Camping World 2012 Forest River 24rls Rv Review from Gulf Breeze, Florida
I bought a 2012 fifth wheel about 2 months ago from Camping World in Gulf Breeze.They held my camper there about 1-2 weeks as I was unable to move it to my lot until I was approved for it.
I moved my belongings in there and packed it full. I didn't have room for my sewing machine table so I put it under my fifth wheel overhang tightly against the camper. A few employees saw us moving our belongings and I said that I didn't want my table thrown away. I come back a week or so later and can't find it.
After some searching I talked with a manager days later and he told me that he threw it away. He said they don't run a storage facility and he didn't know who it belonged to. Common sense would tell me that it would belong to the person who's camper it was under. It had an extra set of car keys to my new car, craft supplies that I planned on using to make money with, medicine, I believe the cords to my expensive sewing machine, and who knows what else.
He said it was all thrown away but who knows if an employee took the car keys and plan on taking the car one day or going in it to take my belongings. (I live close to this place).
Soon after getting my camper I noticed the slide out sloping in the middle. It feels unsteady- like not much weight could be put on it.
I called a different manager and he came over the same day with a service employee. He said he'll talk to the higher ups and see what he can do. When I called back he said that they declined being able to fix it because it's a used camper. They offered me a $50-$100 gift card for their store for them throwing away my table and other belongings.
How am I supposed to buy back what was lost with that? Before I had the camper put on my lot I noticed there was a trail of dried liquid coming from the window. I showed an employee and he said it probably wasn't from a leak. About a week ago we noticed water on both sides of the slide out.
We tore up the carpet and found water damage on the sides and the middle of the slide out. Now we know why the slide out was unsturdy and unlevel. There's also a hole there so it's not sealed and any bug that wants to can try and make its way in. I put some bug repellent down so hopefully that'll help keep them away for now.
When I talked to the manager again I told him that I would like to find out about getting rid of the camper or trading it for a different one. He said he would look into it. Getting in touch with him has been very difficult. I finally had to go into the store to talk with him.
He said that they can't just take the camper back, that they'd have to do a trade for it. I would think if I bought a lemon camper they'd have to return it. It's not that big of a deal for me as I found another camper that I'm interested in. It's at a different Camping World location.
Maybe that's why I haven't heard back from him this time. I'm a student and disabled veteran on a limited income and this has been a disappointing experience for me. My neighbor bought a camper from them and it leaked from day 1. They've spent thousands trying to repair it.
Camping World tried to fix it for them 3 times and it still leaked.I'm hoping Camping World will do something about both cases.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Value for money|
You May Also Like
- "So far service and sales have been great.. Took are new camper out and had a issue with landing gear contacted sales rep and he's trying to help but do..."
- "Agreed to sell my camper on consignment. Their profit, above mine was ridiculous- wanted $4,000 above my price. They agreed to detail and give an estimate for repairs- said my..."
- "I took my RV to camping world at ST.Augustine FL. first lie Stephen Phillips I bought new tires no problem I told Steve while you have the tires off check..."
- "I just bought a box of ritz crackers yesterday 10/16/15.. They are just the plain ones but they had peanut butter on them!!!!!!!! I'm so not ok with it!!!!..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "why is it that when i upgrade defences a few days later i have to upgrade again on same defence once i have maxed it for its town hall level..."
- "Purchased patio door from Lowe's. Went with this product on recommendation by contractor. *** move. Issue one. Door arrived with passive latch system broken. Lowes..."
- "Unpacked my purchases. Put the packet on my dresser along with other items in the bag. Later came back to put purchases away. The packet was stuck to my dresser...."