Munford, Tennessee
2.3

Olive Branch, MS. We're traveling and I brought our travel trailer into branch with 3 specific issues.

I was first told it would be 3-4 weeks before the could get me an appointment. Issues are 1.) toilet flush pedal broken. Parts person looked up part numbers and told me they couldn't order until Monday, and it would take a week to 10 days to get parts. Told him I'll pay the overnight charges to get it shipped - answer was "don't know if we can do that".

Told them to forget it. 2.) my awning's wretched mechanism is broken. They advised it probably wouldn't be covered under my 4-yr Camping World Elite extended warranty. Asked them to call me to confirm if it would be covered.

After the 4th day, they still don't know. 3.) converter continually running, charging batteries. After 4-days Sitting in the shop, they tell me it's working fine. The problem's that I have 2 burned up batteries.

They're right at a year old, bought from camping world at $ 270.00 a peace. But, they tell me there's nothing wrong with the converter the installed a year ago (because the batteries then had "burned up!"). It was in their Olive Branch, MS shop for a solid week then. The voltage is correct, but the converter never stops charging the batteries.

It's always running. I've called daily, asking for an update. Each time I get a promise that the service desk or the service manager has stated that they'd check with the shop and get back with me before the end of the day. After 4 days going without an update, no ones called me back.

Not even the service manager. Each time I spoke with someone I had to go through the 3 issues needing their attention. This evening, after calling them 6 times and being hung up on during phone transfers, one of the service desk people called me back. They forgot about the awning.

The call back was only after I left a message that after it being in their shop for 4-days, I was picking up my RV tomorrow morning. Their communications have been absolutely terrible. Their troubleshooting Seems to be on a level of total incompetence. They're swamped with service work, or simply just don't have enough technicians.

And, those they have don't seem to understand basic electronics. In their opinion, if it has a voltage output, it's good. Forget the current, which in a battery charger, turns off the charger so it doesn't burn up the batteries. I asked if they had replaced the bad battery, that they had told me about, with a shop battery to determine I'd the converter functioned correctly - No, not unless I wanted to buy another pair of batteries, and they'll only replace two, not only one because it's "probably" bad, since the other one is.

I am so pissed.... Bought 2 new batteries from Sam's Club today at $94.00 a peace. I'll replace the converter myself. I'll buy a toilet from another dealership and replace it myself (only 2 bolts).

I'll figure out what to do with the awning ( probably take it to a non-camping world dealer somewhere down the road).

I'll never go back to this Camping World. I'll find another dealer to service y RV.

Product or Service Mentioned: Holiday Rambler Rv.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Camping World Pros: Mike at service desk.

Camping World Cons: Purchasing my rv from camping world.

• Camping World Warranty Complaint

Comments

Does Al work for Camping Center, or is he just a disrespectful person putting his two cents in>

Don't complain if you're a DUMB *** Republican..... NO REGULATION!!!!!!!

Camping World Reviews