Bad customer service camping world NH

332 of 1188 Camping World reviews

Very bad customer service!!

We recently bought a new 2016 Autumn ridge camper from Camping world of Chichester, NH in December .

They day we picked up our camper we spent more time signing paper work than actually learning about and checking out our camper for problems. They told us not to worry that we could report any problems in the spring when we brought it back for the rear panel repair. After all the paper work was signed everyone left an we were left there for 2 hours in the dark putting everything into our camper from the old one. We drove the camper home an parked it where it has stayed un used till be brought it back to campers world to be repaired.

I called and made an appointment to bring the camper in for the repair. When i later had to cancel the Appointment because of bad weather, they couldn’t even find that I had made one. I re-made the appointment and they said we were all set. We arrived for our Appointment on Tuesday . They again couldn't find our appointment. A half hour later they finally sent someone out to check us in. They then informed us that we had to leave the camper because it was a 16 hr. job. When I made the Appt. both times , I told them I would be waiting for the camper. They told me it would take 2 –3 hrs.. I said that was fine. So now we have to go all the way home 70 miles an come back . Also we have to pay $20 a day storage fee if we don’t make it back quickly when they are done with the repair. 1that they now made us wait 3 days for.

We had to make the service girl stay in the camper with us while we checked everything for problems and then showed what defects we found that were there when we bought it. It was mostly easy to fix repairs that they could have done quickly, but she refused saying it had to go through the warranty . I was told that if I now wanted my camper fixed under the warranty that I would have to wait my turn in line and deal with “the process”. Adding a couple pop in fasteners to the shower that were missing and fixing a bubble in the splash guard ( which we told her to just remove it and leave blank), should not require a warranty . They just want to get money for fixing something that would probably only cost them a few buck and 10 minutes.

I called the service manager and spoke to him about the bad customer service we received and he assured us the camper would be done by Friday. That he would do everything possible to make sure we were happy and would call us back. He never called back!!

On Friday morning I called after not hearing from anyone. I was told that the camper still was not done and they would call me later in the day with an update. No one called, so again I had to call them. Keep in mind that they had the camper since Tuesday . They didn’t even start working on my camper until Thursday according to the service dept. . When I called back I was told that the camper was taken all apart and they realized that they had the wrong panels. (if they had started the camper on Thursday they should have known that the panels were wrong. Obviously they didn’t start it till Friday morning. ) They put the camper back together and said I could come get it. ( if they could put the camper back together that quickly why would it take 16 hrs. to repair?) She said: When the parts came in again they would now need to have my camper for 2 weeks!!!!! Seriously !!!

At this point we were ready to leave the camper there permanently an go back to Vermont country campers were they bend over backwards to come to you and repair your camper if possible!

Once Camping World was paid for the camper, we no longer mattered to them. Just another number in the system! When you make an appointment you expect that they start working on your camper when you arrive for your Appt. Not three days later!! When they tell you it will be 2-3 hrs. it should be done. We are busy people and make an appointment for a reason, left work early, rushed there and find out we have to leave it.

So i know how you feel!!

Kimber

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

• What I liked
    • How nice they are when your buying
  • What I disliked
    • Customer care policy
    • Service deptales practice or service dept
    • Poor customer service and lack of follow up
    • Dishonesty and disinterest
    • Service dept lack of personality
    • Service

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
332 of 1188 Camping World reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Camping World. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Camping World.
Filing a new complaint about
×