1.1K views

Campingworld Colfax, NC8615 Triad Drive Colfax, North Carolina 27235 888-551-6152336-996-6661

I was charged $518.30 to replace a toilet water valve, tighten items under the kitchen sink and test the water system (which I am now skeptical about). They refused to call the extended warranty company. Now I know why. I provided the info. After paying the bill, I called my extended warranty company and mentioned that Camping World said that they (the warranty company) wouldn't cover any of the cost. The warranty company's response was "How does Camping World know that ?" I now have to submit paper work to see if they will pay at least some of it.

They also corroborated the following email comments related to time it takes to make the toilet repairs from the independent I will now use :

QUOTEHi Christopher. I hear horror stories every day. I had a customer who Camping World in Greensboro told him he needed a 5 thousand dollar roof job. I found Absolutely nothing wrong with his roof when he called me for a second opinion.With regards to your hitch, I am insured to do "RV" work. I am not insured to do work on your vehicle. I recommend Raleigh Hitch on Capital Blvd. By the way, I looked in my catalog to be sure, if you have a Thetford toilet, the water module valve is $31.99 list price. Dealer price is like $25.00 I'm curious to know what they charged you for the valve. It takes about 10 minutes to pull the toilet, 10 minutes to change the valve, and probably 15 minutes to re-install the toilet.Camping World has gotten too big for their britches. Now that they're in bed with Good Sam, maybe folks will figure out how big a rip off they are. I'm a two man company and I can beat their club member prices for parts.UNQUOTE

If your in the Triangle or Triad area of North Carolina I would suggest getting in touch with

North Carolina R.V. Solutions Inc.www.ncrvinc.com919 522 6731

Stay away from Camping World Colfax, NC if at all possible.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

Burlington, North Carolina, United States #869719

They told me I had to buy the same thermostat for my camper and I had to get numbers off thermostat and unit and they would have to order it.After I researched it I went to Walmart and bought one and it work fine.

They said it would not work.

I think they need to get some service guys that knows something about campers or was they just trying to rip me off?They won't get any more bussiness from me.

Nashville, Tennessee, United States #816335

The combination of Camping World and Good Sam's is not too good either. Like a bad marriage that is heading to divorce.

crosendaul
Buckeye, Arizona, United States #801434

Stat away from ALL camping world service departments. Total idiots.

Well I won't even go there to look for my new RV thanks for the heads up!

Colfax, North Carolina, United States #748379

Camping World of Colfax has a highly reputable Service Department along with their technicians.The pricing is discussed upfront and the customer must agree to the service work to be done along with the price before the work is complete.

We have over 8 technicians with a total of 200 years of experience.

Please feel free to call and speak to our Service Manager or General Manager.We want 100% Customer Satisfaction.

to CampingWorld #817702

BULL !9.5 out of 10 people Ive talked to who visit Campingworld have complaints about knowledge, cost, customer service and service accuracy.

Sorry ...best think to do is come clean and take your lumps !!

to Anonymous #1161858

I 100% agree with you. They will tell you a lie in a minute. I regret I ever purchased a camper from them.

to CampingWorld Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States #1335971

Not sure what has changed in the last month but they have a new guy in service that is amazing.He's not the service manager but another title that takes care of the advisors, customers and techs.

I call him when I need help and he always takes care of me.

I wish I remembered his name!I do know he came from the dealer across the highway and is new to Camping World.