Clifford, Virginia

Came across a new 2016 Coleman Lantern CTS16FB at the Camping World - Fayettevill, NC. We need a smaller 2-person lightweight trailer for our 2008 Toyota Highlander Sport with the towing package rated up to 5000 lbs. I did not want to spend more than $10,000. OK, I knew that would greatly narrow the field of options. I also got us pre-approved.

The new 2016 Coleman Lantern at CW-Fayetteville was marked down to $11K. Layout is perfect for the two of us. We are both tall and in our sixties and ready to travel the back roads.

I visited another nearby CW within our state to see a 2017 model that has same layout as the 2016 and was pleased with layout and accessories. I really like the walk around queen bed at one end of the trailer. Perfect for us.

I got back to CW-Fayetteville and gave them the green light to write it up. After several requests both to the business manager and sales associate, I finally received the breakdown list of charges. I was shocked and pissed.

They added 1,485 Destination950 Prep350. Document299. Prewired electric brake control

Are you fricking kidding me? We just purchased a new Subaru Forester and didn't have anything close to this (destination and dealer prep).

And, is it normal practice to add the cost for the prewired electric brakes?

I have notified both the business manager and sales associate that these excessive charges are a definite deal breaker and that I have been obtaining other pricing on the 2017 models! The ball is in their court..

Product or Service Mentioned: 2016 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern Cts16fb Rv.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 25, 2016.

Comments