2.4
Interest Rate

So glad I found this site before we finalized our purchase on a 2017 trailer...While waiting for the finance guy (who clearly has better things to do than his job) to call us back on the financing approval I found this site only looked cause they rubbed me the wrong way and just had that feeling.

My husband did all of the shopping I just went in to take a look at it before we did the deal. So after saying yes we did the paperwork and said we would get a call in the morning at 9am. That time came and went and no return calls when he called to see what was going on. At 830 that night got a call from the finance manager with a congrats you were approved and the interest rate is 9.75%.

HOLY *** are you kidding me with a 750 credit score 9.75% ? That sealed the deal for me in addition to ready the *** reviews the company has so after telling him we could get 4.99% at our credit union he kept right on talking so after the third time my husband told him no thanks we just want our deposit back he hung up on him. No calls the next day with hey we found you a better interest rate... I called to inform them that my husband would be up to get our deposit and was told no problem.

He was going that way anyways since we ended up buying a bigger and nicer trailer at Ballard's RV down the road that day and had the financing all approved at 4.99 percent at our credit union. He gets there a hour each way and is told they don't carry cash and would have to issue a check by mail the next week. Then he was met by the regional sales manager who offers to match the 4.99% and also take another 1200.00 off the trailer. Now the salesman the night before went back and forth with the finance guy cause this was such a skinny deal we were getting on the trailer meaning they were making very little on it.

So guess they made enough that he could offer another 1200.00 off it. Such a joke! He told him we were no longer interested in buying from them and just wanted a refund on deposit so just mail the check and he left to go down the road to get our new trailer. 5 days pass and I get a text from the salesman saying to come pick up our deposit!

Are you freaking kidding me! I wrote back and told him we are not making a two hour trip to pick up a deposit you said you didn't have the week before. He said well we have cash now but if you want us to mail a check it will have to come from corporate and could take a month to get. I responded and told him mail it.

I also added that I am not that person you want to play games with. No check yet but I'm going to wait another week than I will take that ride out there and make a huge scene right there on the sales floor for all the customers to hear..

And direct them to this site for reviews...Take my advice go to a dealer with a good reputation like Ballard's no bull with them and no hidden costs unlike camping world.We were so happy with them that we opted for the bigger trailer and felt comfortable paying more for it where at camping world we would have had to settle for the smaller trailer because of the added charges they don't tell you about.

This reviewer shared experience about "inflated finance rates" and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $250. The author is overall dissatisfied with Camping World. The most disappointing about rv from Camping World was getting the run around on financing and refund of my deposit , but reviewer liked selection of trailers. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

Springville, New York, United States #1223789

Hello my name is Don have had same problems was the person taking care of you named Mike by any chance Will be filling a complaint soon as well as soon as I cool down enough to put it down in writing dje

sford@aol.com

Ankeny, Iowa, United States #1193578

I wish EVERYONE in the country would read and heed the warnings here before doing business with those @#$%&£#$ at Camping World .

They are greedy beyond words and lie about anything and everthing.