I purchased a Thor motorcoach on May 29th from your team and it has turned out to be one of the worst purchasing decisions of my life. I truly regret my decision.

We took one trip after buying the RV and:

Found ourselves and our dog trapped in the unit due to a malfunctioning dead bolt lock on the door. Escaping through the emergency exit window in the back would have been dangerous. After disappointing and frustration attempts for support on an early Friday evening from your service team and the road side assistance we purchased as part of the sale I finally had to disassemble the door latch from the inside. Including drilling out rivets so we could escape. I was able to reassemble the latch but not the lock. We spent the weekend in the RV without the security of a locked door.

Combine that with a bedroom slide window that was stuck open and would not close, a problem with the fan on the AC unit, a bathroom door that would not stay closed during transit, a blown fuse in one of the TVs, a radio unable to receive radio stations and a fresh water hose purchased at your store that leaked terrible, ultimately falling apart in my hands and you can imagine the disappointment and frustration.

I'd like to say that we took a second trip and had a better experience but the RV has sat at Camping World in Wauconda for the last 2 weeks waiting on warranty service and we've been told approval from Thor may take as long as a month, if they approve the repairs at all. by the way, not a helpful or friendly staff in the service department in Wauconda. They seem quite bothered every time we call after hearing no update. We'd like to go camping again! That's why we bought it.

I earn my living in the service business and expect my team to provide service that is of such high quality that our customers would be afraid to go anywhere else. I'd be embarrassed to receive this email.

I expected better,

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of customer service arrogance and service manager. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss warranty issue of thor motor coach and associated monetary loss in the amount of $2500. Camping World needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned thor motor coach in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments