All I was trying to do was get a direct tv satellite installed.First they sent me an incorrect invoice, then, you never could reach anyone to get it corrected and I wanted to order the work.

Took almost a week to even get correct invoice and scheduled. They said would take 3 days. Parts manager, Jeff, said I just needed to call Directv to add the 2 new receivers to my account. Of course, Dtv said they need the ID's and access codes for the receivers.

He said I have done many of these and they don't need that and it would be fine, as he had installed many of these. I called back day before pick up to ensure we were on track to pick up and that I needed the access codes. No one ever called me back. (All you get here is voice mails and no one ever returns/checks calls or emails - and, no one person will own the issues and handle your account.

I called back and after 6 tries got a person. They had to leave a message for the service tech. He finally called me back at 10 am on day of pick up with the codes. When I called Directv to add, they told me they couldn't activate these as they were used, refurbished models and in fact were still listed as "in collection" on another person's cable account.

I paid top $ (even more than I would have at Directv and expected new receivers, was never disclosed!!!!). So, CW said they would get 2 new ones in there and call me back with those codes - never called back, so I called another 7 times. Then, when the service tech did finally call me they had only 1 new receiver and it was the wrong model!!! This is now 3 hours before our pickup.

Said parts person would call me right back(because NO ONE owns the problem - they just pass you on to another dept, and you get voice mail for all). Parts guy called me back, my husband is on way to pick up and we are leaving on a trip, and the new access codes they gave me are also for leased receivers from someone else's account, so Directv will not activate them!!!! I started all of this process 3 weeks ago, and still not done. I have no assurance now that even the satellite isn't used or works as Directv will not activate the receivers as they are someone elses, so they can't even test the satellite to see if works.

I would avoid this company completely and go up to Lazy Days RV - my experience with them has been wonderful. This is a dishonest company that tries and sells used parts. We are going to pickup RV and will handle myself as Directv is overnighting me new, correct receivers, and I will have to figure out how to install them myself. I had my husband just go get our RV, and who knows if this dish will even work.

By the way, they are very expensive on labor. for a satellite and 2 receivers (which I still don't have) was $3400 (be sure and check your invoice as they didn't put on sale prices, etc -and, it was wrong twice.

BUYER BEWARE - HORRIBLE COMPANY AND WORST SERVICE EVER!Go to Lazy Days

Review about: Camping World Tv Service Installation.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments