1.8
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

My wife and I had decided to buy a cheap pop up tent camper for our trip to nags head.After a few days of searching we found one listed on camping worlds website for $1,999.99 that seemed like a decent fit for our needs.

My wife called camping world at 8-9 am the following morning to see if it was still available and we were assured it was. After driving an hour to the fredricksburg VA location we were greeted by a woman who asked us our name and located the sales associate we had spoken to on the phone. (Before I go any further I have to say our sales associate Emily was great, had the company's policy's and bait and switch tactics not been so obviously abusive she could have sold me on a 30-40k camper.) well it turns out that camper had just sold but hey, that's okay we have another one that would fit your budget she said. Strike one.

We were shown two other used pop up campers and we liked one so awesome right? Not so much. The camper we had seen online was sitting in the rear "whole sale only" lot completely set up and oddly enough in the same spot and next to the same campers seen in the photos online. If my wife had not been vigilant we would of never seen it sitting out there almost 100 yards up the hill.

We asked her about it and she explained it must have been moved up there after it sold. Strike two camping world strike two. Once we got back inside to begin negotiations on the used popup my wife liked we were informed it would be around 4700 which seemed fair. Unfortunately 4700 was the sticker price plus 2000 dollars in fees which according to camping world consisted of a 697 dollar hitch to bumper inspection fee plus any parts and labor needed to fix any issues found, Virginia trailer inspection charge which by law can not cost more than 16 dollars and taxes, tags and title.

Strike three Once I heard the 697 plus parts and labor was going to be added to a camper they already had on their lot as a trade in before they could even sale it to us I decided to dig into online reviews. While I did so her manager came over to push the sale and started to speak with my wife. After reading a hand full of reviews I looked up ended the transaction and went to walk out stating to the manager had I read the reviews on this company we would have never wasted our time. He followed us to the doors and stopped me.

If I may say something, he stated. Online reviews have been around for awhile and are not always reliable(paraphrasing). Sadly what I read on pissed off consumer, Glassdoor, ripoffreport,etc etc were exactly what I had just experienced. No joke here folks that shady fella selling his old junk on Craigslist is more reputable than this company.

Avoid avoid avoid Also just added the jayco popup they "sold" looks like it's still for sale.http://rv.campingworld.com/searchresults?rv_type=towable&condition=new_used&subtype=FD&custompricerange=true&sort=featured_asc&zipsearch=true&search_mode=advanced&locations=TVA,AIR

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Golf cart ride, Emily our sales associate.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments