I dropped my Keystone Raptor off at Camping World at 2222 E. Main Street in Mesa AZ to have my generator serviced, rear bunk repaired and a couple of minor items completed before we left on a 2000 mile trip to Texas.

While writing the repair order my service writer up-sold me a wheel bearing pack and since we were traveling so far in just a few days I agreed.

After having my trailer for a week she called me and said that I needed a new carb for my generator because the gas had turned bad to which I agreed to the repair. Then she went on to tell me that there was grease slung all over the break drums that would have to be cleaned that was not covered in the quote for the bearing pack. At this point she sent me pictures of my trailer completely disassembled and said that they needed to clean everything and adjust the brakes (which was not included in the bearing pack price) I argued with her that the proper way to do a bearing pack was to back off the breaks, disassemble, pull the bearings and clean them, pack the bearings, install new seals, preload the bearings and adjust the brakes.

I could tell that there was no way to reason with this woman so I begrudgingly agreed to the additional cost.

When they finally completed the repairs she called me to let me know it was ready, I told her I would pick it on my lunch break. I arrived at Camping World at 12:05 on Monday Oct 20 to be informed that "Everyone was at lunch" and I would have to wait until 1:00. I sat in the parking lot until 1:00 then waited an additional 20 minutes for someone to assist me. The service writer was nasty while taking my $3,178.46 and then made me wait an additional 40 minutes before having someone bring up my trailer. At 2:00 pm I looked around the parking lot and found my own trailer and hooked it up.

As I was leaving I decided to stop at the front office and voice my concerns to the manager. I found the manager Shawn Williams and asked him for his card so I would know who to identify in my letter to Corporate. He gave me his card and asked for a chance to make it right before it went that far. I explained what had happened and he refunded the additional brake adjustment and cleaning costs. I finally left Camping World at 4:15.

We headed for Texas at 5:00 am on October 21st and when we got into El Paso traffic came to an abrupt halt forcing me to initiate a panic stop only then to find out that my brakes were adjusted incorrectly. The trailer grabbed hard on the drivers side and forced me into the center median. I had to use extreme caution for the remainder of the trip. Upon our return to Arizona I took the trailer back to Camping World the day after we returned from Texas, Saturday November 8th and explained what had happened to Shawn the GM. Shawn instructed me to drop the trailer in the service lane and call him Monday and he would get it resolved.

On Monday the November 10th I left several voice mail messages for Shawn with information as to what I believed was the issue. I still hadn't received any response from Camping World until I called and spoke with Christina Carnes on November 18th with an assurance that I would hear from someone that day.

On Friday November 21st I again called Shawn and told him that my trailer still had not been repaired and that I was extremely disappointed, he said he would find out what was going on and call me back immediately. One and a half hours later I received a call from a girl in Camping World service telling me that my trailer was ready. I told her that I would be in tomorrow (Saturday) to pick it up.

I arrived at Camping World Saturday November 22nd exactly 14 days after I had dropped it off to again find no service personnel available. I again went out in the lot and found the trailer my self. By the time I got hooked up and went back in the parts counter found someone from service to let them know I was there. I told the guy I was already hooked up and only needed to dump my waste tank. He showed me where the waste dump was located and moved a Class A so I could get close to it. I went through my waste dump procedures, (put on my rubber gloves, check that valves were closed, get the hose next to the connector) and when I unscrewed the cap I was met by a spray of sewer (Black Tank) waste which got on my clothing and all over their parking lot.

It was very apparent that a disgruntled employee (the original tech or service writer) had opened the black tank valve filled the line with waste and closed the valve to get back at me for expecting the service I had paid for.

This was the nastiest treatment I have ever received from any business in 50 years.

I would caution everyone to think twice before patronizing Camping World

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

WORST SERVICE EVER!!!!!

I am single and my daughter and I decided to purchase a camp trailer so we could get away from the Arizona heat in the summer. We had looked at every camp trailer possible and decided to purchase a new Northland from Camping World in Oct 2016. First time we took it out, March 2017, we found a water leak under the shower. Took it in to Camping world and thought it had been fixed.

Second time I took it out, July 2017, Arizona Monsoon Season, 10 days in the mountains, water pored in through the sky light warping my bathroom counter top. The Sensors for the Black, Grey and Fresh water was not working correctly, the water pump wouldn’t shut off and the refrigerator would not light unless the stove was lit. I took it to camping world to have the repairs done and got the run around. They wouldn’t touch the sensors unless I paid them to clean out the tanks.

The refrigerator, I was told, had debris that looked like leaves in it and they said they wouldn’t fix it. Please tell me this…..I have owned this trailer for 9 months, it sits in a back yard nowhere near any trees or bushes. How in the H___ is there going to be debris in the refrigerator unless it was there when I bought it?????? The pump wouldn’t shut off because there was still a leak behind the shower poring out under the trailer.

This they fixed without an issue. And now for the biggest problem……The Sky Light in the bathroom is cracked! While camping for 10 days in...

If you live in AZ you know we don’t get a lot of rain but when we do it pores! The water coming in warped the counter top in the bathroom. I had two people In the Service department state there was NO IMPACT to the Sky light. Warranty refused to fix it.

It was submitted to them again and they again refused to fix it! Camping world service department kept my trailer for over 3 months and it was returned to me right after the SO CALLED WARRANTY ran out. I now have the task of crawling on top of my camp trailer and replacing the sky light myself. I still have a warped counter top!

After a long argument Camping World dropped my tanks, without me paying for it, and found that the sensor was defective and replaced it. I called in for an update after they had my trailer and couldn’t get anyone to call me back. My Tech, Mike, was AWFUL!!! I found out later he was a manager.

I called again at 2 months and couldn’t get him to call me back. I finally get a call back at 2 ½ months telling me they aren’t going to fix the sky light but would submit again. 3 month mark I called every day for a wk just asking for an update. No call back.

When I did get a call it was to tell me to come get my trailer because they were not going to fix anything else. I do not recommend Camping world to anyone. I will make sure everyone I know hears how they handle customers.

I no longer shop at Camping World online or otherwise.I will go out of my way to shop elsewhere.

Nothing but problems with the Mesa service department... They couldn't pay me to recommend them...

Phoenix, Arizona, United States #1236241

Yea I have had the same experience.

Over promised

Under delivered

#1208856

We went there to change the head lights on our motor home.They lasted 3 days!

They also told us that oil got into the refrigerator line. We said to go ahead & clean it out. When I think of it how could oil get in there.

Will never go back.