West Blocton, Alabama
2.2
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

We called Camping World of Calera to have some warranty work done to our Forest River Wildcat.When I called they told me they I could bring it down there in two weeks.

I was fine with that and waited two weeks and brought it down that morning of July 30/2016. There were a couple people in front of me and I waited until it was my turn. I gave them a list of problems we had with our 5th wheel about 12 in all. Everything from broken hinges to fresh water not registering on the meter to the awning separating.

The service advisor told me he would be on vacation the following week but assured me they would be working on my camper while he was gone. So I left it there for the first week and waited until the following Tuesday to call him and see how it was going. I was told everything was going well and that they were still looking at it. I said ok and waited again and called back that Friday to see if everything was getting done.

I was told they ordered the parts and that 3 of the things they could not find anything wrong with. So I explained to them where they problem was and they said ok I will go out right now and take a look at it. Well another week goes by and I call to see if the parts have come in and they tell me no not yet. So I decide to call Forest River to find out that the delay is.

Forest River informs me that no parts have been ordered for my camper. I call Camping world back and I’m told they will call me back. That was on a Tuesday. I never hear anything back so I call everyday that week and get the same response that someone will call me back.

I can say with all the calls I have made they might have called me back twice. Well they finally order my parts three weeks after I bring it in. ( I find out later that they didn’t ever look at my camper until the Thursday. Why make an appointment for Saturday and keep it 5 days before even looking at it.) So I finally get the service manager at Camping World and its just a nightmare.

Excuse after excuse not taking ownership for any of it. The parts are on order now he tells me. I said I was told that before and they straight out lied to me. So now I call Forest River and they tell me everything is in except the window and awning and that it will go out right away.

Well I guess right away means when ever they get to it because I have been calling they now trying to find out when they will ship my parts. At first they said they had everything but then changed there mind and said they were waiting on a part. When I questioned them on it and said you told me it was in last week he checked and said oh yes it is in we will get this out today. Well today was 6 days ago.

He said call me tomorrow and I’ll give you the tracking info on it. Well I have called everyday last week and got the same thing. Call me back tomorrow and I’ll have it for you. After talking to the Parts manager at Forest River I finally got informed that they are shipping everything except the awning and window today and gave me that tracking info.

They have had my 5th wheel for over 6 weeks now and by the time they get the parts it will be Friday or Monday and then they have to install them I will be looking at 2 months that they have had my camper. My wife would like to know who is going to make the 2 months worth of payments because we have not had the camper.

I’m at my wits ends not sure what way to turn on this hole thing.The sad part is even when we get it back next week I will still have to bring it back for the window and awning.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $600. The author is overall dissatisfied with Camping World. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments