On 13 Oct 14 I went in camping world, Katy Tx to seal up a deal on a 2012 used destination travel trailer.I was trading in a 2012 Jayco of which had several modifications done by me and I sent a picture of each one to salesman Ted and after seeing them and talking to me in person on Oct 13 he told me under no uncertain terms that we had a deal and although I live north of San Antonio 175 miles away he said to bring my trailer down at 10:00 AM Oct 17th and we would make the trade.

I game him a check for $1000 as a down payment and ask him again if we definitely had a solid deal because I was going back home and hire a firm to raise the roof on my RV cover so the new trailer would fit. I called him on Tuesday to get a measurement on the new trailer so he knew I was modifying my cover which was not cheap and he never said a word about our deal being contingent on anything. I took the trailer in on Oct 17th and 5 or 6 employees came to inspect it and they then Ted told me that it would not work because of my modifications which he knew all about previously and had said we had a deal. I ask to see the Sales manager and Eric came back and looked around and all he said is I can't sell this because of modifications.

Then he left and I never saw him again. The trailer I was buying was on consignment. Now I was out $3000 for my RV cover and the trip charge down and back not to mention a lot of stress that was totally unnecessary. I told Ted earlier that I wanted him to not allow me to come down there then others come in and do what ended up happening.

He said oh no that he had discussed it with them already and that we had a deal.I am furious and think they should be forced to correct what they screwed up.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Salesman at first.

I didn't like: Lied to me worst thing on eatth.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments