lot of high ranking, influential people in the Raleigh/Durham and Hillsborough business areas. if my request is not honored by Camping World, I will tell these people to spread the word that Camping World of Garner is nothing but a Rip Off Joint and not to do business there. I certainly hope you do honor my request so it doesn't come to that. I hope to hear from you shortly.

My email address and my telephone number are both on file at Camping World of Raleigh in Garner, NC. Please reply ASAP!

Thank you in advance.John Cates

This person wrote the review because of pricing issue at Camping World. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Camping World to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Camping World and camping world rv repair for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments