Update by user Apr 18

Went to Camping World after work yesterday to talk to the Service Manager in person they claim its not their fault that the camper leaked after they fixed the slide even though the service tech checking me in said different.Well he said he didn't charge me for fixing the slide and we talked about getting new interior parts that had gotten warped from the water damage.

I think he was just blowing smoke because hes done it before.

I am willing to wait and see if they follow through this time.I doubt it and will keep posting updates.....

Update by user Apr 18

I think he was just blowing smoke because hes done it before.

Original review posted by user Apr 17

I have purchased a 2015 Heartland wilderness and have had nothing but problems.The first year we had roof problems where in 4 small spots where the camper cover had rubbed through the roof.

The service manager and the general manager are the ones that told me the $500 camper cover THEY sold me did it and I shouldn't of used a camper cover. During this heated discussion the Gen Mgr. tells me the extended warranty that I had purchased for the roof didn't cover it and I would have to just deal with it or claim it on my insurance (As the general manager is grinding his fist at me and my husband during the conversation as to be threatening which made my husband even more upset). Then something with the heat went out but it was a small part that warranty did cover.

Thank God! We literally took it out right after it was fixed and went that weekend to go camping and we get to Lexington and the slide wouldn't go out. It was fine before camping world....They did get it finally fixed but not without arguing about using that extended warrenty they talked me into but they finally did it under the warranty.And lets not mention how the floor was damaged and the panel they put back had nail marks filled with filler in it. I am not so happy......So I took it home covered it up and was so done with it and camping world.

(making sure there was something on the rubbed spots so it wouldn't happen again). Now all this is within 1 year of a brand new camper. So I open it up for the first time on Sunday and on Monday night we get a severe storm and what happens when we go into it on Wednesday... its leaking messing up the pressboard and soaking the carpet.

And we notice the slide is crooked the panel is water damaged and the bolts in the slide are coming out. It wasn't leaking before we had the slide fixed and it wasn't crooked. But guess what nope it wasnt there fault. they will even the slide but they wont fix the water damage or the floor.

I didn't notice it earlier because I literally brought it home and put the cover on but because that was last season it had to be my fault. They couldn't tell me why the slide was crooked and it had nothing to do with them fixing it last season. But the service guy that checked us in told us it was unacceptable work and it would be fixed . Until the service manager signed off on it he said it could of been a stick but there wasn't a stick in it .

Hello I just took the cover off I have no trees around my camper so where is this stick and how did it cause the slide to drop 2-3 inches. Way to stand by your work! Now that I'm done with my rant I hope you get something from this. I saw another camper once drive down the road with a huge cardboard lemon on it with camping worlds name on it now I know why.

I heard Jeff Johnson was a good place to go so I would definitely go there or anywhere else but Camping Worlds Service their products and Management are horrible.RUN!

Review about: Heartland Rvs Rv.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Bad service, Customer service arrogance, Shotty work.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

Update: So it's still at camping world because the slide and all the water damage from them not properly fixing the slide isn't fixed.We have called and called and left messages and nothing no return calls and when we go down there the only person that would know something about my camper is NEVER there.

You have a bunch of people standing around in service and no one can find your paperwork or keys. Not once but every time it's amazing..... So we had a planned short weekend trip on the 9/22 so i called repeatedly to see if it's been fixed yet because over a month ago Mike The service Manager said ALL the parts came in and i even broke it down to him (because he's lied to me before) and said the fascia for the slide and the veneer that is damaged by the stove and the fridge and he said yes. So finally they say I can pick it up and when I get there with my husband.....Guess What......Yep it wasn't all fixed.

Just the fascia for the slide was fixed. So Lisa in warrenty came outside and took one look at the slide and said nope its not fixed it has a big gap on the inside where it should be flush to the wall which is why it was leaking and all the blue tape that was put there for the veneer/cabinet damage is still there and she said it needs to be fixed. And on top of that there was fading on the front where it's been in the sun with service papers stuck to the front of it for almost a year. And some trim on the top was coming off.

It wasn't like that...

So now Lisa said she would order me a set and I requested all the service papers we had with them she said she would have them to me on Monday 9/25. What else could go wrong. I received this email after numerous calls to lisa for my service papers (so I can start a case against them)

Attached are the work orders from our shop at Camping World in Roanoke as you requested.

There are no parts on order. No repairs have been approved through Heartland.

The fascia replacement was a gesture of goodwill from our service manager.

Please let me know when you plan to pick up the camper as the work was completed September 7th and it needs to be removed from the property as soon as possible.

Lisa Stephens Warranty Administrator lstephens@campingworld.com 888-772-1230 Ext 1204 8198 Gander Way Roanoke, VA 24019 Nice! WOW! It took her 4 weeks to get me that paperwork she promised me on 9/25. I never received a call on the 7th.

I didn't know it was supposedly fixed until the week of Sept 18th. and Lisa told me to bring it back on 9/25 because the initial problem of the slide was still not fixed properly which caused it to leak in the first place. And that she will have all the other damages fixed and clean the camper for me when its done. I am currently seeking legal advice.

I emailed their corporate office yesterday 10/24 and Paula the GM calls me and asks whats wrong with my camper shes not familiar with me or my camper issues. So I asked Why are you calling me is it because I emailed corporate. She claims that she never got an email from corporate. Thats BS because why would you call me to tell me you not familiar with me or my camper issues.

I have talked to her several times. Maybe she should look into the problem before calling the customer so she doesn't look so incompetent.

DONE DONE DONE!!!!!!!I have no Idea how they stay in business!

UPDATE: Here it is August 4 2017 and the camper is still at camping world.My husband and I have called on numerous occasions and no one will call us back.

We have gone down there severval times and every time we do either the service manager is on vacation hes at another store or they cannot find the keys or the computers are down. Oh and it's very interesting how when i called this last time 3 x in a row telling them i will keep calling until he picks up.... he is miraculously there and answers the phone and said he hadnt recieved mine or my husbands numeous voice mails...and he will check on it and call my husband right back in a couple of minutes that was at 10 am its 11:17 am. Friday.

Not to mention the service guy said they'd call Monday. Well its Friday and i still have no answers. They say sorry try back tomorrow. REALLY!

You-ve had my camper since April.

I am so angry.They just need to buy the *** thing back from me