Clifford, Virginia

Came across a new 2016 Coleman Lantern CTS16FB at the Camping World - Fayettevill, NC. We need a smaller 2-person lightweight trailer for our 2008 Toyota Highlander Sport with the towing package rated up to 5000 lbs. I did not want to spend more than $10,000. OK, I knew that would greatly narrow the field of options. I also got us pre-approved.

The new 2016 Coleman Lantern at CW-Fayetteville was marked down to $11K. Layout is perfect for the two of us. We are both tall and in our sixties and ready to travel the back roads.

I visited another nearby CW within our state to see a 2017 model that has same layout as the 2016 and was pleased with layout and accessories. I really like the walk around queen bed at one end of the trailer. Perfect for us.

I got back to CW-Fayetteville and gave them the green light to write it up. After several requests both to the business manager and sales associate, I finally received the breakdown list of charges. I was shocked and pissed.

They added 1,485 Destination950 Prep350. Document299. Prewired electric brake control

Are you fricking kidding me? We just purchased a new Subaru Forester and didn't have anything close to this (destination and dealer prep).

And, is it normal practice to add the cost for the prewired electric brakes?

I have notified both the business manager and sales associate that these excessive charges are a definite deal breaker and that I have been obtaining other pricing on the 2017 models! The ball is in their court..

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Camping World. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments