I  purchased a Kodiak travel trailer from Camping world at Tampa in May of 2013.Ever since I have taken the trailer out it has been nothing but trouble.

The sales people are very good and professional  but once the service department takes over the story is very different.First , as part of the sales of this 40k trailer , I did my research with regards to the type of hitch setup I needed and I specifically ask for a particular type.After chasing the parts  person over the course of a few days I was assured they had the hitch I wanted.The day to pick up my travel trailer came and when it came to install the hitch I wanted, I noticed it was not the one I wanted and after I told the service part person he played dumb and told me that that was the one he had and if I did not want it I would have to stop by another day to pick up my trailer, like my time was not important and I did the mistake instead of them.I took  recommended hitch and needless to say I almost got into a wrenck since the hitch given to me by the dealer was far from adecuate.To sum up the rest of the story.

I have taken the trailer back to the dealer four times due to multiple roof leaks ,shower leak and water damage to the to upholstery and wood trims in the slides .The latest being a broken A/C unit .Just today the service department had the guts to call me in order for me to remove the hitch they themselves installed  and that I had to get on my own at another place because of their mistake , since they state they cannot move my trailer to get it repaired with the hitch on.sure they can put the hitch   on and charge me but to remove it so they can work on the triailer is anathema to them !This is the worse place for you to get any vehicle or service at .stay away if you value your money and time .

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

Orlando, Florida, United States #720256

I know what you are saying, to begin Camping World doesn't have any service tech that know what that know what they are doing. I had to take my motor home to another dealer to get simple jobs done because camping world would not do it. After the sale the service is ***.

Is there a lawyer out there that would take all these cases under a class action law suit.It seems like there is more than enough cases all over the nation to warrant a class action.

It seems like its more a management problem than anything else. I had mine 5months and down 2 and half months. My friend had his 2months and down 1 and half.

Ours were new.We caught