1.1K views

Update by user Jul 01, 2013

Sent a copy of this post to Camping World....did not get any response from them at all, and really don't care.They have lost our business and I will be sure to let others know.

We are making arrangements to do business with another RV place in a nearby town, who has no problem replacing stuff we request to be replaced without charging a diagnostic fee to do so.

Camping World is a true rip off, especially the one in Akron Ohio!BEWARE IF YOU ARE GETTING YOUR CAMPER WORKED ON THERE!

Original review posted by user May 31, 2013

We called Camping World of Akron Ohio because we had a Forest River Wildcat 5th Wheel that needed a Gas Solenoid Valve on our hot water heater, because it was not working properly.We asked for an appointment to bring it in and have it replaced.

We had already asked a technician on Forest River Forums about our problem and knew that we needed it replaced. Of Course, we were told, to bring it in, and we could wait for the work to be done and take it home the same day. It would only take an hour or so. We ended up having to leave it, and they had it for 1 week.

We were then told when we made the appointment that the part was $59.95, plus labor. But the Service Manager claimed that his people would never tell us that. After that mix up, when we brought it in, even after telling the girl at the desk why it was coming in, the paperwork had the technician looking for a darn water leak. We were forced to leave the 5th wheel there, because they did not have the part they claimed to have when we called in.

One week later, we were sitting there waiting again while they replace the part (gas solenoid valve). The representatives in service were rude to us and when I asked for a Service Manager I never got him, when we were to check out. One lady there, not sure who she was, was arguing with us about there charges. I made it clear to her, that we were not told about a diagnostic charge for the gas solenoid valve because we were told there would be a charge for the part and labor only.

Furthermore, why would I pay $59.95 for that when I already knew what we needed on the hot water heater. They gave us some line and dance about safety and they cannot replace that unless they check it out first. What if I just want a new part on my hot water heater? They also were threatening to hold our camper hostage because now they claim that both our gas tanks will not shut off!

What? When we brought it in the technician had no trouble with the gas tanks. They were claiming that we need (2) new tanks otherwise they could not let us leave because of safety issues. We ended up signing a waiver of some type, did manage to leave, and got the diagnostic taken off, but got a lecture from one of the representatives in service this is there rule and for the next visit to remember this.

I told her there will not be any more visits to this Camping World, ever. When we got home, my husband found not one thing wrong with the gas tanks, as we had thought, because we had just had one filled 3 weeks ago and the valve was checked then and there was no problem with it.

Needless to say I have absolutely no confidence in this Camping World in Akron Ohio and warn anyone getting any work done there.Terrible service and they are just wanting to take you for all you got.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

Volant, Pennsylvania, United States #730910

I agree with Amish girl.My wife and I just had a really bad day with them and I am going to publish the whole account on this site.

Someone in higher levels needs to know what is going on at the ground level as these people are costing the owners and Camping World a LOT of money in lost business due to these rude, incompetent people working at the Akron CW site.

I think its called Siprilla?Totally unsatisfactory service from Sales AND their service desks.

you hit the nail on the head there sir....they no.1 can not hold your rig because of a suspected safety issue. no.2 they just wanted to charge you a huge fee for extra work that you didnt need in the first place...tip. if there is a problem with your rig in the future..fix it yourself..there is enough info online now to do almost all without taking it to these crooked dealers...just take the time to get the info needed to handle it on your own, take care.