Camping World 2012 Forest River 24rls Rv Review from Gulf Breeze, Florida

150 of 1188 Camping World reviews

I bought a 2012 fifth wheel about 2 months ago from Camping World in Gulf Breeze.They held my camper there about 1-2 weeks as I was unable to move it to my lot until I was approved for it.

I moved my belongings in there and packed it full. I didn't have room for my sewing machine table so I put it under my fifth wheel overhang tightly against the camper. A few employees saw us moving our belongings and I said that I didn't want my table thrown away. I come back a week or so later and can't find it.

After some searching I talked with a manager days later and he told me that he threw it away. He said they don't run a storage facility and he didn't know who it belonged to. Common sense would tell me that it would belong to the person who's camper it was under. It had an extra set of car keys to my new car, craft supplies that I planned on using to make money with, medicine, I believe the cords to my expensive sewing machine, and who knows what else.

He said it was all thrown away but who knows if an employee took the car keys and plan on taking the car one day or going in it to take my belongings. (I live close to this place).

Soon after getting my camper I noticed the slide out sloping in the middle. It feels unsteady- like not much weight could be put on it.

I called a different manager and he came over the same day with a service employee. He said he'll talk to the higher ups and see what he can do. When I called back he said that they declined being able to fix it because it's a used camper. They offered me a $50-$100 gift card for their store for them throwing away my table and other belongings.

How am I supposed to buy back what was lost with that? Before I had the camper put on my lot I noticed there was a trail of dried liquid coming from the window. I showed an employee and he said it probably wasn't from a leak. About a week ago we noticed water on both sides of the slide out.

We tore up the carpet and found water damage on the sides and the middle of the slide out. Now we know why the slide out was unsturdy and unlevel. There's also a hole there so it's not sealed and any bug that wants to can try and make its way in. I put some bug repellent down so hopefully that'll help keep them away for now.

When I talked to the manager again I told him that I would like to find out about getting rid of the camper or trading it for a different one. He said he would look into it. Getting in touch with him has been very difficult. I finally had to go into the store to talk with him.

He said that they can't just take the camper back, that they'd have to do a trade for it. I would think if I bought a lemon camper they'd have to return it. It's not that big of a deal for me as I found another camper that I'm interested in. It's at a different Camping World location.

Maybe that's why I haven't heard back from him this time. I'm a student and disabled veteran on a limited income and this has been a disappointing experience for me. My neighbor bought a camper from them and it leaked from day 1. They've spent thousands trying to repair it.

Camping World tried to fix it for them 3 times and it still leaked.I'm hoping Camping World will do something about both cases.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 3 Yes 3 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
150 of 1188 Camping World reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.