Very disappointed in the service department. This is long but thought I needed to share.

The most dishonest and poorest customer service I have ever experienced. While going over the camper before a long trip, I noticed a slideout cable was previously frayed and probably needed replaced(2 months old). So I called Camping World, the gentleman on the phone said there was no doubt I needed to bring it in. I told him we need it in two weeks for our long trip.

He said that should be no problem. I took it up on June 19 and checked it in with Jessica. Again, She stated it should be no problem to get it done in two weeks. The warranty work was approved by Keystone on June 20.

Jessica told me as soon as she had ETA on parts she would let me know. After several days (calls and emails) and no ETA, on June 27 I called Jessica. She stated that she still didn’t have ETA. I ask her if that was typical to not have a ETA seven days later.

(Even when something is backordered I get an ETA) She said yes this time of year is busy, which I understand. I decided to see if I could order from Keystone but they don’t sell retail. So the CR at Keystone ran my VIN# and told me work was approved June 20 but no parts have been ordered by CW. She also said that the cable is a stock part.

She asked who I was working with at CW. She put me on hold and called CW. Within minutes, she came back and told me she was overnighting the cable and my camper would be ready on June 29. On June 28, Jessica calls and says my camper is ready.

She stated they had a cable in stock (not factory but they made one ) and didn’t need the cable from Keystone. On June 29, I pick up my camper and asked Jessica is someone could walk through it with me. She stated they don’t do that but she reassured me their QA guy approved it. When I get home, I slide it out and the cable is hanging.

I send pictures and call Jessica. She transfers me to Casey. Casey stated if I could bring it back on June 30 (next day) she would get Coleman on it and fill my gas tank up. So I did and was there at 8am.

Coleman told me the part he needed was shipped from Keystone (ordered June 27) but was at the delivery warehouse and wouldn’t be delivered until Monday. I told him we were leaving on Sunday. He said they might can us the cable on there or he had one in stock. I stayed in Chattanooga for 6 hrs waiting.

Coleman calls and states he couldn’t use the one on there and they installed the one in stock but when they went to hook it up it was too short. He told me I could still use my slideout and it would be fine or wait until Monday. We couldn’t wait until Monday. We have already waited two weeks when no parts were ordered.

So on our trip (with instruction from Coleman) we had to hold top cable while running slide in and out, also push remaining slide in by hand. He told me to schedule a day when we get back to repair. He filled my tank and we left. Yesterday, we called Jessica to schedule a day for repairs.

She said we would have to leave it and they would get to it. I told her we had left it last time for two weeks and it didn’t get repaired. Also, I was told to schedule a day service. She transferred me to Casey.

From the get go Casey was very rude. She asked me if my camper was useable. I told her yes but I wanted to get it repaired. They had it 2 weeks before and didn’t fix it correctly then.

She again stated “is your camper usable. I said yes but that’s not the point. A car without oil is usable until it stops running. She said if you want a day service you will have to wait until August 2 since it’s usable.

I stated, I spent a lot of money and have only had the camper for 2 months. She stated everyone spends a lot of money and I don’t care if it sits here until December. If you want it fixed leave it or wait until August 2. I know I’m one of a million plus campers but I promise I will tell everyone I run into to stay away from Camping World.

Casey is the rudest person I have ever dealt with. Just be honest and have good people skills!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Camping World Rv Repair.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 18.

Comments