My husband and I were in the market for a camper and I found one on RV Trader that was the size and floor plan that I was looking for. I emailed Judy Campbell at Camping World in Raleigh, NC, asking for more pictures, which she sent.

When I enlarged them to look more closely, I noticed what looked like bubbling in front of the slide - where campers are notorious for delaminating. So I opened the photo in Paint, put an arrow and circled the spot, and returned the photo to Judy Campbell. I told Judy that I had a 2 hour drive and if the camper is delaminating, then I am not interested. Judy Campbell told me she walked out to the camper and ran her finger on the spot and it was completely smooth.

She said when standing there, she did not see any bubbling, and she assured me it was just a mark on the photo and that it was not delaminating, so my husband and I made arrangements to drive the 4 hour round trip the next day. When we arrived, a man named JT took us to see the camper. We looked at it for 2 seconds and saw the extensive delamination. JT said it wasn't delaminating, that was just a bubble under the fiberglass.

My husband said bubbles under the fiberglass is the description of delaminating. He was furious and we started to leave. JT said not to leave, that they have other campers that they could show us and because of the misunderstanding (outright lie) by Judy Campbell, they would go out of their way to give us a good deal - the old bait and switch. We found a similar new camper with the same floor plan that JT was quick to try to sell to us - at full price.

I asked him about the "misunderstanding" and he said he would ask the manager for a better. The manager came out to the lot, we showed him the delamination - which he again said was just bubbling - LOL - and refused to even give us a good deal on the new one! We left and the next day, went to RV Outlet, USA, in Ringgold, VA where we bought a nicer camper for less money than their "discounted" one. In retrospect, they didn't care what they had to say to get us in there.

They just wanted the chance to try to sell a camper, any camper, and if they had to lie to get us in there, they were quick to do it. They add on ridiculous document fees and prep fees that other dealers don't charge so their advertised prices seem low, but they are the highest priced dealer that I have seen.

Attached is the email stream with my email and phone numbers removed. This is a screen shot of my entire email stream so you can see Judy Campbell's lie for yourself.

Review about: Palomino Rv Rv.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Being repeatedly lied to, Treated like an idiot.

Comments