I contaced camping world and made arrangements to have the generator fixed, have a satelite receiver installed and a few other issues, before our 3 week vacation. We scheduled for the Motor Home to go in 4 days before our vacation started. We were told there should be no problem getting it taken care of, in fact they would have it done in two days. On the morning of the second day I received a call telling me the generator needed a starter, and they would call me right back with an estimate. Later that afternoon I received a call telling me it would probably be best if I took the Motorhome to the generator dealer and have them fix it. Because the generator dealer could not get to it for two weeks I called Camping World back and told them they would need to complete the repairs. They told me they couldn't do it until the next week. I finally insisted that awas not acceptable. I then got a call back saying they would install the starter the following day, (now the third day). They also then informed me that they could not program the Satelite receiver they had just installed, (and charged $119 just to plug it in).

Camping world said the unit would be done by the end of the day on the third day. We arrived to pick it up 20 minutes before closing and it was not done. They said it was taking longer and they still needed about 45 minutes and wanted to finish the next day. I refused because we were already late in leaving for our trip. They reluctantly agreed to keep working and finished up in about an hour.

Two of the additional items we asked them to do, were to fix the refrigerator, it was not cooling on gas, and to install a trailer brake controller. When we hooked up our trailer we discovered the brake controller was not working. On the second day of our trip the refrigerator was just barely cool. We stopped by on our way out of town and they fixed the brake controller. They told us they could look at the refrigerator for nearly 2 weeks and it didn't matter to them that they had just worked on it. Then they told us that if a RV refrigerator lights but doesn't cool enough the only option is to replace it. Earlier this same person told me the purpose of my inverter was to convert 110v A/C to 12v DC.

By the way after paying around $500 to have the generator fixed, it won't start again. I did call the customer service number for Camping World Headquarters. They told me someone would check into the situation and call me back. It has been more than a week and no call yet. I paid $1,900 for the repairs, my refrigerator still doesn't work, the dash air isn't cooling again, I had to call the satelite dish manufacturer and spend about 15 minutes on the phone with them to program the dish (camping world refused to make that call), my generator won't start.

I WILL NEVER DARKEN THE DOOR OF A CAMPING WORLD LOCATION ANYWHERE.

Review about: Camping World Repair.

Comments