Wayne, Illinois
2.0

I purchased a brand new camper from Camping World-Chicago.

On our "walk through" where they were showing us how everything works the tech told us that this unit did not come with an in line water filter (even though the manufacturer supplied the camper with a filter cartridge and filter wrench). His exact words were, "they just throw these items in all campers". After I got the unit home the idea that they "throw them in all campers" did not sit well with me so I did some investigating.................and guess what????? I found the filter housing by the water heater. Why would they have someone showing me how to use my new camper who didn't know much about the unit????

Next, on our first trip out we discovered that the propane grill, that came with the camper, was not usable. The hose that comes out of the side of the camper was not long enough to attach to the grill. So much for a nice steak dinner on our first trip.........

When I returned from my trip I sent my salesman (Jim Wheeler) an e-mail describing the problems listed above. To this day (over one month later) he has never contacted me. I guess since he has been paid his commission he does not care about me anymore.

Next, I contacted Camping World (corporate) via e-mail through their website. They replied to my e-mail saying, "someone will be in contact with you within 24 hours". Again, to this day nobody has ever contacted me.

Lastly, I called Camping World Chicago and spoke to the sales manager and he told me that my salesman would get back to me. Guess what????? He never did!!!!

This is the worst case of poor customer service I have ever encountered.

*** PLEASE *** FOR YOUR OWN GOOD **** DO NOT BUY FROM THEM ***

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Camping World. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Camping World to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Camping World and camping world sales manager for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

jimhaysret
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States #1012157

Had the exact same issue with Camping World in Edmond Oklahoma with a 2015 Jayco Greyhawk.Dealer wanted install a filter for $200.

Found the filter myself behind a screwed in panel in storage compartment.

Very bad design for a item that has to be changed frequently.RV has been in the shop for 3 weeks to be looked at for the short gas hose.