Update by user Apr 18

Went to Camping World after work yesterday to talk to the Service Manager in person they claim its not their fault that the camper leaked after they fixed the slide even though the service tech checking me in said different.Well he said he didn't charge me for fixing the slide and we talked about getting new interior parts that had gotten warped from the water damage.

I think he was just blowing smoke because hes done it before.

I am willing to wait and see if they follow through this time.I doubt it and will keep posting updates.....

Update by user Apr 18

I think he was just blowing smoke because hes done it before.

Original review posted by user Apr 17

I have purchased a 2015 Heartland wilderness and have had nothing but problems.The first year we had roof problems where in 4 small spots where the camper cover had rubbed through the roof.

The service manager and the general manager are the ones that told me the $500 camper cover THEY sold me did it and I shouldn't of used a camper cover. During this heated discussion the Gen Mgr. tells me the extended warranty that I had purchased for the roof didn't cover it and I would have to just deal with it or claim it on my insurance (As the general manager is grinding his fist at me and my husband during the conversation as to be threatening which made my husband even more upset). Then something with the heat went out but it was a small part that warranty did cover.

Thank God! We literally took it out right after it was fixed and went that weekend to go camping and we get to Lexington and the slide wouldn't go out. It was fine before camping world....They did get it finally fixed but not without arguing about using that extended warrenty they talked me into but they finally did it under the warranty.And lets not mention how the floor was damaged and the panel they put back had nail marks filled with filler in it. I am not so happy......So I took it home covered it up and was so done with it and camping world.

(making sure there was something on the rubbed spots so it wouldn't happen again). Now all this is within 1 year of a brand new camper. So I open it up for the first time on Sunday and on Monday night we get a severe storm and what happens when we go into it on Wednesday... its leaking messing up the pressboard and soaking the carpet.

And we notice the slide is crooked the panel is water damaged and the bolts in the slide are coming out. It wasn't leaking before we had the slide fixed and it wasn't crooked. But guess what nope it wasnt there fault. they will even the slide but they wont fix the water damage or the floor.

I didn't notice it earlier because I literally brought it home and put the cover on but because that was last season it had to be my fault. They couldn't tell me why the slide was crooked and it had nothing to do with them fixing it last season. But the service guy that checked us in told us it was unacceptable work and it would be fixed . Until the service manager signed off on it he said it could of been a stick but there wasn't a stick in it .

Hello I just took the cover off I have no trees around my camper so where is this stick and how did it cause the slide to drop 2-3 inches. Way to stand by your work! Now that I'm done with my rant I hope you get something from this. I saw another camper once drive down the road with a huge cardboard lemon on it with camping worlds name on it now I know why.

I heard Jeff Johnson was a good place to go so I would definitely go there or anywhere else but Camping Worlds Service their products and Management are horrible.RUN!

I didn't like: Bad service, Customer service arrogance, Shotty work.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Heartland Rvs Rv
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Submit review

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.