2.5K views

Bought 4 different campers in katy in two years,,,,,first two were smaller trailers..paid cash...the second one leaked in the bath room.....took weeks to get fixed...found shower was leaking badly..finally fixed...next traded up and bought a 38 ft 5th wheel, Freedom Spirit...went Austin hill country area,,,,within a week it rained and water poured in through the roof...ruined the tv and my computer...had to take back to KaTy Camping world,,,they acted again like it was my fault...they finally did a REPAIR...we had to stay in a hotel for days....took back to hill country and it rained inside again...took it back and demanded them to take it back,,,took days and alot of yelling ...the mgr and staff were rude as ***....finally got corporate to help...we decided after they said to just pick another unit and all would be well....bull!! Finally found a unit we liked ..less expensive unit,,,but ended up costing thousands more....the mgr there then was a lier and an ***..and a theif..now new units micro convestion oven caught fire just weeks after we got it....having to fight again.....warrenty they sold us wont pay at all....said we were going to get a lawyer and they now have found a new microwave....we hired a certified rv repair man...he looked at how old oven was hooked up and said we were lucky we didnt burn to death in our sleep..now they broke a door on our entertainment center and are giving us *** about replacing it....WILL never return to camping world again,,without an attorney going with us..Have recently found out tons of Dutchman units had the rubber roofs cut short at the factory and they sold them anyway!!! That ***....

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

IF I WERE YOU I WOULD NOT SIGN ANY CONTRACT UNTIL THEY ENLARGED IT AS BIG AS THE COPY MACHINE COULD MAKE IT.THIS WAY YOU COULD READ THE CONTRACT VERY WELL.

THE PRINT ON THE FRONT IS DARK BUT THE PRINT ON THE BACK IS IN VERY LIGHT GRAY, YOU CAN BARELY SEE IT.

THE COPY MACHINE CAN ENLARGE IT AND ALSO MAKE IT DARKER. THE BACK PAGE IS THE ONE THAT WILL PUT YOU IN A BIND IF YOU SIGN IT. DON'T GIVE ANY DEPOSIT MONEY UNTIL THE VEHICLE YOU WANT HAS BEEN THROUGHLY INSPECTED AND NOTHING IS BROKE OR NOT WORKING. YOU WILL BE SORRY IF YOU DON'T.

IF YOU SIGN A CONTRACT AND THEN FIND ALL THE BROKEN THINGS AND YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND ABOUT GETTING THE VEHICLE AND YOU TELL THEM YOU DON'T WANT IT, THEY WILL KEEP THE DEPOSIT. THE DEPOSIT I LOST WASN'T ANYTHING COMPARED TO THE POOR GUY WHO LOST HIS JOB AND THE $2000.00 HE PAID DOWN FOR A DEPOSIT. THEY HAD NO MERCY ON THE POOR MAN. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.

NOTHING IS PRETTY OR NICE ABOUT HOW THEY DO BUSINESS.THE ONES THAT WROTE THE RAVE REVIEWS MUST HAVE BEEN PAID OFF TO DO SO.

TEXAS LEMON LAWS

Protect owners of Recreational Vehicles, Motorhomes Class A, motorhomes Class C, Travel Trailer Units.Anything that is towable.

If you have had constant, never ending breakdowns or other problems that can't be solved and continue you can contact A Texas Lemon Law Attorney.

Yes Texas does have a Lemon Law to Protect you.

You can find a Texas Lemon Law Attorney in the internet.

Most people don't know this.Call a Lemon Law Attorney to see what your rights are.

FROM ALL THE REVIEWS I AM SEEING, IT SEEMS THIS RV CO.LISTED BELOW IS A REAL ZINGER OF A COMPANY AND FROM THE DATES ON EVERY REVIEW THEY HAVE BEEN AT IT FOR A LONG TIME.

YOU WOULD THINK THE WORD HAD BEEN SPREAD BY NOW.

THE BUSINESS THAT THEY ARE GETTING NOW MUST SURELY BE COMING FROM OUTSIDERS AND OUT OF TOWNERS. THE LOCALS ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THEM FOR SURE. PRETTY SURE IT WILL JUST BE AN EMPTY BUILDING AND PARKING LOT SOMETIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE. MAYBE THE TOWN OF KATY CAN BUY IT ON A REPOSESSION DEAL BECASUE THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO PAY THE MORTGAGE PAYMENTS.

THEY CAN USE THE FACILITY TO EXPAND THEIR GREAT SCHOOL SYSTEM.THE TOWN WOULD PROFIT MORE FROM THE SCHOOL THAN A SHISTER RV COMPANY.

I WILL BE PRAYING FOR EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. I DON'T KNOW YOUR NAME BUT GOD DOES!!!!!!!! HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW AND IF HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW THEN IT IS ALSO ON YOU!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU!!!!!

LOOK FOR YOUR SURPRISE FROM THE LORD!!!!!

HE IS CLOSER THAN THE AIR WE BREATHE!!!!!!!!!

FALSE PROMISES:

SOME PEOPLE MAKE PROMISES THEY HAVE NO INTENTION OF KEEPING OR KNOW THEY CANNOT KEEP.THIS IS A FORM OF DELIBERATELY MISLEADING PEOPLE.

I DON'T KNOW ALL OF YOU PEOPLE OUT THERE BUT GOD IN HEAVEN DOES.

JUST KNOW THAT YOU HAVE NOT BEEN ALONE. THERE ARE A LOT OF US OUT HERE THAT HAVE BEEN DONE WRONG AND ARE HELPLESS TO DO ANYTHING BECAUSE WE TRUSTED PEOPLE AND SIGNED CONTRACTS THAT WE ALL SHOULD HAVE PAID BETTER ATTENTION TO.

GOD TEACHES US ALL LESSONS. I KNOW FOR MY SELF I WILL NEVER SIGN A CONTRACT WITHOUT READING IT IN FULL AND I THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO GET A LAWYER TO READ IT AND EXPLAIN IT TO US IN FULL SO THAT WE WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT IT ALL MEANS. GETTING A LAWYER TO READ IT IS THE BEST SMARTEST THING YOU WILL EVER DO TO KEEP FROM GETTING YOURSELF IN A MESS AND FEELING HELPLESS.

WE SHOULD ALL RISE UP AND SAY NO MORE. WE ALL WORK SO HARD FOR OUR MONEY AND SAVE TO GET SOMETHING REALLY WONDERFUL FOR OUR FAMILIES AND IT TURNS OUT TO BE JUNK. I WOULD NEVER PAY THESE PEOPLE CASH FOR ANY UNIT. GET IT FINANCED THROUGH A COMPANY.

IF ENOUGH PEOPLE DON'T PAY THEIR LOANS OFF PRETTY SOON THAT FINANCE COMPNAY WON'T FINANCE ANYTHING FOR ANY OF THE RV COMPANY'S CUSTOMERS. USE THEIR FINANCE COMPANY NOT YOUR OWN PERSONAL BANK. THAT WAY THEY WILL BE LOSING THEIR OWN MONEY. THINK ABOUT IT.

TRY NOT TO BEAT YOURSELF UP OVER WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU. IT HAS HAPPENED TO A LOT OF US. WE ALL MADE A BIG MISTAKE BUT MUST...

THE BIBLE SAYS GOD WILL FIGHT OUR BATTLES FOR US. EVEN IF AS A HUMAN YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING JUST REMEMBER YOU HAVE A GOD IN HEAVEN THAT IS YOU VINDICATORE. HE IS YOUR LAWYER IN HEAVEN AND HE IS THE GREAT LAWYER AND NO ONE CAN TOUCH HIM OR HIS WAY OF DEALING WITH CROOKED, MISLEADING PEOPLE. LEAVE IT IN HIS HANDS, GOD WILL PAY YOU BACK FOR YOUR LOSS.

YOU DON'T KNOW IN WHAT FORM OR SHAPE BUT WHEN IT HAPPENS YOU WILL TRULY KNOW IT CAME STRAIGHT FROM HEAVEN. LOOK UP TO HEAVEN FROM WHERE YOUR HELP WILL COME. I ALWAYS SAY THANK YOU JESUS FOR TAKING CARE OF WHAT I CAN'T FOR ME. THIS IS WHAT GOD SAYS TO US EVERY MORNING IN OUR HEARTS.

GOD MORNING THIS IS GOD I WILL BE HANDLING ALL YOUR PROBLEMS TODAY!!!!!!! SO DON'T WORRY. I HAVE YOU COVERED. JESUS LOVES US THIS WE KNOW FOR THE BIBLE TELLS US SO.

HOLD THIS IN YOUR HEART AND ALWAYS SAY JESUS I KNOW YOU ARE HERE, I KNOW I AM SAFE. ALWAYS PRAY FOR GOD'S PROTECTION OVER YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES LIVES. YOU CAN ALSO PRAY FOR GOD'S PROTECTION OVER YOUR FINANCES AND YOUR JOB.

DO THESE THINGS AND SEE WHAT GOD HAS IN STORE FOR YOU.IT IS WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD WILL REPAY THE YEARS THAT THE LOCUST HAVE EATEN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bible says:

You shall not steal; you shall not deal falsely; you shall not lie to one another

A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, and favor is better than silver and gold.

LIE - a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive

DECEIT - act or practice intended to mislead by a false appearance or statement. The difference is that a lie is generally spoken: but deceit includes anything, whether words or deeds, that are intended to lead people to believe what is not true.

This is what I have to say to anymore purchasing a Motorhome Class A or Class C or Travel Trailer.Read The Contract Before Signing, whatever you do don't skip this important step.

Take all the time you need. The Print on the Contract is very fine. Bring your glasses and bring your magnifying glass, better yet ask COMPANY to blow the contract up so you can read it clearly and keep a copy for yourself. You will be surprised what you are agreeing to.

It is not a nice contract and is not in your favor, it is all for their benefit to free them of any responsibility of selling you a bad unit. You are the one being HAD!!!!!!!!!

Now this talk about that DEPOSIT MONEY they require you to put down. If you change your mind about the unit for whatever reason you will not get the deposit money back.

We were ask to sign the contract and put up a deposit before we even saw the unit. (Stupid Us) It was on sale. We looked at it and saw defaults and decided we did not want it. (A very serious default) We decided we needed to look at other units.

We ask for our deposit back and to this day no one has called us back or given us our deposit back. If you read the contract you will see that they can keep your deposit, they consider this as you backing out on the contract.

At this point we have been had.

We feel sure that if these companies continue these practices they will not be in business long.

It is shameful.

The...

They are nice and give you a good sales pitch but once you sign on the dotted line there is no more Mr. Nice Guy. Then the war start for repairs and defaults. Save yourself from this distress.

Buy A Pick-Up Truck and put a Camper on the back and then buy a Tent ----- Go back to the old days. You will be better off. Also go back to staying in Hotels and Cabins. Even if you want to go on a trip you won't have the money because you have had to pay for so many repairs on your unit.

They all look pretty like a Christmas Tree but sometime the tree catches on fire because of faulty lights. STRESS: You have no idea what the stress of going through a mess like this will do to your life. Save yourself from it. By the time you spend all your money on repairs you could have taken your family on a really nice trip and stayed in hotels, money wise, you will come out ahead.

The old saying goes ----- what goes around comes around, those people never get away with what they think they do. They get VERY Bad Reputations----Next year that building they are sitting in will probably be empty. HA HA, They Ran Off all the Great wonderful people that trusted them---But the people will not be made FOOLS OF FOR LONG. Those kind of people probably are looking for new jobs continually.

People always find crooks out. That is what I have found in my life. I think that it is the General Manager's responsible to teach his employees good deceit BUSINESS ETHICS. I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT IS BEING DONE.

THE EMPLOYESS ARE BEING TAUGHT TO BE DECEITFUL AND TO GET THE SALE AT ALL COST. NOW IS THAT HOW YOU WOULD RAISE YOUR CHILDREN? THAT MANAGER IS THE HEAD OF THE HOUSE AND THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TEACHING THEIR EMPLOYEES GOOD ETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES. IT IS BETTER TO BE RESPECTED FOR BEING HONEST THAN IT IS TO BE DECEITFUL AND TO THINK IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.

DID YOU EVER WONDER WHO IS GETTING ALL THAT DEPOSIT MONEY THAT IS BEING KEPT??????? THE MUST HAVE A MONEY POT AND DIVIDE AMONG THEMSELVES AT THE END OF EVERY MONTH. THE MORE THE MERRIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS EVERYONE OF YOU THAT HAS BEEN LIED TO, CHEATED, AND HAD TO BEG.

JUST REMEMBER GOD IS YOUR DEFENDER, NO DIRTY DEED GOES UNSEEN BY HIM. HE KNOWS ALL AND SEES ALL. HE KNOWS EVERY DIRTY THING THESE PEOPLE HAVE DONE. THEY MAY THINK THEY GOT AWAY WITH IT BUT OUR LORD IN HEAVEN KNOWS THE TRUTH.

YOU CAN STAND ON THAT. AS CHRISTANS WE KNOW THAT GOD FIGHTS OUR BATTLES FOR US. WE DON'T HAVE TO FIGHT THOSE PEOPLE AT ALL. WE CAN REST ASSURE THEY WILL NOT BE IN BUSINESS LONG THE WAY THE TREAT PEOPLE.

THAT IS IT PEOPLE! God Bless you all. God is on your side, he is your defender, can't get any better than that. HELP FROM HEAVEN.

Thank You Keep Your Eyes Open and always be alert about any business that requires a contract and down payment. We all trusted them so don't feel bad about being cheated.

Remember every old cheating dog has their day in COURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!These people will not be in business long if they keep being so deceitful and have such bad moral and business ethics.

Where do I start.I bought a 2016 Heartland in October 2016 from Camping World Katy.

We asked for MAXXAIR vent covers installed and the lady at the service desk said there were none to fit this model. We took it back to have safety recalled front lights replaced a few weeks later and again asked for the MAXXAIR vents to be installed. Same answer, none will fit. I contacted Heartland and they said any universal vent cover will fit.

Thanksgiving we found out the oven does not work. I took the RV to Camping World in Feb to have it repaired under warranty. Prior to going I made an appointment, I didn't just show up. Again I asked for the MAXXAIR vents and this time it was a different service person.

No Problem he said. After weeks of waiting they said they had to order parts and those would be in on March 15. I went and picked up the RV on March 10 ( with new MAXXAIR covers installed) to use for spring break and took it back to them on April 8 to finish the repair. The parts were in I was told.

As of today, May 17, I still do not have my RV back. They are replacing parts and then discover that didn't fix the problem so they will order different parts. There seems to be no type of trouble shooting to find the problem, just replace parts. I have talked to Heartland multiple times and they can't believe this has taken so long .

Two close friends have purchased new RV's this year and after seeing what we are going through they didn't even...

This was my second RV to purchase from them but it is definitely my last one.I can't imagine my experience being an isolated case when it comes to getting repairs done .I am so glad we are not full time RVers going through this.

San Antonio, Texas, United States #1216943

They suck.Do not buy from them.

Even the general manager does not respond to phone calls and emails. Very disappointed that spent my hard earned money with a company that's doesn't care.

Pathetic company.Wish there was more I could to to get back at them.

Great service, great salesperson, very professional...awesome delivery of our new 2016 Thor Motorcoach.Thank you Ted Looney for your undivided attention and service.

Our coach looks beautiful and my girls are excited!!!The Sáenz Family.