Very bad customer service!!
We recently bought a new 2016 Autumn ridge camper from Camping world of Chichester, NH in December .
They day we picked up our camper we spent more time signing paper work than actually learning about and checking out our camper for problems. They told us not to worry that we could report any problems in the spring when we brought it back for the rear panel repair. After all the paper work was signed everyone left an we were left there for 2 hours in the dark putting everything into our camper from the old one. We drove the camper home an parked it where it has stayed un used till be brought it back to campers world to be repaired.
I called and made an appointment to bring the camper in for the repair. When i later had to cancel the Appointment because of bad weather, they couldn’t even find that I had made one. I re-made the appointment and they said we were all set. We arrived for our Appointment on Tuesday . They again couldn't find our appointment. A half hour later they finally sent someone out to check us in. They then informed us that we had to leave the camper because it was a 16 hr. job. When I made the Appt. both times , I told them I would be waiting for the camper. They told me it would take 2 –3 hrs.. I said that was fine. So now we have to go all the way home 70 miles an come back . Also we have to pay $20 a day storage fee if we don’t make it back quickly when they are done with the repair. 1that they now made us wait 3 days for.
We had to make the service girl stay in the camper with us while we checked everything for problems and then showed what defects we found that were there when we bought it. It was mostly easy to fix repairs that they could have done quickly, but she refused saying it had to go through the warranty . I was told that if I now wanted my camper fixed under the warranty that I would have to wait my turn in line and deal with “the process”. Adding a couple pop in fasteners to the shower that were missing and fixing a bubble in the splash guard ( which we told her to just remove it and leave blank), should not require a warranty . They just want to get money for fixing something that would probably only cost them a few buck and 10 minutes.
I called the service manager and spoke to him about the bad customer service we received and he assured us the camper would be done by Friday. That he would do everything possible to make sure we were happy and would call us back. He never called back!!
On Friday morning I called after not hearing from anyone. I was told that the camper still was not done and they would call me later in the day with an update. No one called, so again I had to call them. Keep in mind that they had the camper since Tuesday . They didn’t even start working on my camper until Thursday according to the service dept. . When I called back I was told that the camper was taken all apart and they realized that they had the wrong panels. (if they had started the camper on Thursday they should have known that the panels were wrong. Obviously they didn’t start it till Friday morning. ) They put the camper back together and said I could come get it. ( if they could put the camper back together that quickly why would it take 16 hrs. to repair?) She said: When the parts came in again they would now need to have my camper for 2 weeks!!!!! Seriously !!!
At this point we were ready to leave the camper there permanently an go back to Vermont country campers were they bend over backwards to come to you and repair your camper if possible!
Once Camping World was paid for the camper, we no longer mattered to them. Just another number in the system! When you make an appointment you expect that they start working on your camper when you arrive for your Appt. Not three days later!! When they tell you it will be 2-3 hrs. it should be done. We are busy people and make an appointment for a reason, left work early, rushed there and find out we have to leave it.
So i know how you feel!!
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
What I liked
- How nice they are when your buying
What I disliked
- Customer care policy
- Service deptales practice or service dept
- Poor customer service and lack of follow up
- Dishonesty and disinterest
- Service dept lack of personality
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "DO NOT EVEN GRACE THE PROPERTY WITH YOUR PRESENCE. It may not be today or tomorrow but one day you will regret it! Went to purchase a camper. Signed contract...."
- "I bought a 1999 holiday rambler 36', the sales man told me to come down and look at it, so me and my wife went down, well the sales man..."
- "Excellent Customer Service at the Camping World in Jacksonville, FL. I bought a 2007 Coachman Freelander and car tow dolly with cash. I couldn't ask for better customer service. Our..."
- "Last Sunday we went to Lumber Liquidators to purchase some flooring. We got there and the salesperson was alone and it was fairly busy. He spent quite a bit of..."
- "We purchased a jar of Tostitos Queso Blanco Dip from Hannaford Supermarket in New Hampshire two days ago and after opening it and pouring some out we realized there was..."
- "My local HEB every time i buy fruit it has a day or 2 shelf life other than bananas. This past Sunday I went grocery shopping purchased some steak meat...."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."
- "Short story; been with Geico 20+ years w/out a ticket or accident. Got a DUI, was told I had to increase my insurance coverage. Fine; I was wrong so I..."