1.3

I originally purchased a travel trailer from CamperWorld Columbia Sc in January 2015. I have been trying to obtain warranty work since February. My wife and I have now traveled across the lower half of the states contacting or stopping at every CamperWorld along the way and were told they had no appointments available, to leave our coach there for up to 30 days and they would try and work on it.

That would be ok if we didn't live in ours full time. Finally arriving in Phoenix I contacted them once again and forced an appointment for July 5th. We were staying with friends so dropping off the coach a few days earlier was not a problem or so we thought.... On July 27 we called them to arrange the drop off only to be told we couldn't. After calling several times we finally we able to talk with the manager of this lot and he told us to bring in the unit and offered to set us up on a working spot. We declined that offer.

The service manager we spoke with was rude and argumentave. He did say if they could look at it sooner they would. We called them on August 5th in the early morning to make sure that the coach would be ready that evening only to be told that they did not yet have approval from the manufacturer for the repairs. This not sounding right to me I called the manufacturer and in fact they had given the approval for the repairs on the 27th of July. We had to pull some personal papers so we headed to the dealer, we spoke with our service manager to be told that just before we walked in they had received approval from the manufacturer for the repairs. I called him on his lie immediately, telling him I already had spoke to the manufacturer and that the approval was in fact granted on the 27th.

The ONLY REPAIR that day that occurred was a loose outlet under a cabinet in the kitchen. All the other parts had to be ordered. ( hot water heater pop off valve, stove top and grate, light fixture and a wiring strap, thermostat and a small blind part.). We were guarenteed that the parts would arrive with in two weeks, 18th of August, today is the 5th of September and we are still waiting for parts.

We picked up our coach on the 6th of August and parked a few miles north of Phoenix. We tried to open the pop out only to find that it would not open as they had drained our batteries and not recharged them. I plugged in the coach which allowed us to open the pop out, it groaned moved about 3 inches and stopped. We closed it and tried again this time to have it open. As my wife looked down at the floor she saw a large tear in the floor vinyl with a plumbing tool laying in the middle of the tear. The service department had left a tool on our floor, closed the pop out. Their service tech that worked on the hot water heater removed the unit from our coach and we he replaced it back taped the wires together and the box they go in simply because he couldn't close this box properly.he also left off the hot wire so when we tried to heat our water it didn't work. At some point as they were moving our coach from place to place the also damaged the propane cover.

I called the corporate offices of camping world and started to complain. We have been assured that they will repair our floor and replace the propane cover once all the parts come in. So at this time we are in limbo, contaplainting pulling the loan on this unit and just leaving it at camper world and purchasing something else at a different dealership. This drama to be continued......

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Jmdean1420 stated that there is a room for improvement of lack of accountability and hold time and customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss warranty issue of camping world part replacement and associated monetary loss in the amount of $25000. Camping World needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned camping world part replacement in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments