Camping World 2016 Forest River Vibe 268Rks Review

29 of 1188 Camping World reviews

Update added by user Nov 14

Slide wire broken and damaged

Cable TV not working

Tongue jack light not working

Stove cover missing

Gas hose for outside grill missing

Original review posted by user Nov 13

Camping world in Asheville is the worst experience in my lifetime.

Rude, lazy, unorganized, ignorant, never pick up the phone, never call back an if you accidentally get someone on the phone, they brush you off an lying. Oh and if you drop by without a appointment, they don't like that at all.

I bought a 20k+ expensive travel trailer even though i was warned by reviews. Never should had done it. Why i bought there was, they was the only dealer around 100 miles who had the specific camper, a forest river vibe 2268rks. Thay gave us a similar price like rv wholesale in ohio, so we bought it. That was the good part. On our first trip, we experienced issues, wire from slide out broken, tv connector no function, tongue jack light not working and brakes rubbing and locking up. During our 4 day stay we tried to call camping world at least 20 times to tell them, we drop the camper off on our way back home.

No, no friendly hello- just: you have an appointment? Well i said, if you would had picked up the phone, you would know, why im here. They literally refused to help us, until we talked to the manager. What followed was 5 weeks ignoring our calls, blaming forest river, lying and then no answer at all. They even told us, forest river declined warranty. We was already in contact with forest river and knew they where lying. Forest river never received a warranty work order from camping world and we got confirmed, all parts are available and ready to be sent out as soon as they have the request. Forest river even tried to call camping world, but they never picked up or returned the call. We cave camping world the phone number and the manager said- this is not how they work : don't tell us, how we have to do our jobs. After hearing nothing for 2 more weeks, i decided to go up there. My camper was in the last corner, filthy dirty together with at least 20 other obviously not repaired trailers. Of course untouched. I was steaming and admit, not nice and loud. Well, who would be not? Funny how people react, when you treat them with the same respect they treat you. The manager ,a young guy pulled the principal ofice number and wanted to tell me, how i have to talk to them and he - and i cite- said: we did not received parts, forest river refuses waranty and this is what you get, when you complain and tell us, how to do our job". Yes, he really said it and exactly this way. I just answered : hold your breath, young man, I'm here to pick it up.

He literally kicked me out, guarded me to the counter to get the key and the guy who pulled my camper up handled it very rough. I just didn't want to make more trouble, but this experience - im not the only one, treated this way, as i learned from other reviews.

For the future - i will avoid camping world like the devil holy water and urge everyone else to do so too, until they learn, how to treat good customers.

The worst thing- now every time i look at my camper, i think abou this under earthly *** decision i made, to buy something from them. One is for sure- i need a lot of stuff- but i will not ever spend another dime at camping world.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
29 of 1188 Camping World reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Camping World. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Camping World.
Filing a new complaint about
×