Oakwood, Georgia
1.4
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

We went to Camping World to look at travel trailers and 5th wheels.We knew pretty much what we wanted and knew about how much we could spend and like most it depended on what payments were.

I had prices from other dealers on rv's we liked but wanted to see since such a large operation they could and I quote salesman,that they get much better prices from MFG. due to volume. I told them that I had been a General Manager of a GM dealership for 20 + years and had worked my way up from sales to finance director to GM so I pretty much know how all the sale and finance work. Found one that had what we wanted he sat us in an office ask for name address etc,NO ss# which I would not have given anyway and quoted a payment that would have us paying back 68,400.00 on a 32,000.00 with 20% dn,REALLY!

I told you going in not to **** with me and you did it anyway then look at me after I ask you to SHOW me the figures and you asked what kind of payment did you want! I want to see the bottom line numbers. He said well you need to let me know what payment you wanted and I said well I told you not that payment and he gave me this deer in the headlight look. We got up and he just said well let me know if I can help you and we WALKED!!

I hope the GM who introduced himself when we came in reads this and scratch his head as to why his sales reviews are so bad and if he wants to know how to make more money and not get millions in chargebacks,look me up. We left and bought at a small dealer that did not blow me out by trying to load my payment up to max profit and explained the bottom line before he entered into computer,no hidden fees,outrageous interest rate and ext. warranty. I think of all the folks they have barried in rv's on backend and how they could be a good dealer if they would stop the BS old school way.

They have what I call order takers with no product knowledge and a nasty underhanded way to rip folks off. Poor training,poor sales people and the biggest blame goes to POOR MANAGEMENT which is where it starts. I would clean house find sales people through screening and not let them with customers without thorough training. Hey mr GM ever heard of 4 square payment presentation??

you can start there but you have to have strong sales force and involved managers and good honest customer service.

I know that some buyers have credit issues and don't tell you but show them what different credit scores will get you and most of the time they'll confess their problems if they have any, don't insult them by assuming treat everyone as if there are no issues.By the way we are a 768 score,SEE YA

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "don't treat customers like dirt. improve your salesforce product knowledge and disclosure procedures and integrity" as the author lost $32000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Camping World. The most disappointing about camping world customer care from Camping World was pricing, customer service and sales person , but reviewer liked product. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments