3.3

I will give a little back story first.We were recently in the market for a new travel trailer.

The family had outgrown ours, a Jayco Jayflight 26BH. We knew we wanted a quality TT because we have 3 kids and 2 dogs. We also wanted a pantry in the kitchen, at least 2 slides and actual doors in the bedrooms instead of curtains. We went to camping world to take a look at the inventory.

We were met by our salesman J*****. I will say that he was a very nice, attentive salesman. If he worked somewhere else, he would probably do great. We were interested in a Heartland Mallard as it had everything we wanted in a TT.

The price was O.K., not great. I talked with our salesman about the normal stuff, trade in, tax tag and title, and any manufacturer discounts. He runs some numbers and what he came back with boggled my mind!! There trade in offer was $6000 less than the other dealers we went and visited.

I said absolutely not! Exit J** and enter the sales manager. He tried to explain to me how they have so many bunk houses for this price and that and he could never recoup his money off of my trade. He then acted like he would try to get more money for it.

He comes back with a new number, only $4000 less than the other dealers! Another thing is now the sales price has changed, to the tune of $12,000! He tried explaining that he couldnt sell me that TT at the sale price and give me "so much" money for my trade. He then asked if I would be open to another brand.

I said sure, if it were the same quality. He shows me a 2015 Pioneer. I dont recall the exact model but it was a 35' with 2 slides and a back room. No pantry, no doors for the rooms and no storage space.

The cabinet doors were so flimsy that went you pulled them to open, they bowed out about 4" before opening! My wife and I said absolutely not! If i am going to spend that kind of money, i want what i want, NO COMPROMISE!! He then proceeded to tell me all the great things about this coach.

I said i still wasnt interested. He said he would throw in a $250 gift card to buy storage tubs because of the lack of storage. What a joke. As we were leaving he gave me a workup sheet to think about.

The price of the trailer, FULL MSRP! The sale price was $14,000 less. My trade, $4,000 less. Plus, Camping World charges a $1800 demo and prep fee!

Needless to say i didnt buy from them. He manager said i wasnt serious enough. Well, i went the next day and bought exactly what were were looking for and for the price we wanted to pay. My advice is to stay well clear of Camping World.

They will try to push you into a unit you dont want at a price that is insanely high.Go to one of the other various RV dealers around.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of 2015 heartland pioneer rv. Camping World needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned 2015 heartland pioneer rv in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments